RTC self organizing
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of RTC self organizing
- 1. Increasing productivity with Rational Team Concert Practice: Whole Team Exercise 1: Establish Self-Organizing Teams
- Core concepts
- Learn how to answer the following questions
- How can I get my team discussions focused on the work, rather than on status for the sake of status?
- How do I understand our status at a glance without forcing my team to give me updates?
- How can I ensure we have productive, structured meetings without spending time creating intricate agendas?
- How do I improve communication between my team members, and leverage our internal knowledge?
- How can I govern the work that we do and decisions that we make without adding process and overhead?
4. Concept work item
- Work items are records that can be about anything a defect, a task, a personal reminder flexible, customizable but focused on ACTION
5. Concept dashboards
- Dashboards are hubs of information crafted for a team, or for personal usage a view into various aspects of work items and other information
6. Quick logistics
- Coordinate logistics and quick instructions right on the action based dashboard, reducing the number of places the team needs to look for details
- Provide call-in numbers, and logistics in viewlet
- Add viewlets with instructions
- Add a How To tab
7. Dynamic agenda creation
- Engage the whole team in creating and driving the agenda, without any advance dedicated time
- Anyone on team create work item with agenda item
- Add next_meeting tag to item (or to any existing work item)
- Create work item query based on team and tag
- Add work item viewlet to dashboard
- Moderate through meeting viewlet add discussion in comments, change owner/state, and remove tag when discussion complete
- Options to divide standing items and new items
- Use your own tagging system to set up different agenda segments
Dynamic agenda creation 9.
- Maintain relevant and contextual discussion within work items, rather than in a notes/minutes stream and allow entire team to action and record discussion freeing the moderator to truly moderate
- Create actions from discussion immediately in work items
- Triage/assign/add any notes/decisions to work items as discussed
- Add list of discussed WI and attendees in single work item, or if required, add notes to a Meeting notes tab in plans
Note-taking no more 10.
- Support the way you work in teams and in your meeting structure by developing custom status views on the dashboard
- Create smart work item queries (by person, by project, by team, etc.)
- Organize in tabs on dashboard
- Display using various viewlets/reports in dashboard
Sliced and diced status 11.
- Increase productivity by reducing the time it takes to find decisions and old discussion threads, and allowing conversations to happen asynchronously rather than waiting to discuss based on a static meeting agenda
- Use approvals to govern work across multiple people
- Use smart tagging, like decision, to create reference queries
- Improve dialogs and archiving by using commenting for discussion/updates
- Search to recall discussion/decisions
Knowledge management 12. Exercises
- Create a meeting query
- Create a Meetings tab on dashboard
- Add HTML viewlet for logistics
- Add a work item viewlet for agenda
- Determine archival method (iteration plan notes, or dated list of WIs)
- Organize status queries
- Determine any knowledge management conventions
- Finalize dashboard design