Presentacion tricia spence marzo11
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Presentacion tricia spence marzo11
- 1. TRICIA SPENCE
- A title
- Something attractive or catchy
- Which title do you prefer?
- How to classify minibeasts
- Incy Wincy Spider
- Mountain Magic
- The Earths Internal Processes
- You also need a subtitle to explain what the activity relates to.
- e.g.Mountain Magic
- The Internal Processes of the Earth
- Its a good idea to write your name(s) and also the school(s) where you work and the date.
- We need to know who the activity is for
- For example:
- Year 3 of Primary Education
- Year 2 of Secondary Education
- We need to know the level (approx.)
- For example:
- A1, A2, etc. or Pre-A1
- We also need to know how long it will take
- For example:
- 30 minutes, 1 session, 2 sessions, etc.
5. Your activity needs
- e.g. What is it for? Why are you going to do this?
- Link to competences
- What key competences are involved?
- ask your teacher if youre not sure
Language Content To understand and produce simple oral and written texts and show interest in using the FL actively To understand and apply basic criteria to differentiate and classify members of the animal kingdom (arthropods) 6. We need to know what it involves
- Does it involve listening, speaking, reading, writing or integrated skills?
- What vocabulary does it teach?
- What structures does it use?
- What concepts does it involve?
- What activities or tasks does it involve?
e.g. Listening to a text in order toidentify 3 pictures Vocabulary: cattle, cow, bull (horn, snout/muzzle, leg, tail, coat, udder) Technical: rear, be kept for, forage, dairy products, decline, increase, breed Structure: present simple tense; should e.g. Identifying and classifying according to physical characteristics 7. What else do we need to know?
- How the activity is carried out:
- Is it whole group, small groups, pairs or individual?
- How long does each part take?
- In the classroom, other school area, inside/outside, other place, etc.
- If in the classroom, do we need to change the layout?
- Who with?
- With language assistant and teacher?
- Do we need other people?
- What with?
- Do we need any special resources?
- Is it connected to a specific unit?
- Does it refer to a specific time of year or celebration?
8. What should we prepare?
- Break up the usual routine of the Subject Area
- Be creative and unusual
- Find a song linked to the topic
- Prepare a game to consolidate new knowledge (Walking Bingo, Pass the Parcel, Millionaire, Round the World, Board Team Race, etc.)
- Work out an activity with a video clip
- Carry out an experiment
- Make something (a recipe, an object, an art work)
- Create a Web Quest
- Prepare some puzzles
- Design a Treasure Hunt (classroom, visit, virtual, map, Geocaching)
- Find a website for an activity (plant a tree, etc.)
- Prepare a listening/reading task to correct information, choose a picture, exchange information, etc.
- Make sure you include something that will consolidate language
- something that will consolidate content
10. AND FINALLY?
- Use the activity with your pupils
- reflect on the strong and weak points
- What went well
- What didnt go so well
- What can I do?