Norms: things we do not know we donâ€™t know
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Norms: things we do not know we donâ€™t know
- 1. Norms: things wedo not know wedont knowMathias Klang @klang67
- 2. The message is that there are no knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to saythere are things that we now know we dont know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we dont know. Donald Rumsfeld (2002)
- 3. My unknown
- 4. Prenskys Myth
- 5. A problem with Prensky
- 6. Orientalism and the outsider
- 7. Insiders can also be wrong
- 8. Faking it, or goingnative?
- 9. Implementation: Our study
- 10. What cannot beexpressed in onlineclosed groupmourning?
- 11. Traditionalmethodologies
- 12. Cultural relativism
- 13. Moral relativism
- 14. This new new thing
- 15. UnashamedlyNormative Me
- 16. Technology supporting orcreating norms
- 17. Critical infrastructure
- 18. What users need?
- 19. Snapshot! oruniversalism?
- 20. Mathias Klang firstname.lastname@example.org or @klang67 www.digital-rights.netImage & licensing info in the notes section of slides. Images at www.flickr.com (or specifically stated). This ppt licensed: Creative Commons BY-NC-SA Download presentation www.slideshare.net/klang