Qriocity Beta 2K13- Finals
Embed Size (px)
A quiz that i set and presented for high school students along with varna suresh. Sponsored by Underblu Studios Underblu Studios, an Underblu venture, is a VFX,Motion graphics and Branding Studio based out of Chennai,India. www.underblustudios.com https://www.facebook.com/underblustudios
Transcript of Qriocity Beta 2K13- Finals
- Qriocity 2K13 Beta Finals
- Sponsored By http://studios.underblu.com/ https://www.facebook.com/under blustudios
- Infi Pounce-1 +10 on bounce +10/-10 on pounce Clockwise
- The 'X' contains all the basic shapes necessary to write down any letter in Tamil. Namely, straight lines and curves. Additionally people also add a dot in the bottom. This helped people identify good palm leaves to write on. The ones on which they couldn't draw the 'X' comfortably were discarded. This habit persisted and is still followed as a tradition albeit without any particular use.
- Answer Pillayar Suzhi
- FITB In olden times, wooden vessels carried raw coffee from India to Europe, during the _____taking almost 6 months to sail around the Cape of Good Hope, the beans, exposed to constant humid conditions, underwent characteristic changes. They changed in size, texture, looks and in cup - experienced a never before feel. A mellowness so unique, softness personified, smoothness to the core that became an instant hit with the Europeans paving way to the birth of a new coffee. when the motor boat was introduced, the travel time was reduced and the coffee beans no longer had the unique taste it earlier used to have. To meet the demands for the unique coffee , An alternative process was implemented to replicate these conditions. This ritual is called _______ing , and the coffee is called as ______ed coffee. What ritual?
- Answer Monsooned coffee and monsooning -Laying dry coffee beans in the wet floors of warehouses.
- Varadarajan was born in Vellore, Madras Presidency in 1926. He moved to Bombay in the early 1960s. Working as a porter at VT Station, he began his crime life by distributing illicit liquor, he ventured into stealing dock cargo. He later diversified into contract killings, narcotics trade and land encroachment. Through the 70s, Varadarajan controlled the criminal operations in east and north central Mumbai. Starting in early 1980s, focused efforts by Bombay police led by then DCP Y C Pawar destroyed Varadarajan's mafia organisation, forcing him to flee to Chennai. The legendary Indian film director has said that he took inspirations for his film 'X' from Varadarajan mudaliyar. ID the film X
- Answer Nayakan
- ID X and Y X is the name of a supposed sunken landmass referred to in the ancient Tamil and Sanskrit Matsya Purana. It is said to have been located in the Indian Ocean, south of present-day Kanyakumari district at the southern tip of India.In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, Tamil nationalists came to identify X with Y, a "lost continent" posited in the 19th century to account for discontinuities in biogeography. In these accounts, X became the "cradle of civilization", the origin of human languages in general and the Tamil language in particular. These ideas gained notability in Tamil academic literature over the first decades of the 20th century,
- Answer X=Kumari Kandam Y=lemuria
- FITB Lightstruck, or _______ , beer has been exposed to ultraviolet and visible light. The light causes riboflavin to react with and break down isohumulones, a molecule that contributes to the bitterness of the beer and is derived from the hops. The resulting molecule, 3-methylbut-2-ene-1-thiol, is very similar chemically and in odour to the musk-borne mercaptins that are a ____'s natural defenses. In some cases, such as Miller High Life, a hop extract that does not have isohumulones is used to bitter the beer so it cannot be "lightstruck". A dark brown glass bottle gives some protection to the beer, but green and clear glass bottles offer virtually no protection at all.
- Answer Skunked Beer
- ID X and Y A group of women known as the "original 9" had been fighting for equal pay in their feild in the 1900s. However in a world dominated by men, they didnt seem to get their way. When one woman X ( not part of the Original 9) challenged the system and her male counterpart Y, what followed was the '____________' massacre, probably the biggest setback in their movement. followin which Y famously remarked "a womens place is in the kitchen and the bedroom- and not necessarily in that order.
- Answer X: Margeret Court Y: Bobby Riggs
- What are these? In Upper Limb Axillary _____: located inferiorly of the lateral wall of the axilla Brachial _______: located on the inside of the upper arm near the elbow. Radial _______: located on the lateral of the X Ulnar______ : located on the medial of the X in Lower limb Femoral ____: located in the inner thigh. Popliteal _____: Above the knee in the popliteal fossa. Dorsalis pedis _____: located on top of the foot. Tibialis posterior _____: located on the medial side of the ankle in Head and neck Carotid ___: located in the neck Facial _____: located on the mandible Temporal _____: located on the temple Apical ______: located in the 4.5th or 5th left intercostal space,
- Answer Common palpable sites for checking pulse blanks-pulse
- FITB ____, is a German consumer products company based in Kronberg. From 1984 until 2005, ____ was a wholly owned subsidiary of The Gillette Company, which had purchased a controlling interest in the company in 1967. ____is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Procter & Gamble, which acquired Gillette in 2005. ____ is said to have heavily inspired apple's design for many years. most of the apple products have stark resemblance to ___ products which released years ago apple's.
- Answer Braun
- Who about what? "I get brought in right at the last moment, where if they've worked out that they have a clarity issue or whatever, they can always add it to my dialogue. I feel like a pirate. This is robbery. I walk in, I say some lines on a piece of paper for two hours, and then they give me a bag of money and I leave and I go about my day. I sort of feel guilty, because at least acting can be exhausting, with long hours...but I do nothing! And I've never seen one of them. It's not because of any snobbishness, it's just not my thing. I'm plagued by fanboys who love X.... They come up and I've got no idea what they're talking about. I've got no idea about X- I don't get sent the whole script."
- Answer Paul bettany who voices J.A.R.V.I.S in Iron Man
- FITB __________ has the world record for an opening partnership with Pankaj Roy of 413 runs. He is however best known for a controversial wicket he took, on a tour of Australia in 1947-48. This came to be known as __________ after him. Don Bradman regarding this famously said "For the life of me, I can't understand why [the press] questioned his sportsmanship. The laws of cricket make it quite clear that the non striker must keep within his ground until the ball has been delivered. If not, why is the provision there which enables the bowler to run him out? By backing up too far or too early, the nonstriker is very obviously gaining an unfair advantage."
- Answer: Vinoo Mankad and Mankading
- ID X Xs modern design was initially created by William A. Turnier. In a modification to the design in 1924, the center of X was filled with a ring of laurels, two turtledoves and a thicker, more mechanical X font. Of that design, architecture critic Paul Goldberger wrote in the Times on the X's 75th anniversary, "It stands as the archetype of its kind, a reminder that ______ are designed as consciously as buildings, and sometimes better."
- Answer Design on Oreo Cookie .
- ID X Sobering Thought a 1 per cent dark stout was created specifically for the X trilogy, as a beer was needed that looked authentic, while having a low alcohol volume. This way no actor's performance was impaired. It was also the official brew enjoyed by the actors of X trilogy. It consists of a blend of Harrington's Premium Stout.
- X once tore a groin muscle so bad that he had to wear a stiff shoulder-to-groin brace that locked his body in a rigid upright position. It was far more constraining than his usual back brace, which he continued to wear. The two braces made it impossible for X to bend in reflex when he was first struck, X was a sitting duck for the final shot by his assassin as it was not possible for him to duck and take cover. ID X