Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Powerful women-in-india
- 1. POWERFUL INDIAN WOMEN
- 2. What is power? Power is not about who you are, rather its about what you do.
- 3. Who is a powerful woman?
- 4. NITA AMBANI
- 5. Nita Ambani Life Was born on 1st Nov, 1963. Grew up in the suburbs of Mumbai and hails from a middle class family. Holds qualifications as a teacher and an interior designer. Is a Commerce Graduate from Narsee Monjee College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai university. Has a keen interest in Indian classical dance Is married to Reliance Industries Owner Mukesh Ambani. Is a proud mother of a lovely daughter Isha, and two sons, Anant and Akash.
- 6. Nita Ambani - Career Is the chairperson of Dhirubhai Ambani International School. Heads the Dhirubhai Ambani Foundation which is a non-profit organization primarily devoted towards the promotion of education and health care services for the needy and under privileged in India. Co-owns the IPL team Mumbai Indians.
- 7. Nita Ambani Social Work Works tirelessly in order to raise the living standards of the underprivileged and needy as part of the Dhirubhai Ambani Foundation. Has taken upon the task of providing for a fair share of representation to the physically challenged in call centers and associated facilities in the Dhirubhai Ambani Knowledge City.
- 8. Nita Ambani Social Work Has supervised the development of villages around the Reliance projects personally. Is part of Reliance Industries and UNAIDS partnership which is aimed towards halting and reversing the HIV epidemic in India.
- 9. Nita Ambani - Achievements Has received Bharat Nari Shakti award at the Samaj Seva Vishwa Bhushan at the Award function was held on the International Womens Day in 2005. She was awarded for her leadership qualities, selfless service and innovative ideas, particularly in health care and education.
- 10. Nita Ambani - Qualites Inspiring figure in the healthcare department Educationist Perfect wife and mother Devoted daughter-in-law Mentor Great friend Tactic businesswoman
- 11. Nita Ambani -Quotes What I have learnt is that it is important to pursue your passion more than your legacy; if you have a passion with a purpose, then everything else fits in. Wealth and power dont go together. Power cannot be brokered. To me, power is responsibility.
- 12. Nita Ambani -Quotes Sport is not just about entertainment. It is equally about winning and losing, pooling and galvanizing the energy of the youth, upgrading people's physical fitness and mental prowess. My background is that I came from a middle class family, and I think those values stay where ever you go.
- 13. Nita Ambani -Quotes If you find meaning in your work, it becomes a passion.
- 14. EKTA KAPOOR
- 15. Ekta Kapoor - Life Was born in June 7, 1975 Daughter of former bollywood superstar Jitendra Kapoor and elder sister of current bollywood actor Tusshar Kapoor Did schooling from Bombay Scottish School and later on joined Mithibai College Joined TV-serial production on the advice of her father at the age of nineteen Changed the face of Indian television industry and completely dominated it
- 16. Ekta Kapoor - Career BALAJI TELEFILMS Was incorporated in 1994 Redefined the Indian television space Got renowned with the comedy show Hum Paanch Achieved about 35 programming hours per week across all channels in 2002 Has received a number of awards over the years First blockbuster show Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
- 17. Ekta Kapoor - Career INITIAL PHASE Worked as an assistant model coordinator for an advertising company Firstly developed a television software, at a cost of roughly Rs 5 million but was not so successful Was not taken seriously and experienced writers thought she was the brainless daughter of a moneyed father Had five to six projects ready but none of them were accepted by the channels
- 18. Ekta Kapoor - Career MEDIVIAL PHASE Gradually, was able to overcome these problems through sheer grit and determination Was able to make a place for herself in the television software market Dedicated her all waking hours to television Her serials regularly featured in the top ten programs and got the highest TRP ratings
- 19. Ekta Kapoor - Career FINAL PHASE Felt that her initial failure contributed a lot to her success at a later stage Started watching television carefully, analyzing each program and working out her next project Most of the serials were depicted to family life of huge traditional families
- 20. Ekta Kapoor Success Fingers on the audience pulse Focused on the target market Focus on budget is key to profitability Focuses on her core competencies at Balaji Hard working Outstanding vision Self motivation. Does not bother about rumors.
