Embed Size (px)
A powerful tool for converting your team from so so to go go.
Transcript of Positive Synergy
- POSITIVE SYNERGY
- 2. SYNERGY
- According to the American Heritage Dictionary , the term "synergy" is derived from the Greek word sunergos meaning "working together."
- Synergy, also known as synergism , refers to the combined effects produced by two or more parts, elements, or individuals.
- Simply stated, synergy results when the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
- In the context of organizational behavior , synergy is the ability of a group to outperform even its best individual member.
- In a technical context , its meaning is collection of different elements working together to produce results not obtainable by any of the elements alone. The elements or parts, can include people, hardware, software, facilities, policies, documents: all things required to produce system-level results.
- If used in a business application it means that teamwork will produce an overall better result than if each person was working toward the same goal individually
- 4. Human Synergy
- Human synergy relates to humans. For example, say person A alone is too short to reach an apple on a tree and person B is too short as well. Once person B sits on the shoulders of person A, they are more than tall enough to reach the apple.
- A song is also a good example of human synergy, taking more than one musical part and putting them together to create a song that has a much more dramatic effect than each of the parts when played individually.
- Synergy usually arises when two persons with different complementary skills cooperate.
- In business, cooperation of people with organizational and technical skills, happens very often. In general, the most common reason why people cooperate is it brings a synergy.
- Synergy is the highest activity of life, it creates new untapped alternatives, it values and exploits the mental, emotional and psychological differences between people.
- 6. POSITIVE SYNERGY
- Synergy can be a positive or negative outcome of combined efforts.
- Positive synergy is sometimes called the 2 + 2 = 5 effect. Operating independently, each subsystem can produce two units of output. However, by combining their efforts and working together effectively, the two subsystems can produce five units of output.
- Positive synergy resulting from group decisions may well include the generation of more ideas, more creative solutions, increased acceptance of the decision by group members, and increased opportunity for the expression of diverse opinions.
- Much of the current interest in teams and team building is an effort to achieve positive synergy through the combined efforts of team members.
- 8. Positive Synergy At The Organization Level
- Organizations strive to achieve positive synergy or strategic fit by combining multiple products, business lines, or markets.
- One way to achieve positive synergy is by acquiring related products, so that sales representatives can sell numerous products during one sales call.
- Mergers and acquisitions are corporate-level strategies designed to achieve positive synergy.
- The intended result of many business decisions is positive synergy. Managers expect that combining employees into teams or broadening the firm's product or market mix will result in a higher level of performance.
- Develop A Win-Win Mentality. Believe that all parties involved will gain more insight, enthusiasm, learning and growing by working together.
- Keep minds, hearts, and expressions open to new possibilities.
- Recognize others differing opinions, views,and perspectives as helpful when seeking solutions. Valuing the differences lets people discover things together that they would much less likely discover individually.