Online dating tips for men
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Online dating tips for men
- 1. Back to Basics: Online Dating Tips for Men
- 2. Let's face it, we've all considered online dating at one point or another during our stretches of being 'single'. There's no shame in it either. The stigma attached to online dating has faded and it's become a lot more acceptable and popular. Did you know that 1 in 5 relationships now begin online? People are busy and the internet provides a great vehicle to reach out and meet people before giving up an evening and plunging into a first date. It's also a lot easier to meet people that have similar interests and fit your image of an ideal partner.
- 3. So why are so many men getting things wrong? Well, for starters, online dating certainly has a learning curve and unless you take your time getting to know how things work you may find yourself struggling.
- 4. Start by focusing your efforts on just one or two sites. Don't sign up to more than two initially. Online dating sites can vary hugely in how they operate and it's not always a case of just creating a profile and then sitting back and watching things happen. They'll vary in how they display your information, how you search for matches and even what kind of people you'll meet on there. So do you research, as around and pick a couple to stick with and 'figure out'.
- 5. You should then focus on writing your profile. You can write the same profile for any dating sites you use but bear in mind that each one is slightly different with a different 'feel' so you may want to make some amendments. This is actually were most men trip up! Rather than list a load of likes and dislikes, why not try gaining the reader's interest a little bit? Treat your profile like a piece of narrative rather than a checklist, and describe your life - your hobbies, your interests, your childhood - and write a little about each. Give your profile a little colour and don't be afraid to make it personal and 'quirky'.
- 6. The other main thing to remember is originality. Do not send 'blanket' emails to women on dating sites - it doesn't work. You need to take the time to search for a potential match and then reach out to them as individuals, perhaps referring to something in their profile and asking them if they'd like to connect. Don't fire out the same email to hundreds of different members hoping to get some response, chances are the response will be just as empty and generic as the message you sent out!
- 7. Resources: http://sexshop3d.com/blog/ http://ezinearticles.com/?Back-to-Basics:- Online-Dating-Tips-for-Men&id=8473561
- 8. Thank you for reading!