Our Mobile Planet
Embed Size (px)
I aspire to paint an image of a world that is extremely interconnected, digital, and technological. My goal was to tell a compelling story - one that made you hate your smartphone, but then by the end of it you loved it more than ever before.
Transcript of Our Mobile Planet
- OUR MOBILE PLANET Michael Bozzo
- IS ETERNAL CONNECTIVITY HELPING OR HINDERING US?
- 63% of smartphone owners keep their phone with them for all but an hour of their waking day.
- A sense of being connected is the strongest motivator and spans brands, services, and media platforms.
- 79% of owners keep it with them for all but two hours of their day.
- We are growing increasingly more addicted to our mobile devices.
- 1 in 4 of smartphone owners ages 18 to 44 say they cannot recall the last time their smartphone was not next to them.
- Can you recall the last time your phone was NOT within earshot?
- 4 out of 5 smartphone owners check their phone within 15 minutes of waking up.
- What do you do when you first wake up?
- We expect more from technology and less from each other. - Sherry Turkle
- Humans have a universal need to connect with others, especially those they care deeply about.
- Our smartphones are critical tools for connecting with friends, family, and colleagues everyday.
- 63% of people ages 18 to 29 said their smartphone made it easier to plan and schedule their daily routine.
- Our smartphones give us access to unlimited information at our convenience.
- Convenience drives consumer productivity at work and at home.
- 25% of people ages 18 to 29 also said their smartphone made it harder to forget about work at home and on the weekends.
- Is eternal connectivity really helping us?
- The more we use our phones to connect, the more value is delivered to us. The answer is yes.
- Our perceived value makes our phones and applications stickier, which in turn encourages even more use. IDC Research Report
- Mobile + Social = Connectedness Connectedness allows us to be more efficient and current.
- We are Always Connected
- Connectedness leads to Productivity: Calendar 34%, Email 27%, Text 16% Calendar Email Text Other
- Thus, smartphones lead to a better, more efficient life