Narrative Writing - Student Copy
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Narrative Writing - Student Copy
- 1. Happy Primary School English Department Primary 5 2008 STUDENT COPY
- 2. A Narrative Essay tells a _______. It has _________ , _________ , and _________ . The characters, the setting, and the problem of the narrative are usually introduced in the beginning. The problem reaches its high point in the middle. The ending resolves the problem.
- 3. The purpose of this type of writing is to ___________________________________ or to ___________________ ____________________________.
- 4. 1. __________ 2. __________ 3. __________
- 6. This ________________, creating a visual picture of the setting, atmosphere and time of the story.____________________ and clues are set in place for the coming complication. 1) B________ / O_________
- 7. States a _________________and clues are set in place for the coming complication . 2) E________
- 8. This is where a problem or complication occurs that affects the s______, t____ or c_________. 3) P________ / C___________
- 9. The _________________ and the story ends. 4) R__________ / E________
- 10. There may be a ________________ at the end of the story. 5) M______ / C______
- 12. In this case, the character speaks directly to the reader, who knows everything the character chooses to reveal.E.g.____. This is a useful point of view to adopt if the author wishes to reveal thoughts and feelings in an intimate way. The disadvantage for the reader is that he or she only knows about the events of the story from one point of view.
- 13. In this case the writer knows everything there is to know about the characters.E.g.____ ,_____, _____ . She or he can see inside their minds and knows what they are thinking and feeling.
- 14. The writer should: Use_________ , _________, ________, suspense, humour, or ________ to create a central theme or impression. The details all work together to develop an identifiable story line that is easy to follow
- 15. THE END!