Embed Size (px)
More than %50 of U.S 21-year-olds have created content on the web. Change is not the name for Obama's campaign. It's inevitable and this time it's coming for newspapers.
Transcript of Newspaper Readershift
- in august 2006, faculty of arapahoe high school in centennial, colorado gathered for a presentation with interesting facts lets take a look at some of these facts, and think about the implications for the newspaper industry, the facts indicate that many of todays college majors didnt exist 10 years ago. todays u.s 21-year-olds have played more than 10,000 hours of video games. and talked 10,000 hours on the phone. theyve sent or received 250,000 e-mails or instant messages. more than %50 of u.s 21-year-olds have created content on the web. more than %70 of u.s 4-year-olds have used a computer. according to the u.s census bureau. world population has doubled in the last 50 years and growing. number of internet devices is growing too, drastically. the number newspaper circulation has reached 520 million. the number of internet devices has reached 600 million. there are more internet devices than daily newspapers. bulentkeles.com future of the newspaper industry series newspaper readershift
- if youre not any of the following skip to the last page news publisher news manager news editor news marketer just interested in this presentation
- in august 2006
- faculty of arapahoe high school in centennial, colorado
- gathered for a presentation with interesting facts
- lets take a look at some of these facts
- and think about the implications for the newspaper industry
- the facts indicate that
- many of todays college majors didnt exist 10 years ago
- todays 21-year-olds have played 10,000 hours of video games
- and talked 10,000 hours on the phone
- theyve sent or received 250,000 e-mails or instant messages
- more than %50 of u.s. 21-year-olds have created content on the web
- wait a minute!
- since when do regular fellas create content?
- and share with the masses?
- isnt this the papers job?
- more than %70 of u.s. 4-year-olds have used a computer
- according to u.s census bureau
- world population has doubled in the last 50 years and growing
- and so is the number of internet devices
- number of internet devices in 1984 1,000 in 1992 1,000,000 in 2006 600,000,000
- currently there are more internet devices than newspapers
- and the number is growing every day
- call it generation x, y, z, whatever, but
- the reader is shifting
- news consumption has become a whole new experience
- its a new world
- and a new consumer
- better lighten up
- coming up next newspapers gone digital also see grateful to newspapers
- thank you follow me on twitter: bulentkeles | linkedin: bulentkeles | blog: bulentkeles.com