Open House -2015 Benvenuti alle nostre classi d’italiano.
Transcript of Open House -2015 Benvenuti alle nostre classi d’italiano.
Italiano 1 for Spanish
Speakers• Italian 1 for Spanish
Speakers will have studied Chapters 1- 9 in Oggi in Italia.
• Greetings, every day vocabulary
• Present tense and simple past
• Culture and geography• Our project for Italian 1a
was the regions of Italy.
Italiano 2• Italian 2 did a complete review
of Chapters 1-8 in Oggi in Italia
• Since November, we are continuing with chapters 9-14
• Grammar is more complex• Vocabulary is more extensive• Students are listening to more
advanced conversations.• Students completed projects
on Italian designers
Italian 3 • Complete grammar review
using Ponti, Avventure in Città, and Workbook Italiano and new Italian texts
• Listening to complex, real life conversations
• Semester 2 project: Italian Artists, composers or singers.
• Field trips to 3 Italian operas• Ecourate your students to
take AP Italian.
Italiano AP• Italian AP was re-instated in
2012• Students used all Italian texts
donated by the Italian Government
• AP exam follows ACTFL standards and Common Core expectations
• Students who register with Marymount California University will receive California UC and Cal State college credit for Marymount class
• Those who take and pass the exam get national college credit
New CA World Language’s Standards
• Stage I (Formulaic), learners understand and produce signs, words, and phrases.
• Stage II (Created), learners understand and produce sentences and strings of sentences.
• Stage III (Planned), learners understand and produce paragraphs and strings of paragraphs.
• Stage IV (Extended), learners understand and produce cohesive texts composed of multiple paragraphs.
• Complete Standards are on the San Pedro Website
How to help your student do his/her best
• Check Jupitergrades regularly for most recent grades and assignments
• Check the San Pedro website for HW assignments and for general announcements about class events and projects
• Encourage your student to use the web links for extra credit quizzes and to listen to and practice their language
• Ask them what they learned today• Ask them to teach you some Italian
Next year’s schedule• Next year we will continue on an alternating eight period
blocks• All students will have eight class: 1,3,5,7 and then 2,4,6,81. 9th, 10th and 11th graders must take their A-G required
subjects and pass with a C or better2. Students should ask their counselors for an advisory class
so they have time to do HW during the school day.3. There will be CAHSEE prep class to insure that they pass
CAHSEE the first time 4. There will be more AP classes offered, including AP Italian5. There is now a School for Advanced Studied here at San
Pedro so call the counseling office for more information