PUMPING EFFICIENCY INTO CARGO OPERATIONS CARGO PUMPS FOR GAS CARRIERS PUMPING EFFICIENCY INTO CARGO...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of PUMPING EFFICIENCY INTO CARGO OPERATIONS CARGO PUMPS FOR GAS CARRIERS PUMPING EFFICIENCY INTO CARGO...
DEEPWELL CARGO PUMPSFOR GAS CARRIERS
PUMPING EFFICIENCY INTO CARGO OPERATIONSWrtsil is the undisputed leader in gas carrier pump technology. Our deepwell cargo pumps can handle all cargoes including LPG, LNG, ammonia, ethane and ethylene. 90% of the worlds LPG fleet depends on Wrtsil Svanehj deepwell cargo pump technology. With such a depth of experience across vessel and cargo types, we are the natural choice for high quality, safe and reliable systems with strong environmental performance that offer excellent lifetime value and complete peace of mind.
When absolute confidence in offloading safety and efficiency are critical, Wrtsil Svanehj is the natural choice among gas carriers worldwide for deepwell and cargo booster pumps. Our dedicated project teams deliver solutions for vessels from the smallest fully pressurized push barges and dedicated CO
2 carriers to the largest
fully refrigerated VLGCs, FLNGs and FRSUs. Our pumps handle all types of cargo at all temperatures and specific gravities without any component changes, offering potentially huge cost savings.
Our range spans: Fully pressurised tankers, cargo at ambient temperature, tank pressure up to 18 bar. Fully refrigerated atmospheric tankers, cargo cooled to saturation temperature (typically -48C - 88C). Semi-refrigerated tankers, cargo liquefied by cooling/pressure process down to -104C. We lead in long-shafted pumps for LNG at -163C.
DEEPWELL CARGO PUMPS
PROVEN RELIABILITYOur pump technology that has been in service for over 40 years.
STATE-OF-THE-ART SEALING SYSTEMWorks on cargo tank pressure; no nitrogen/compressed air connections.
HIGH LEVELS OF SAFETYDouble mechanical seals mounted back-to-back in oil bath prevents leaks in the unlikely event of seal failure.
WIDE RANGEOne of the widest ranges of references for all vessel applications.
CONFIDENCEA large part of the worlds fleet equipped with Wrtsil pump systems.
HIGH QUALITYSystems designed around individual customer needs, rigorously tested and engineered to the highest standards.
LIFECYCLE SUPPORTWorld leading technical support; spares and available throughout the lifetime of the vessel.
ON-TIME DELIVERYHighest standards of on-time delivery consistency.
AN UNRIVALLED MIX OF ADVANTAGES
Wrtsil Svanehj deepwell cargo pumps are used for offloading liquid gas on gas carriers and barges up to 100,000 m3.
On-deck electric motors.
Each pump optimised to the duty point by trimmed impellers or variable speed drives.
All stainless steel components in gas tank.
Our flexible pump solutions are designed to handle various cargo types with a wide span in temperature and specific gravity. There is no need for time consuming adaptions of the pump or replacement of seals and bearings, which is sometimes the case for other pump types.
Maintenance and repair of bearings and shaft seals even with cargo in the tank.
4,000+ pumps installed on more than 1,000 ships lifetime-of-the- ship reliability. Q (m3/h)
0 100 200 300 400 500 600 700 800 900 1000 1100
Please note that the above curves are valid for any gas type, but the pumps have a maximum design pressure of 18 Barg.
Typical Applications: The NMB series of pumps acts as boosters, to increase discharging pressure when offloading lighter cargoes, i.e. low specific gravity cargoes.
Capacities up to 1,200m3/h at up to 180 mlc - the ideal choice for liquid gas where a booster is required. Designed for liquid gas installed on fully and semi pressurised as well as fully and semi refrigerated carriers.
The shaft sealing arrangement is based on the principle of communicating vessels. By adding the force of a spring into the equation we ensure that the pressure in the sealing system is always higher than the tank pressure, thereby preventing cargo leakages.
1. PRESSURE GAUGESThe system is equipped with 2 pressure gauges.a) Indicates the pressure in the cargo tank. b) Indicates the pressure in the sealing oil chamber, this pressure will always be higher than the cargo tank pressure.
2. LEVEL INDICATORThe piston inside the sight glass follows the movement of the spring and thereby indicates the oil level in the sealing system. Can be delivered with low oil level switch for remote alarm.
