Prospect for buddhist youth
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Prospect for buddhist youth
- 1.By: Kiran Maharjan [email_address] www.kmaharjan.com.np Buddhist youth committee Patan, Laltitpur
- The future of Buddhism from:
- World's point of view
- History's point of view
- Society's point of view
- Religion's point of view
- Life's point of view
- Buddhism's point of view
- Purify ourselves with sila and Dharma.
- Benefit all sentient beings with altruism and happiness
- Secure ourselves in dhyana and wisdom.
- Young people who immerse themselves in Buddhism must hope that Buddhism will have a bright future.
- If the future of Buddhism has hope, we as Buddhist youth can feel that life is full of hope and meaning
- we can have a sense of peacefulness both mentally and physically and feel secure.
- Buddhism is a happy religion and hopes that everyone will find supreme peace and happiness.
- If Buddhism is a happy religion, why does it emphasize the suffering of life?
- A Buddhist proverb says, "A pure heart will create a Pure Land.
- The whole universe is seen in them. Time and space all merge together. There is no distinction between mind and matter.
- prehistoric time the "Divine-power" era
- natural destructive forces such as wind, water, thunder, rain and fire punishing the human race
- They asked for forgiveness through various methods of sacrifice and worship.
- "King-power" era
- "People-power" era
- Three Principles of the People: Nationalism, Democracy and Livelihood
- "Life-power" era
- All living beings have the Buddha Nature
- Nomadic society
- Industrial Revolution
- Materialism and the development of technology fail to allow relationships among individuals to develop in real freedom and equality.
- The Ethical Society
- The growth of our spiritual life and the raising of our moral standards
- Harvard University, Oxford, Cambridge, London University, Tribhuvan University
- Religion of nature
- worshipped the moon, the sun, the wind, the rain, the thunder, the lightning, the trees, the stones, the sky, and the ground
- Supernatural events were believed to be the manifestation of gods and ghosts
- Religion of Truth
- It should allow people to attain the state of Nirvana that is the state without the pain of birth and death.all living beings have the Buddha Nature
- The earliest Buddhist life-style was that mendicancy
- monasteries and in the forests
- Buddha recitation groups, lay Buddhist groups
- study and discuss with each other, and stimulate each other to delve deeply into Buddhism, it can truly lead to enlightenment.
- An enlightened life means a life that is based on the experience of egolessness and impermanence (anitya).
- There is no difference between life and death. Possession and non-possession are the same, come and go are one.
- Buddhism is concerned with the human condition. This is called people's Buddhism.
- Buddhism is to train our mind in order to see our original nature, to know the truth about this universe and life, to be freed from the pain of birth and death and to attain the ultimate freedom and equanimity.
- Hypothetical (the future world will become a world of "Buddhayana Buddhism")
- "Wait till I am old"
- Buddhism belongs only to the dead, because sutras are always being chanted in order to free the souls Of the dead from suffering in their next life.
- Buddha Sakyamuni to Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara, Manjusri, Samantabhadra and Ksitigarbha, etc
- young people must do to become the pillars which defend Buddhism
- If we don't purify ourselves, how can we expect society and other people to be purified? - five precepts
- One wanting to climb to high places has to start from low places.
- Four Noble Truths, the Twelvefold Chain of Causation, the Six Paramitas and the various methods of practice.
- We must attract and convert all sentient beings with altruism and happiness.
- The spirit of Buddhism is not only to save ourselves.
- Just talking about truth is not enough. We have to benefit everyone and make them happy.
- Follow what the Buddha taught and bring a new life-style to people.
- Today's society is in a confused state. People always feel uncertain and anxious.
- If we Buddhist youths have the experience of Dharma, regardless of whether we are walking, sleeping or sitting, or whether we are studying or practicing, we can feel the beauty of life and be at ease with ourselves.
- the wisdom of Buddhism is to reveal our original nature and help us to destroy all illusions.
- wisdom we talk about in Buddhism is different from the wisdom used by scientists.
- Buddhism is like a high mountain. When we climb up, we can see through all worldly phenomena. Buddhism is also like an ocean. If we understand it, our wisdom is vast and boundless.
- Thank You