Mercedes ahead of bmw and audi in social buzz
Embed Size (px)
To understand and analyze the social media awareness of BMW with respect to its competitors.
Transcript of Mercedes ahead of bmw and audi in social buzz
- MERCEDES AHEAD OF BMW AND AUDI IN SOCIAL BUZZ Social media conversation Analysis of BMW and its competitors SIMPLIFY360 RESEARCH Source: http://img.wallpaperstock.net:81/2012-bmw-7-series-duo-wallpapers_33639_1920x1440.jpg
- ABOUT THE RESEARCH To understand and analyze the social media awareness of BMW with respect to its competitors To understand the demographics of people talking about BMW, AUDI and Mercedes-Benz Competitive social media engagement analysis of BMW TABLE OF CONTENTS COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE OF BMW vCOMPETITIVE ANALYSIS OF BMW: SOCIAL MEDIA BUZZ SHARE OF BRANDS BUZZ TREND ANALYSIS DEMOGRAPHIC ANALYSIS vANALYSIS OF ENGAGEMENT: SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNEL ANALYTICS ANALYSIS OF SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCE FACEBOOK ANALYTICS TWITTER ANALYTICS vRECOMMENDATIONS COMPETITORS CONSIDERED: Social media chatter around BMW, AUDI and MERCEDES-BENZ were monitored from March 28 to July 18,2013 A total of 6.1 MILLION conversations were tracked globally for the analysis
- WHAT WEVE FOUND.. Mercedes Benz and BMW dominates in terms of social media awareness compared to Audi. Most of the buzz was from men with the age range of 13-30. Most of the conversations on these brands (BMW, AUDI and MERCEDES-BENZ) originated from United States, Russia, Indonesia and United Kingdom. BMW has good following in most of the social media platforms compared to its competitors, while it lags behind its competitors in Twitter and Pinterest engagement. BMW leads in terms of overall Facebook activity compared to its competitors, it lags behind its competitors in percentage engagement with its fans Audi dominates in terms of Twitter followers. Audi received more mentions and retweets from women SIMPLIFY360 RESEARCH
- ILLUSTRATIVE BUZZ SHARE OF BRANDS 34% 31% 35% Source: Simplify360 Social Matrix, March 28 to July 18,2013!
- ILLUSTRATIVE MERCEDES BENZ AND BMW DOMINATES IN TERMS OF SOCIAL MEDIA AWARENESS COMPARED TO AUDI 0 50 100 150 200 Mar 28 - Apr 3 Apr 4 - Apr 10 Apr 11 - Apr 17 Apr 18 - Apr 24 Apr 25 - May 1 May 2 to May 8 May 9 to May 15 May 16 to May 22 May 23 to May 29 May 30 to June 5 June 6 to June 12 June 13 to June 19 June 20 to June 26 June 27 to July 3 July 4 - July 10 July 11- July 18 Thousands BMW AUDI MERCEDES BENZ Increased conversations from people on BMWs recall of 220,000 cars globally for faulty passenger air bag Conversations on people sharing update on Audi winning the 24 Hours of Le Mans for the fourth straight year BMW 2.09MILLION AUDI 1.91 MILLION MERCEDES BENZ 2.13MILLION People on social media were highly active talking about the automobile brands and love to share updates and their experiences on the industry/brands. Example: A lot of good new technology in the e- class of Mercedes-Benz, however its outdated pedal operated hand brake really lets it down. Why address other areas with extra technology before fixing this basic issue replied a user to the news update on Mercedes-Benz rolling out a revamped E-Class line
- ILLUSTRATIVE UNDERSTANDING THE AUDIENCE BRAND BUZZ BY GENDER BUZZ BY AGE BMW AUDI MERCEDES-BENZ 69.6% 30.4% 67.0% 33.0% 22% 47% 16% 15% 13-20 21-30 31-40 40+ 34% 24% 25% 17% 13-20 21-30 31-40 40+ 20% 26% 25% 29% 13-20 21-30 31-40 40+ 70.4% 29.6% BMW AUDI MERCEDES-BENZ United States United States United States Russia Indonesia United Kingdom Japan United Kingdom Russia ANALYSIS OF BUZZ LOCATION: TOP 3 REGIONS Most of the conversations about the Luxury car maker brands was from men in the age range of 13-30. Most of the conversations on these brands was from United States, Russia, Indonesia and United Kingdom Source: Simplify360 Social Matrix, March 28 to July 18,2013!
- ILLUSTRATIVE SOCIAL BUZZ ACROSS DIFFERENT REGIONS 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% 70% 80% 90% 100% BMW AUDI MERCEDES-BENZ Source: Simplify360 Social Matrix, March 28 to July 18,2013! The regions are ordered in terms of their highest buzz share from left to right!
