NEW HAMPSHIRE STATE COURT CATHOLIC DAUGHTERS OF · PDF file NEW HAMPSHIRE STATE COURT CATHOLIC...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of NEW HAMPSHIRE STATE COURT CATHOLIC DAUGHTERS OF · PDF file NEW HAMPSHIRE STATE COURT CATHOLIC...
NEW HAMPSHIRE STATE COURT
OF THE AMERICAS
April 20-21, 2013
Indian Head Resort
Lincoln, New Hampshire
NEW HAMPSHIRE STATE OFFICERS
2011 - 2013
State Regent Linda Bergeron
State Chaplain Rev. Joseph M. Cooper
National Director Arline Rich
First Vice Regent Ann Skahan
Second Vice Regent Jane Powers
State Treasurer Elaine Bean
State Secretary Adele Boeske
Immediate Past State Regent Cynthia Garside
Parliamentarian Judy Smith
CONVENTION COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS
CREDENTIALS Lin Schimel, Chairman; Ronnie Phillips; Tammy Zmuda; and Advisor Adele Boeske
STANDING RULES Jane Powers, Chairman; Natalie Shaw; Maureen Sadd and Advisor Arline Rich RESOLUTIONS Donna Cunningham; Claudette Flora; Jo Johnson, Chairman; and Advisor Ann Skahan ELECTIONS Ann Skahan, Chairman; Peggy LaPointe; Fran Sylvia; and Advisor Arline Rich
COURTESY Court Bellefleur #1208, Littleton
APPROVAL OF MINUTES Kathy Moulis, Chairman; Karen Krueger; Mary Ann Saunders; and Advisor Elaine Bean
TIME KEEPERS Cyndi Sieracki; and Yollande Ling
ASSISTANT TO THE SECRETARY
SATURDAY, APRIL 20, 2013
8:00 – 9:30 Continental Breakfast and Registration
9:30 - 9:45 Seating of Delegates, Alternates, National Officers,
State Officers, and Guests
9:45 Call to Order
Opening Prayer Jane Powers, State 2nd Vice Regent
Posting of Colors American Legion
Pledge of Allegiance
Linda Bergeron, State Regent
Natalie Shaw, Regent, Court Bellefleur #1208
Arline Rich, National Director
Appointment of Committees
Credentials Report by Lin Schimel, Chairman
Report of Standing Rules by Jane Powers, Chairman
Nominating Committee Report by Pat Larkin, Chairman
Nominations for State Office from the Floor
Nominations for the 2015 Nominating Committee
11:15 Presentation by Gayle Marcotte
12:30 Buffet Lunch
Credential Report by Lin Schimel, Chairman
Reading of Communications
Reports of State Officers
Report of the Finance Committee
3:00 Roll Call and Voting
3:45 Reports by Circle of Love Committee Chairmen
4:15 Reports of Court Regents
4:30 Arline Rich, National Director
Closing Prayer by Donna Cunningham
7:45 County Store with
Jane Powers as Hostess
8:45 Vespers by
Fr. Shawn Therrien
St. Mary’s Parish, Claremont
SUNDAY, MAY 22, 2011
Breakfast on your own
10:00 Installation Mass at
St. Joseph’s Church, Lincoln, NH.
11:45 Seating for Awards Luncheon
Court Bellefleur #1208 Raffle Drawing
12:30 Awards Luncheon
The following Standing Rules of order shall apply to this 43nd State
1. The seating arrangement for the business meetings shall include the State Officers, the Immediate Past State Regent, the National Supervisor, the State Chaplain, the Parliamentarian, and any invited guests.
2. Delegates shall be seated in the area reserved for each Court.
3. Alternates may be seated in place of Delegates ONLY if illness or some serious reason prevents a Delegate from attending. This must be reported to the Credentials Chairman for a correction of badges.
4. Alternates and visitors will not be seated with the Delegates. A different seating area will be provided for them.
5. The credentials' Chairman shall report at the opening meeting of this convention to determine if a quorum is present.
MOTIONS AND DISCUSSION
1. Only members of the VOTING BODY may introduce and second motions.
2. To be recognized by the CHAIR, a Regent, or in her absence the Vice Regent, or in the absence of the Vice Regent, a Court Representative, must STAND, GIVE HER NAME, COURT AND TITLE very clearly, and then WAIT FOR RECOGNITION before proposing a. motion or speaking from the floor in debate.
3. In debate, the speaker shall state whether she is speaking in FAVOR or AGAINST the motion, then proceed with the discussion.
4. Debate on a motion shall be limited to TWO (2) MINUTES for each speaker. Additional time may be granted by General Consent taken by the presiding officer. If there is objection to the General Consent, a vote MUST BE TAKEN, and a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the voting body shall be required to grant the additional time.
5. No member shall speak a SECOND TIME on the same subject, until all others have had a chance TO SPEAK.
6. A timekeeper's responsibility will be to issue each speaker a thirty (30) second warning before the expiration of time allowed.
7. Discussion on any issue shall be limited to TWENTY (20) MINUTES.
8. Members of the Clergy and Non-Voting Delegates may enter into discussion, but may not vote on the question.
1. Nominees from the floor must submit to the Regent a statement of endorsement by the Local Court of the candidate and a written consent to serve prior to convening of the first meeting of the Convention. The member presenting a candidate for office shall give a (1) one minute qualification speech.
2. In the event that a nomination is not forthcoming from the floor for a vacant (open) office, the newly elected State Board shall fill that position.
3. Nominations from the floor for the Nomination Committee will be by roll call of the courts. Election of State Officers and member of the Nominating Committee shall be made by ballot.
1. The host court and state court only may have fund-raising projects during the State Convention.
2. During the convention business meetings, all cellular phones and pagers will be turned to a silent mode.
CATHOLIC DAUGHTERS PRAYER
Fill us Lord, with the warm and serene
beams of Your light,
to guide our steps in Your way.
Grant us the strength and vitality
of Your own life within us,
that we may accomplish well
the mission you have given us
As Catholic Daughters of the Americas.
We ask for the depth and energy of
Your love to help us seek a set of strong values,
To touch each person You send into our lives
Who need Your caring presence.
Keep us faithful
To the motto or Our Order,
"Unity and Charity,"
and faithful to the Light, Life and Love
given us through Your Church,
that we may serve You
and the members of
Your Mystical Body, generously.
May Your light shine from us,
and Your love animate us,
In all our endeavors.
Bookstore compliments of Court Bellefleur #1208
Country Auction coordinated by
Jane Powers, 2nd State Vice Regent
Court Bellefleur Raffle tickets available