Providence Monthly's: Great Local Gifts 2013
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Providence Monthly's: Great Local Gifts 2013
1. DIY Holiday CardsFestive stationery for card-making; custom pricing at Paperworks
3. Light UpBlack + Blum dinner-loop candelabra with chrome finish; $32 at The Curatorium
5. Seasonal Baked GoodsLocally sourced gourmet pastries; $30 per dozen at Petit Bon
2. From the Georgian MountainsHandmade colorful wind chimes; $48.95 at A Bees Buzz
4. Monogrammed Makeup BagCustom cosmetic bag; starting at $80 at Wendy Brown Home
6. Gurgling PitcherAqua GurglePot (avail-able in several colors); $48 at Homestyle
Cover Photography: Scott Beer Animus Studios
Gifts Theyll Love, Love, Love!
Combining furniture, home decor and extraordinary gifts in a uniquely upbeat and inviting space, Homestyle promises a memorable holiday shopping experience.
Custom gift wrapping available.
Homestyle229 Westminster St., Providence
Putting fun back into functional paper, Paperworks literally has paper for every occasion, from perforated to brochures,
Neenah to letterpress, envelopes to metallic.
73 Dorrance St., Providence533-9869
Shop small and local with over 170 vendors offering antiques and handicrafts. Open
weekends, Mondays, Wednesdays and Thurs-days, A Bees Buzz is a shopping hotspot.
A Bees Buzz114 Danielson Pike, Foster
After eight years of satisfying gift-giving needs, from toys to jewelry and house-
wares, The Curatorium knows how to help every customer find the perfect gift.
The Curatorium197 Wickenden St., Providence
Wendy Brown Home offers holiday and gift accessories for the home, including linens,
throws, robes, pajamas, scented candles, body lotions, taper candles and much more.
Wendy Brown Home183 Wayland Ave., Providence
For a truly memorable holiday, turn to PetitBon. Chef Sarah PetitBon crafts seasonal artisan desserts with ingredients sourced from local
farms, and delivers to homes or offices.
PetitBonCall to Reserve
1. Bold in BlueBlue suede and black leather clutch, $84; print-ed silk scarf, $22; both at Shoppe Pioneer
3. PerfumesWest Third Brand fra-grances; $28 each at J Marcel
5. Its a WrapChan Luu 32 wrap bracelet with Swarovski crystals on leather with sterling silver clasp; $240 at Flaunt Boutique
2. Leather BootsDingo fringe boot, $164.95; Boulet blue flower boot, $249.95; Justin boot, $180.95; all at Allies
4. Striped CufflinksBaade Lapis rhodium finish cufflinks; $155 at Milan Clothiers
6. Large ToteMeta dot Ashley hand-bag; $268 at Andrea Valentini
Make a FashionStatement
Selling western tack and apparel, pet food and livestock supplies, animal feed, supple-ments and more, Allies takes care of all
your animal needs.
Allies3700 Quaker Ln., North Kingstown
Transforming everyday materials into custom sculptural textiles, designer Andrea Valentini creates signature lifestyle hand-bags, accessories and housewares that are
truly art for everyday living.
Andrea Valentini357 South Main St., Providence
When shopping for men, turn to Milan for their unique, one-of-a-kind clothing and accessory selections. Too many choices?
Gift certificates are always perfect.
Milan178 Wayland Ave.,
Bags, boots, and shiny objects! Everything a girl could want: perfume, scarves, hats,
costume and designer jewlery, hairaccessories, and gifts galore.
J Marcel808 Hope St.,Providence383-9777
As a premier womens fashion and lifestyle boutique, Shoppe Pioneer offers exclusively curated fashion finds coupled with unique
gifts perfect for the rest of life.
Shoppe Pioneer253 S. Main St., Providence
Carrying the newest trends and hottest brands, Flaunt Boutique is a must-see
shopping destination for anyone seeking a special gift worth, well, flaunting.
Flaunt Boutique19 Sanderson Rd., Smithfield
1. Artisan MadeClassic gold filled Rainforest earrings, $42; mini gold filled Swarovski Rainforest necklace; $40 both at Noon Designs
3. Handmade CeramicBaby chicks by Dwo Wen Chen; $55 each at Three Wheel Studio
5. Art Classes & WorkshopsGift certificates available for adults and children; starting at $60 at Blue Door Studio
2. Decorative FrameFinished corner gold frame; multiple sizes starting at $40 at Providence Picture Frame
4. Hand Blown GlassGlobe by Christopher Belleau; $30 at Gallery Belleau
6. Handcrafted SetNecklace, $264; earrings, $144; both at Craftland
Get Crafty withGift Giving
Gallery Belleau offers blown glass, ceramics, jewelry and more from locally and nationally known artists. Starting in December, no sales
tax on art or craft items!
