Maximizing Effectiveness, Efficiency, and Staff Satisfaction: Real Possibility or Pie in the Sky? -...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Maximizing Effectiveness, Efficiency, and Staff Satisfaction: Real Possibility or Pie in the Sky? -...
- 1. ,F"'Maximizing Efciency,.z! .. "iit E 1 ft Q-1 Effectiveness, , ,,W,H i 66? Staff Engagement: [J Pie in the Sky or Real Possibility?[.7] . .| .2: F- v- K25 Dr.Sarah Thompson.C. Psych. Ryerson,CSDC
- 2. Maximizing Eiciency,Effectiveness,66 Staff Engagement: Pie in the Sky or Real Possibility?Dr.Sarah Thompson,C. Psych.Ryerson,CSDC
- 3. Context Moderate to large institution in an urban setting:40,000 students;15 FTE counsellors;internsDecentralized-centralized model:Central hub and 1] spoke ofces spread over 7faculty and 2 departmentsUnion environment with permanent positions; Embraces innovationAccepts waiting list
- 4. Underlying Principles1. Systems serve the best interest of students and supports staff passion and fulllment. 2. We are one hub in the local mental health landscape of the GTA."Refer out what there is an appropriate service to receive0 Accessible (short wait times;location)0 Aordable (low cost,ins.coverage,bursary) Hire/ specialize for what we can't refer out3. Demonstrate provision of effective,efficient,satisfying service. 4. Conceptualize our system as 15 dynamic interacting modules. Change:impact on modules and pathways>
- 5. FRONT DESKWelcome warmly,direct ejfectively,support administratively.
- 6. Crisis AppointmentCreate safety.
- 7. TriageKeep the front door open.Single session interventions.
- 8. Targeted Community ReferralsRefer when there is an appropriate and accessible resource to receive.
- 9. CSDC Wait ListA safe place to wait.
- 10. Getting Started GroupsImmediate access:- normalize,- support healthy development - build community
- 11. Closed PsychotherapyGroupsEffective psychotherapy for specic concerns.
- 12. Individual PsychotherapyHire to fill the gaps in accessible community resources.
- 13. I" 1'I M lFl"l? ;iiill ff.7; l3 g. ; 7. 1i"; lj2yf.Hire for gaps in community resources. Individual psychotherapy Evidence-based treatment for complex casesOpen-ended groups ~ Ongoing care and relapse prevention
- 14. Staffing 6% Staff Professional Development
- 15. Clinical Training ProgramsPsychology,MSW
- 16. Microsystems~ Efficient EHR~ Team communications platforms =Wait list management-S Group referrals management
- 17. Community Partnerships- Hospitals- Psychiatry- Community/ Agencies - Private Practice
- 18. Outcome 6-?Program Evaluation