- ANALYSIS ON SOCIAL MEDIA ENGAGEMENT BMW AUDI MERCEDES-BENZ
- ILLUSTRATIVE BMW HAS GOOD FOLLOWING IN MOST OF THE PLATFORMS COMPARED TO ITS COMPETITORS BMWS PRESENCE ON TWITTER LAGS MUCH BEHIND ITS COMPETITORS BRAND NAME FACEBOOK TWITTER GOOGLE+ LINKEDIN YOUTUBE PINTEREST INSTAGRAM BMW YES YES YES YES YES YES YES AUDI YES YES YES YES YES YES YES MERCEDES-BENZ YES YES YES YES YES YES YES BRAND NAME FACEBOOK PAGE FANS TWITTER FOLLOWERS GOOGLE+ FOLLOWERS LINKEDIN FOLLOWERS YOUTUBE SUBSCRIBERS PINTEREST FOLLOWERS INSTAGRAM FOLLOWERS BMW 14,025,909 46,182 3,698,041 110,110 240,554 48 397,044 AUDI 7,103,575 383,812 1,855,436 47,012 44,334 2,115 484,301 MERCEDES-BENZ 10,701,913 135,889 3,297,694 34,140 25,745 3,131 325,201 SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCE OF LUXURY CAR MAKERS ON SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS ANALYSIS ON SOCIAL MEDIA POPULARITY OF LUXURY CAR MAKERS ON SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS Note: BMW USA Twitter profile is considered for analysis
- FACEBOOK PAGE ENGAGEMENT ANALYSIS BMW AUDI MERCEDES-BENZ
- ILLUSTRATIVE WHILE BMW LEADS IN TERMS OF FACEBOOK ACTIVITY COMPARED TO ITS COMPETITORS, IT LAGS BEHIND IN TERMS OF PERCENTAGE ENGAGEMENT WITH ITS FANS BMW AUDI MERCEDES -BENZ 0 30,000 60,000 90,000 1,20,000 1,50,000 1,80,000 2,10,000 2,40,000 2,70,000 3,00,000 3,30,000 0 50,00,000 1,00,00,000 1,50,00,000 No.ofpeopletalking No. of Fans/Likes OVERALL FACEBOOK PAGE ACTIVITY DATA AS ON JULY 18, 2013 BMW clearly leads in terms of Facebook page activity followed by Mercedes-Benz and Audi. However, Its very important for a brand to engage with the its existing fans and to continue growing the current fan base. Having many fans with out engaging them might result in a decreasing Facebook engagement rate. 6% of fans were engaged on Mercedes-Benz Facebook page followed by 5% and 4% of fan engagement on Audi USA and BMWs Facebook page respectively BUBBLE SIZE REPRESENTS FACEBOOK ENGAGEMENT RATE PERCENTAGE
- ILLUSTRATIVE FACEBOOK PAGE OF MERCEDES BENZ LEADS IN TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT COMPARED TO BMW Source: Simplify360 Social Matrix, July 1 to July 15, 2013! FACEBOOK PAGE ENGAGEMENT COMPARISION
- ILLUSTRATIVE BMW HAS HIGH RESPONSE RATE PERCENTAGE COMPARED TO ITS COMPETITORS MERCEDES BENZ HAS MORE PERCENTAGE OF COMMENTS AND SHARES IN ITS OVERALL ACTIVITY PERCENTAGE OF LIKES, SHARES AND COMMENTS GENERAL RESPONSE RATE FOR USER POSTS Source: Simplify360 Social Matrix, July 1 to July 15, 2013!
- ILLUSTRATIVE AUDI HAS HIGHER AVERAGE NUMBER OF LIKES PER POST FOLLOWED BY BMW AND MERCEDES- BENZ Source: Simplify360 Social Matrix, July 1 to July 15, 2013! FAN PAGE ENGAGEMENT COMPARISON OVER TIME AVERAGE RESPONSE PER POST
- TWITTER PAGE ENGAGEMENT ANALYSIS BMW AUDI MERCEDES-BENZ
- ILLUSTRATIVE AUDI DOMINATES IN TERMS OF TWITTER FOLLOWERS BMWUSA SHOULD CONDUCT SOME CONTESTS TO ENHANCE ITS TWITTER FOLLOWERS Source: Simplify360 Social Matrix, July 9 to July 16, 2013! FOLLOWERS TREND ON TWITTER KLOUT SCORE
- ILLUSTRATIVE TREND ON TWEETS SENT BY MERCEDES-BENZ AND AUDI IS ON THE RISE TREND ON TWEETS SENT Source: Simplify360 Social Matrix, July 9 to July 16, 2013! * Represents the total number of tweets sent by each brand till now" STATUS COUNT*
- ILLUSTRATIVE WHO ARE THE PEOPLE MENTIONING AND RETWEETING? GENDER DISTRIBUTION - PEOPLE RETWEETING GENDER DISTRIBUTION - PEOPLE MENTIONING Source: Simplify360 Social Matrix, July 9 to July 16, 2013!
- APPENDIX About Simplify360
- ABOUT SIMPLIFY360 Simplify360, is a leading social business intelligence firm and is the worlds first integrated enterprise solutions provider; our latest offerings are Social Marketing Suite for agencies, Social Contact Center for BPOs and Social Command Center for Enterprises. We enable businesses to perform Online Reputation Management, Customer Service, Community Management, Social Media Research & Brand Auditing; Online Sales Lead Generation, and Consumer Sentiment Analysis.
- THANK YOU Simplify360 For more information about the product, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org US: 512-539-0360 India: +91 80 40971130