Embed Size (px)
Transcript of New illusions
- 1.Goals:Optical Illusion Art
- Understand and discuss what is an illusion and analyze different types of visual illusions.
- Demonstrate your ability to draw a variety of different illusions.
- Produce an illusion drawing using a pencil and black Indian ink and/or colored pencils.
- Show your illusion art to the student body.
2. What is an Illusion?
- illusion( -l zh n )noun
- illusions that deceive the human visual system into perceiving something that is not present or incorrectly perceiving what is present.
3. The Human brain put images together because it has learned to expect things; sometimes the data might get a little confused.We may see an illusion because we know what we are expected to see, even though part of a picture or design may not be completely there. The basis of this is in how we perceive things. 4. OPTICAL ILLUSIONS... 5. 6.
- This is theBunny/Duck illusion .At first glance, what do you see?Now give it some time, but do not focus on one certain area, and then ask Yourself; what do I
- really see? Now, look again.You might be surprised!!!!!!
- Is this man playing a sax, or is there something more
8. Looks like President Clinton and Vice President Gore, right? Wrong... It's Clinton's face twice, with two different haircuts. What do you see? 9.
- Do you see somesquares or rectangles ?Really, this is nothing more than a bunch of lines going in every which direction, but the way our mind interprets these lines are totally different!!
- At first glance, what do you see--Could it be the word"liar"or is it something more.I would definitely give this one a second look!
- This is probably the most famous illusion of all time!Almost everyone has seen
- it! What do you see at your first glance of this illusion!Do you see an old lady, or do you see a young women?They are both there!!
- This is probably the hardest illusion that I have ever seen, and I have to say my personal favorite!!! When you first look at this, do you see and old man
- with ivy leaves around him, or do you see a couple kissing?Be patient and give it some time!! You will eventually see it
- Do the sides of the square appear to be bent in? Wait, now that is Impossible!
- Believe it or not, they are as straight as they come.If you do not believe me,
- take a straight edge and see for yourself!!!
- How many ways can you view this cube?Is the blue side outside the box or is it inside? Is it on the back of the box of is it on the side? Examine this cube closely, and let the light blue side guide you!
- When you look at this, you probably see atriangle .There is not one there!The way the circle parts are cut out, make us think there is a triangle there even though there isnt any!
- Are the diagonals parallel?You bet they are!
- I have heard this illusion called thedancing elephantand several other things.I want you to look at the elephants feet and legs.How many are actually there?
- When you first read this, what does it say?
- A Bird In The Bush ?
- If you read this more carefully you will find that it saysA Bird In The The Bush !!!
21. THE END 22. Student Examples: Optical Illusions 23. 24. 25. 26. The Assignment:Optical Art