Picture books finished
Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Picture books finished
- 1. Picture Books? Essential.
2. A picture book is a book with pictures that are as important as the words. In fact, often the text does not make sense without the pictures. (Pam Krueger)
What is a Picture Book?
3. Picture books help kids develop
Picture Books help kids develop
4. Identifying Oneself
Dealing with separation anxiety
5. Appreciating Reading at a young age
Able to analyze reading
6. Respect for others
Recognition of other cultures/religions
Understand differences in cultures
Appreciate differences in cultures
7. Learn to love oneself
Teach that everyones different, but its okay
Learning to look beyond appearance
8. See things in a different way
Since many picture books can be made interactive, it makes kids think
9. Better understanding of the story
Art what kid doesnt love art.
Many have a higher reading level then chapter books, just with art added to the story.
Language: Rhythm and Rhyme
10 reasons why picture books are essential.
10. Children can get involved in the story
Able to learn cause and effect
Able to learn that a story has beginning, middle, and end
Interaction between students
Teach kids that reading can be fun at an early age
10 reasons cont.
- Schulze, Bianca.How Picture Books Play a Role in a Childs Development. The Children's Book Review, 8 Nov. 2010. Web. 26 Sept. 2011. .
12. Jalongo, Mary.Young Children and Picture Books. National Association for the Education of Young , n.d. Web. 26 Sept. 2011. . 13. Krueger, Pam.Picture books remain important. The Bismark Tribute, 9 Nov. 2010. Web. 26 Sept. 2011. . 14. Children's Literature. Pearson Education, Inc, n.d. Web. 26 Sept. 2011. .MLA Citations
- Why do Kids Need Books?. The National ChildrensBooks and Literacy Alliance, n.d.Web. 26 Sept. 2011. .
MLA Citations Cont.