Medical tourism & the boomer for older adults markets
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Medical tourism & the boomer for older adults markets
- 1. Medical Tourism and the Boomer and Older Adult Markets
6 Cedar Ridge Rd.
Lebanon, NJ 08833
2. Longevity & Medical Tourism
The fastest growing segment of the population:
Those over the age of 100Centenarians
Of every person who has lived to be 65 from the beginning of recorded history, two-thirds are alive today.
The life expectancy in 1900 was 47 years
3. Aging & Medical Tourism
4. Boomers Will Strain the US Healthcare System
- Boomers are increasingly engaged in their own healthcare.Edelman Report, 2010.
5. Boomers cannot afford US healthcare.The American Health Association released a report in 2007 entitled, When Im 64: How Boomers Will Change Healthcare. 6. Boomers will require extensive treatment:six out of every ten Baby Boomers will be dealing with more than one chronic condition; more than one out of every three will be obese; and one out of four will be living with diabetes. 7. Boomers will account for four out of ten of the one billion doctor visits by 2020. 8. Boomers will increasingly retire abroad.