- 21. Ekta Kapoor - Achievements 15 times Indian Television Academy Awards(ITA) won Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the year in 2001 Rajiv Gandhi Award in 2002 Asian Television Awards Asias most watched show Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (2004)
- 22. Ekta Kapoor - Achievements GR8 Women Award for the Most Successful Woman 2012 Stardust Award in 2011 Asias Social Empowerment Award The Global Indian Film and TV Honors Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Award
- 23. Ekta Kapoor Qualities She was chosen as Asias Most Powerful Communicators by Asia Week magazine Queen of Soap Operas in India Believe in herself Always connect with her audience To give chance every new face & trying to learn something with them
- 24. Ekta Kapoor - Quotes You need to evolve and re-evolve to align yourself with changing tastes. Great content is all about great basic thoughts! Things you and I can see all around, but no one has been able to pick up and use as a concept.
- 25. MARY KOM
- 26. Mary Kom Name Birth NameBirth Name: Mangte Chungneijang Full NameFull Name: Mangte Chungneijang Mary Kom NicknameNickname: Magnificent Mary
- 27. Mary Kom - Life Since childhood, Mary Kom had a keen interest in athletics, although it was after a fight with a boxer that she realized what she is good at. Inspired for Boxing By: Dingko Singh Coach: M. Narjit Singh, Manipur State Boxing Coach at Khuman Lampak, Impha
- 28. Mary Kom Life She is married to K. Onler Kom and has 3 sons. She first met her husband in 2001 when Kom was at New Delhi on her way to the National Games in Punjab, while Onler was studying at Delhi University. They got married in 2005.
- 29. Mary Kom - Career Her first career win came in 2000 when she won the Best Boxer Award at the First State Level Invitation at the womens boxing championship in Manipur. she won a total of five National Championships from 2000 to 2005. she won the AIBA world boxing championship thrice in 2002, 2005 and 2006.
- 30. Mary Kom - Career In 2008, she participated at the Asian Womens Boxing Championship in India where she won a silver medal. The same year she boxed at the AIBA Womens World Boxing Championship in China where she earned the Gold medalher fourth successive gold medal at the championship.
- 31. Mary Kom - Achievements She is a 5-time World Amateur Boxing Champion. The only woman boxer to have won a medal in each one of the six world championships The first Indian woman boxer to get a Gold Medal in the Asian Games in 2014 in Incheon, South Korea. Padma Bhushan (Sports), 2013 Arjuna Award (Boxing), 2003 In 2014, Priyanka Chopra played the role of Mary Kom in the biographical film about her life.
- 32. Mary Kom Awards Arjuna Award (Boxing) in 2003 Padma Shree (Sports) in 2006 Contender for Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in 2007 People of the Year - Limca Book of Records in 2007 CNN-IBN & Reliance Industries' Real Heroes Award in 2008
- 33. Mary Kom Awards Pepsi MTV Youth Icon in 2008 'Magnificent Mary', AIBA in 2008 Felicitation by Zomi Students' Federation (ZSF) at New Lamka YPA Hall in 2008 Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award in 2009 International Boxing Association's Ambassador for Women's Boxing in 2009 Sportswoman of the year, Sahara Sports Award in 2010
- 34. Mary Kom Social Work I want to contribute to the society, develop the roads, make sure the kids dont face a problem while going to school, she said. Mary Kom is a supporter of animal rights. She said, "Circuses are cruel places for animals where they are beaten and tortured. As a mother, I can imagine what animals go through when their children are taken away from them to forcefully perform in circuses. It's sad,"
- 35. Mary Kom Message to Society Your background doesnt decide your future Always dream and aim in life Take inspiration from others Be passionate about what you learn Be self-determined and have strong willpower Do not let anybody down and try to gain support from your loved ones
- 36. Mary Kom Quotes People used to say that boxing is for men and not for women and I thought I will show them some day. I promised myself and I proved myself. It has been a tough journey. I carried on with the support of family and friends. Despite the loss today, I am satisfied with the way I performed.
- 37. Mary Kom-Quotes Everyone is scared and asking me questions if I am going to quit. I want to tell them that dont worry; I am not retiring and will continue. I do not only rely on my technique or strength but also on my mind. If I, being a mother of two, can win a medal, so can you all. Take me as an example and don`t give up.
- 38. THANK YOU! Presented by : Priya Sharma (2013KUCP1003) Rajat Kumar Jain (2013KUCP1002) Ankit Kaushik (2013KUCP1006)