Gallery Belleau424 Wickenden St., Providnece
Looking for something fun? Noon Designs is a unique storefront and studio that designs and fabricates
jewelry, letterpress greeting cards, home goods and body products.
Noon Designs, INC.75 Weybosset St., Providence
The best gifts keep on giving: Blue Door Studios art classes help students of all ages develop their artistic skills and
expand their imaginations.
Blue Door Studio1672 Cranston St., Cranston
Blow your sports fan away this holiday! From custom welded frames to basic shadow boxes, Providence Picture Frame is where the pros go to decorate their man-caves.
Providence Picture Frame27 Dryden Ln., Providence
In the heart of downtown, Craftland celebrates all kinds of sparkly homemade objects and the independent artists who make them. Come see what they offer!
Craftland235 Westminster St., Providence
Find the perfect gift among whimsical and tra-ditional fine American crafts by studio potter Dwo Wen Chen. Watch as pottery is created onsite. Featuring fine stoneware, porcelain,
earthenware, terracotta and more.
Three Wheel Studio436 Wickenden St., Providence
1. Made in the USAPave colour round enhancer with chain by John Mederios Jewelry; $165 together or available separately at Tickles, Wrights Gift Shop, Charming Treasures and the Kent Hospital Gift Shop
3. Gold Plated CuffHandmade sterling silver bracelet from Anna Becks Timor Collection; $550 at M.R.T. Jewelers
5. Emerald Ring4.2 carat surrounded by diamonds set in 14 carat white gold; $9,000 at Norms Jewelry
2. Open Band Ring14 carat white gold with 6.4 DWT pave set dia-monds; $599 at Empire Loan
4. Artisan MadeBlack Druzy, diamonds, 22 carat gold and ster-ling silver necklace by Ananda Khalsa; $525 at Studio Hop
6. New Bangle Pandora bracelet with peacock charm and two Murano glass beads; $215 at Ephraim Doumato Jewelers
Sparkly, Shiny & Pretty... Oh My!
Your hometown jeweler since 1982. Stop in and browse their unique selection of new and estate jewelry. Layaway and free gift wrapping are available for the holidays.
Since 1918, M.R.T. Jewelers has provided value and quality, two traits clearly repre-sented in their selection of wedding rings,
diamonds and fashion jewelry.
Norms Jewelry1160 North Main St.,
M.R.T. Jewelers927 Warren Ave., East Providence
Known for beautiful, high quality products and excellent customer service, Ephraim Doumato Jewelers lives up to its company
logo, the peacock, a symbol of pride.
Ephraim Doumato Jewelers19 Sanderson Rd., Smithfield
Looking for beautiful jewelry without breaking the bank? Empire Loan offers pre-owned diamond rings, earrings, necklaces and even mens watches, all
well below market price.
Empire Loan 1271 North Main St., Prov, 437-8421
358 Broad St., Prov, 273-7050www.empireloan.com
John MedeirosJewelry Collectionswww.johnmedeiros.com
John Medeiros Jewelry provides local hand-crafted, three-dimensional designs that are affordable for all to enjoy. Find them at: The Hospitality Shop at Kent Hospital, Warwick, RI Charming Treasures, North Scituate, RI Tickles, Swansea, MA Wrights Gift Shop,
Exceptional handmade jewelry and gifts, fine art, ceramics, blown glass, turned
wood, clothing, accessories, vintage fur-niture and so much more! Featuring local
and national artists.
Studio Hop810 Hope St., Providence
1. A Taste of RhodyRhode Island themed glasses; $14 each at Frog and Toad
6. World at Your FingertipsLivingston 12 blue illumi-nated globe; $95 at The Map Center
5. Worlds Best GiftGuinness Book of World Records; $28.95 at Books on the Square
2. Peruvian ArtCajoncita box of flowers by Eleudora Jimenez; $88 at The Peaceable Kingdom
4. Singing Bowl from IndiaA decorative singing bowl; $124 at SPeCTRuM-IndIA
3. Snowy narragansettTowers 201