Embed Size (px)
An overview of Pinterest, including a review of how both consumers and brands can utilize this visual bookmarking platform.
Transcript of Pinterest Overview
- Channel Overview & Brand Opportunities January 2012Contents are proprietary and confidential.
- Channel Overview Pinterest is a virtual pin board. It offers users their own pin boards to manage and collect pins of content to collect and share with their followers Pinterest allows users to sign-up via their Facebook or Twitter accounts making it easy to share and find friends in their social networks Pinterest had 4.9 million monthly unique visits in November 2011 Visitors tend to be female (58%), between 25 and 44 years old (59%) The network is currently invite-only, however it is growing very rapidly: Grown by 4,000% in past 6 months More than 1.5 million active users on Facebook and 111,798 followers on Twitter
- How-To Pin & Features Users can pin images via the When pinning, users can click on the following ways: image and be taken to the original website Tool bar bookmarklet pulls images from any site and pins Users can choose to follow some or all the site and a corresponding of other users boards in order to see thumbnail image to a pin board future pins Uploading an image from your In addition to repinning, users can computer or your mobile phone like or comment on pins using the app Users can also create shared pin Copy/paste link and select boards and assign other users to be corresponding thumbnail image admins of the board Pin It social sharing buttons on When pinning, users have the option websites (where available) of sharing their new pin on Facebook or Twitter Or by repinning items thus adding a viral aspect to the community
- How-To Pin Snapshots Pin It Bookmarklet Repinning Content Add a Pin on Pinterest Pin It Share Button
- Example Pinboards
- Pinterest Mobile App With the mobile app, users can: Explore and repin, like or comment on content Upload an image using their phone to pin See their activity, profile and users they are followingContents are proprietary and confidential.
- Consumers & Pinterest Everyday consumers utilize Pinterest to: Save decorating ideas for remodeling Plan a wedding or a party Save recipes and things they plan to cook Track clothing items they want to purchase Recipe Collection Board Showcase brands they love Remind themselves of project ideas for later Find design ideas Be inspired
- Brands & Pinterest Brands and organizations can use Pinterest to do the following: Share visual content and short videos Create a visual story for your brand Inspire customers, group members Drive traffic to digital properties Improve SEO results and search rankings Promote and grow brand ambassadors Influencer and fan content
- Example Brands on Pinterest HG TV on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/hgtv/ Stats: 7,250 followers, 271 following, 13 boards, 145 pins Incorporates their tagline of Start into each of the boards. Organizes boards by home improvement topic areas.
- Example Brands on Pinterest Betty Crocker on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/betty_crocker/ Stats: 69 followers, 68 followers, 12 boards, 84 pins Pin boards arranged by recipe type: cookies, appetizers, Game Day, cakes, comfort food, etc.