3. PRESSURE BOOSTERFully automatic system where the sealing oil is put under pressure from both the cargo tank and the spring. This ensures that the pressure within the sealing chamber is always higher than in the cargo tank.
4. CARGO TANK PRESSUREThrough this pipe the cargo tank pressure (vapour pressure) is added directly to the spring house.
5. DOUBLE MECHANICAL SEALSBack to back mechanical seals lubricated by pressurised sealing oil.
6. STATIC SEALUsed only for maintenance purposes. The shaft can be lowered to a point where the static seal completely seals of the cargo hence making it possible to do maintenance, such as changing the mechanical seals, even with a full cargo tank.
7. LEAK OIL COLLECTION CHAMBERIn the event of a damaged lower mechanical seal the collection chamber will be able to obtain all the sealing oil in the system so that none of it contaminates the cargo. The leaked oil can be drained from the chamber through the lower valve.
8. LEAK OIL OUTLETSealing oil bleeding from this pipe indicates that the upper sealing may be damaged and needs to be changed.
9. SEALING OIL CHAMBERThe chamber is air cooled, which needs a large surface, an aluminum block has been fitted into the chamber to reduce the inside volume so it does not exceed the volume in the collection chamber. The sealing oil is constantly circulated during pump operation by a helical ridge on the shaft.
10. OIL INLETFilling of sealing oil will load the spring and thereby increase pressure. The inlet is equipped with quick coupling for easy filling and refilling of sealing oil by a special Svanehj manually operated pump. One pump per ship set is included.
Pressure gauge-seal chamber pressure
Cargo tank pressure
Double mechanical seal
Leak oil collectionchamber - lower seal
Sealing oil chamber9.
Leak oil outlet- upper seal
NMB BOOSTER PUMPS
SHAFT SEALING ARRANGEMENT
Fully stainless steel pump mounted on a skid with electrical motor.
Flexible spacer coupling and monitored pressurised shaft seal arrangement.
Booster pumps are also available in an inline vertical version, NIPB.
EXPERIENCE AND RECENT SUCCESSES
84,000 m3 LPG CARRIER (VLGC)
Design temperature: -52C
Tank type: prismatic, type A tank
Scope of supply: 8 x Wrtsil Svanehj deepwell cargo pumps of 600 m3/h @ 120 mLC, 2 x Wrtsil Svanehj booster pumps of 600 m3/h @ 115 mLC.
7,500 m3 LNG/MULTI GAS CARRIER
Design temperature: -163C
Tank type: cylindrical, type C tank
Cargo: LNG/LEG/LPG NH3/VCM
Scope of supply: 2 x Wrtsil Svanehj deepwell cargo pumps of 450 m3/h @ 210 mLC, 1 x Wrtsil Svanehj booster pump 450 m3/h @ 120 mLC.
35,000 m3 LPG MEDIUM GAS CARRIERS
Design temperature: -104C
Tank type: cylindrical bi-lobe, type C tank
Scope of supply: 6 x Wrtsil Svanehj deepwell cargo pumps of 550 m3/h @ 120 mLC, 2 x Wrtsil Svanehj booster pumps 550 m3/h @ 120 mLC.
WRTSIL is a registered trademark. Copyright 2014 Wrtsil Corporation.Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
Wrtsil Svanehj A/S firstname.lastname@example.org
AT YOUR SERVICE
We know that in order to maintain optimized efficiency and pump performance, our proximity and responsiveness are essential elements in your pump solution. That is why we deliver after sales support through our network of service centres in over 70 countries worldwide. Our global network ofsales and service centres ensures that we can provide first class technical spares and service support to our customers wherever they may be located.
EXPERT ADVICE IS PRICELESS
At Wrtsil Svanehj you will be working withfirst-class designers of deepwell cargo pumps. We have the expertise, know-how, and experience within the industry and are not at least a production facility which is 100% dedicated to deepwell pumps. We offer expert advice on your next deepwell cargo pump investment and will make sure that you end up with the most advantageous layout for your operations. Our many years of experience and numerous renowned references are your guarantee that we deliver our promises on deepwell cargo pumps.
Furthermore, a Wrtsil solution equals service and support throughout the lifecycle of your installations and is not only confined to yearly inspections and performance tests. Service and support may also include basic support, installation and commissioning, performance optimization, upgrades and conversions, as well as service projects and agreements. Also, our spare part packages can include start up, two year spare parts, and capital spare parts.