Myrtle Beach Vacation Rentals
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Myrtle Beach Vacation Rentals
$ Priceless $
Vacation Rentals Mag
a Vacation Homeaway FRom HomeReconnect witH natuRePlan a tRiP to a national PaRk
tiPs to sucessFully get you wHeRe you need to be Fast
ts how to cash in on ression-driven travel deals 11a vacation hoMe away froM hoMe 15
warM weather relaxing or Playing in the snow? 19
the best tiMe to rediscover a destination 24
reconnect with nature: Plan a triP to a national Park 28
charlestons office of cultural affairs launches new website 33
a retireMent hoMe that helPs Pay for itself 36
signature golf 39
tiPs to sucessfully get you where you need to be fast 44
setting and sticking to your travel budget 48
need an easy getaway for the faMily 52
bookMark your favorite road 56
business or leisure, driving or flying travel safely naturally 59
PrePare your vehicle for hurrican evacuation 65
direct dePosit of social security is easier for winter travelers 69
tiMe to refinance or buy 73
easy-to-do Maintenance helPs extend vehicle life 76
Promoting local business is as simple as having other companys business cards or brochures posted on a board in your store. we are doing our part, so please join us, and promote your local merchants, and everyone will benefit!
toP ten Reasons to tHink localbuy local - be local HelP local businesses
1. buy local: support yourself and downtown. Many studies have revealed when you buy from an independent, locally owned business in the your own area, rather than a nationally owned businesses, considerably more of your money is used to make purchases from other local businesses. local businesses continue to strengthen the economic base of the local community. these include case studies showing that local local owned businesses generate a premium in enhanced economic impact to the community and our tax base.
2.suPPoRt local aRea community gRouPs: non-profit organizations receive an average 250% more support from smaller area business owners than they do from large companies.
3. keeP youR aRea unique: where we shop, where we eat and have fun -- all of it makes our community home. our one-of-a-kind local businesses are an integral part of the distinctive character. local tourism businesses also benefit. when people go on vacation they generally seek out destinations that offer them the sense of being someplace, not just anyplace. ~ richard Moe, President, national historic Preservation trust.
4. Reduce enViRonmental imPact: locally owned businesses in your area can make more local purchases requiring less transportation. this generally means contributing less to sprawl, congestion, habitat loss and pollution.
5. cReate additional Jobs: small local businesses are the largest employer nationally and in the community, provide the most jobs to local residents.
6. ReceiVe betteR seRVice: local businesses often hire people with a better understanding of the products and services they offer, and take more time to get to know customers.
7.inVest in youR community: local businesses are owned by people who live in this community, and they are less likely to leave, and are more invested in the communitys future.
8. Put youR taxes to good use: local businesses require a relatively little infrastructure investment and make more efficient use of public services as compared to nationally owned stores entering your area.
FRom tHe editoRSupporting LocaL Vacation BuSineSSeS in South caroLina
www.vacationrentals.sc online Magazine | 2009 5
9. buy wHat you want, not wHat big adVeRtising budgets want you to buy: a south carolina marketplace comprised of tens of thousands of small businesses is the best way to ensure innovation and low prices over the long-term. a multitude of small businesses, each selecting products and services based not on a national sales plan but on their own interests and the needs of their local customers, promises a much broader range of product choices.
10. PRomote local PRosPeRity: an escalating body of economic research shows that in an increasingly homogenized world, entrepreneurs and skilled workers are more likely to invest and settle in communities that preserve their one-of-a-kind businesses and distinctive character.
larry localeditor in chief
www.vacationrentals.sc online Magazine | 2009 6
www.vacationrentals.sc online Magazine | 2009 7
ceo dennis stewart
editoR in cHieFlarry local
aRt diRectoRamy coats
web deVeloPeR Matthew coats
administRation & maRketingshaun stacy
www.VacationRentals.sc online magaZinecopyright 2009carolina Media services. all rights reserved. reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. not responsible for unsolicited manuscripts or photographs.
3290 ashley Phosphate road charleston, sc 29418toll free: (843)720-9604fax: (843)firstname.lastname@example.org www.vacationsreantal.sc
carolina media SERVICES
carolina media SERVICES
Vacation Rentals Mag
How to casH in on Recession-dRiVen tRaVel deals(ara) - travelers are finding the silver lining of the current economic climate is the availability of some incredible travel values. hotel, airfare and vacation package prices are all down significantly from last year, helping to make travel more affordable than it has been in years.
you can spend the same amount and get more - for example, choosing to extend a vacation or trading up your hotel choice - or you can pocket the savings.
with a little planning, even the most budget-conscious can find affordable trips this fall and winter. tim Macdonald, general manager of expedia.com, offers some advice for ways to get the most value out of your next vacation:
Plan aHead and book witH conFidencein many cases, scheduling travel in advance helps you secure the lowest airfare and hotel rates. though theres always a chance for last-minute sales, waiting could
increase the likelihood that you will pay higher
prices. this frequently happens during peak times, like the winter holidays, when there are fewer options for flights and hotel rooms.
while airlines and hotels may charge penalties, expedia.com has eliminated change and cancel fees for hotels, cruises, car rental and most flight reservations. with fewer change and cancel fees to worry about, travelers have the flexibility they need to book in advance with confidence.
book togetHeR booking airfare and hotel accommodations at the same time not only simplifies the vacation planning process, but also can help substantially reduce the overall costs of vacation travel.
booking travel together is one of the easiest ways to save money and get the most value when planning a trip. thats because when you bundle your air travel and hotel together and book them at the same time, expedia.com is able to pass substantial savings onto
you, says Macdonald. last year expedia.com customers saved $248 million by
booking their air travel and hotels together.
tRade uPalthough some people may be looking to scale back travel plans or follow a vacation budget more closely than in the past, for others there are opportunities to get more for their money this year. for roughly the price of a three-star hotel stay last year, travelers can now book at a four-star hotel. in fact, the average daily rate of a four-star hotel is $143 per night, 22 percent lower than the average for 2008.
were seeing incredible values for luxury hotel prop-erties this year, says Macdonald. for some travelers, this may be their chance to stretch their dollars and upgrade to hotels that have previously been out of their price range.
be Flexible and tRy sometHing new take time to look for current travel deals to help choose a vacation destination. look for exclusive special values and promotional rates to popular destinations including Mexico, las vegas, new york city and hawaii, as well as deals on all-inclusive resorts and cruises. all-inclusive options have always been good values because they include meals and many activities in the upfront price. whats more, this year the average daily rates for all-inclusive properties are even lower than last year - for instance, average daily rates for all-inclusive resorts in the bahamas are 16 percent lower this year from last year.
ReseaRcH actiVities in adVance sticking to a travel budget can sometimes be difficult when factoring in activities, so be sure to research activities and attractions before your trip to identify these costs in advance. in addition, booking activities in advance ensures you wont miss out on attractions, events and activities that sell out. virtually all vacation destinations also offer inexpensive and free attractions, like city parks, cultural festivals and museums. taking advantage of a mix of free and paid activities can help you get the most out of your vacation for a reasonable price.
know beFoRe you gothoroughly researching vacation destinations including available public transportation or local tipping customs (if traveling outside the u.s.) can help avoid any unexpected costs. you may be able to avoid the expense of a rental car by identifying public transportation options or by selecting a hotel that provides free transportation. if you do need a a rental car, make your reservation early, and consider adding it to a flight or hotel booking to help secure the best price. in fact, adding a rental car to your air travel or hotel booking could mean savings of up to 30 percent off typical prices.
tHe woRld is a book & tHose wHo do not tRaVelRead only one Page