Here is the presentation on Pinterest in which i have included about CEO, Pinterest growth, Pinterest future etc.... and more to gain.
Transcript of Pinterest ppt
2. Introduction Pinterest is a Pin Board style Social Photo and Video Sharing site launched in 2009 by Cold Brew Labs Inc. Pinterest is the Fastest growing Social Networking Service in the World. Pinterest is a visually focused images sharing site, centered on interest, lifestyles, and planning. It is a social network that allows users to visually share, curate, and discover new interests by posting, also known as pinning, images or videos to their own or others pinboards (i.e. a collection of pins, usually with a common theme). Pinterest allows users to create and manage image collections according to related theme. It allows users to browse others Pin Boards for Re-Pin for their
3. History The evolution of Pinterest is based on the shared interest of its users and relies on its members to produce the content. The most popular categories, as of March 2012, were home, arts and crafts, style/fashion, and food. Development of Pinterest began in December 2009, and the site launched as a closed beta in March 2010. The site proceeded to operate in invitation-only open beta. Founded by Ben Silbermann, Paul Sciarra, and Evan Sharp to create community of Pinners who can easily share their interests and ideas with each other. Silbermann said he personally wrote to the site's first 5,000 users offering his personal phone number and even meeting with some of its users. Nine months after the launch the website had 10,000 users. Silbermann and a few programmers operated the site out of a small apartment until the summer of 2011.
4. About CEO Ben Silbermann is an American Internet entrepreneur who co-founded Pinterest, a virtual pinboard which lets users organize images, links, recipes and other things. His Nationality is America. His Spouse is Divya Bhaskaran. His net woth is $100 million
5. Home Page
6. Things can be done on Pinterest Pin: An image posted to Pinterest Pinning: The act of visually sharing content Pin Board: A set of theme-based pins. Repin: Reposting somebody elses pin Pin It Button: Button that can be place on websites Pinner: The person who does the sharing
7. Success After the launch of an iPhone app in early March 2011, brought in a more than expected number of downloads. In December 2011, the site became one of the top 10 largest social network services, according to Hitwise data, with 11 million total visits per week. In January 2012, comScore reported the site had 11.7 million unique users, making it the fastest site in history to break through the 10 million unique visitor mark. According to Experian Hitwise, the site became the third largest social network in the United States in March 2012, behind Facebook and Twitter. The Co-founder Paul Sciarra left his position at Pinterest in April 2012 for a consulting job as entrepreneur in residence at Andreessen Horowitz. On 10 August 2012, Pinterest no longer required a request or an invitation to join the site. In addition, the Pinterest app for Android and iPad was also launched on August 14, 2012.
8. Success On September 20, 2012 Pinterest announced the hiring of its new head of engineering, Jon Jenkins. Jenkins came from Amazon, where he spent eight years as an engineering lead and was also a director of develop tools, platform analysis and website platform. In October 2012, Pinterest announced a new feature that would allow users to report others for negative and offensive activity or block other users if they do not want to view their content. Pinterest said they want to keep their community "positive and respectful."Also in October, Pinterest launched business accounts allowing businesses to either convert their existing personal accounts into business accounts, or start from scratch. In March 2013, Pinterest acquired Livestar. Terms were not disclosed. In October 2013, Pinterest acquired Hackermeter. The companys co-founders, Lucas Baker and Frost Li, joined Pinterest as engineers.
9. Success According to Alexa Traffic Ranks Global Rank is 26. Country Percent of Visitors Rank in Country United States 44.9% 12 India 9.1% 17 United Kingdom3.9% 19 Canada 3.1% 14 France 2.4% 35
10. Awards Pinterest won the Best New Startup of 2011 at the TechCrunch Crunchies Awards . At the 2012 Webby Awards, Pinterest won best social media app and people's voice award for best functioning visual design.
11. Business pages Pinterest also allows businesses to create pages aimed at promoting their companies online.Such pages can serve as a "virtual storefront/" In one case study of a fashion website, users visiting from Pinterest spent $180 compared to $85 spent from users coming from Facebook. These users spent less time on the company's website, choosing instead to browse from the company's pinboard. Further brand studies have continued to show Pinterest is more effective at driving sales than other forms of social media. In 2013, Pinterest introduced a new tool called 'Rich Pins', to enhance the customer experience when browsing through pins made by companies. Business pages can include various data, topics and information such as prices of products, ratings of movies or ingredients for recipes.
12. Is Pinterest Important for your Business? Pinterest is growing very fast, daily unique visitors of Pinterest is nearly 1.5 million and spending an around 15 minutes a day on the website. In January 2012, Pinterest drive greater traffic to websites than combined Google Plus, Youtube, LinkedIn and Reddit traffic. So, Pinterest offers opportunity to Businesses and Internet Marketers to grow their business. You can tag other Pinterest user in your pins it will help to grow your network, you can use @username to tag. You can pin interesting and informative videos on Pinterest. You can share videos from youtube and other videos sharing websites easily. You can create your own videos to share on Pinterest
13. Branding your business on Pinterest Set-up A New Business Account http://business.pinterest.com
14. Create Business Account
15. Next Step.. Follow 5 Boards then
16. Verify your Business Account
17. Interesting thing about Pinterest Pinterest is now the third most popular social network Pinterest was the fastest social network to hit the 10 million visitor mark Pinterest referrals spend 70% more money than visitors referred from non-social channels Call-to-action pins increase Pinterest engagement by 80% Pinterest has 85 million unique visitors each month 80% of Pinterest users are women, while 50% of all Pinterest users have children Total unique visitors to Pinterest has increased by 2,702.2% since May 2011
18. Interesting thing about Pinterest Over 80% of Pins are Repins Pinterest reached 10 million users in 1/3 of the time it took Twitter to do the same 25% of Fortune Global 100 companies are on Pinterest Over 1/5 of Facebook users are on Pinterest Pinterest attracts 1,090 visitors per minute Users spend 4.5 more time on Pinterest than Linkedin Pinterest drives more revenue per click for eCommerce sites than Facebook or Twitter.