Education

• view

• download

description

مراجعة 4

Transcript of Macmillan 4 revision t1

Page 1: Macmillan 4 revision t1

Page 2: Macmillan 4 revision t1

Cairo Governorate Department : English Nozha Directorate of Education Form : 4th Primary Nozha Language Schools Final Revision “Ismailia Road” Branch First term

*Choose the correct answer : 1. I like to eat (monkey – turkey – jockey) in the New Year's Eve.

2. I haven't any (melon – money – honey) to buy this expensive dress.

3. The wind (blow – blows – blew) hard every year in January.

4. What does the women (said – say – saying)?

5. There is a deep (volcano – crack – magma) in the ground.

6. Hot rocks inside the earth are called (lava – magma – ash).

7. There is (lava – ash – dust) in the basket, did you burn something?

8. A sleeping volcano is a (lazy – dormant – hot) one.

9. The volcano has a (lava – vent – ash) as a hole at the top.

10. Hot, liquid rock flowing out of a volcano is called (cloud of smoke – magma- lava).

11. This is a / an (active – dormant – big) volcano. It can explode at any time.

12. She answered the door for the (one – first – two) time.

13. (Knew – New – Now) is the opposite of old.

14. Sorry I haven't got (slice – room – eat). I'm full.

15. This pie is (bad – smelly – delicious). I will eat it all.

16. Honey is a (cold – sticky – hot). It always sticks on me.

17. (While – When – Why) he was running, he fell down.

18. Do you (wants – wanting – want) to eat me?

19. The wolf came and (eat – ate – eating) a pie.

20. The door bell (ring – rang- was ringing) while Polly was cooking in the kitchen.

21. When it (was starting – started – starts) to rain, they were playing.

22. "I'm too full" (said the wolf – the wolf say – the wolf said) " I'm going to eat you next

time."

23. Look at the (page – list – menu) and choose your meal.

24. We went to the (party – restaurant – cafe`) to have a nice meal.

25. I want my potato (grilled – fried – drain).

26. I like to have (bread – burger – chocolate cake) as a dessert.

Page 3: Macmillan 4 revision t1

27. Drain – Mash – Sprinkle) the potato with butter.

28. I like to (stir – start – sprinkle) coconut on my cake.

29. This (fruit salad – soup) is too hot.

30. Do you like burger as a (starter – main course – dessert).

31. Do you know the (menu – receipt – recipe) of making French Cookies.

32. I don't like to put (sugar – salt – pepper) on my salad. It's too spicy.

33. Please (tray – stir – chop) some sugar in my tea.

34. You must (mash – peel – drain) potato before cooking it.

35. I like my chicken (boiled - drained - roasted).

36. Don't (drain – cool – mash) your pizza, it's better to eat it hot..

37. The bus leaves (at – for – in) half past seven every morning.

38. Dad keeps his important papers in his (parcel – suitcase – sack).

39. We like moving over ice in a (journey – sledge – pin).

40. Would you prefer to eat ice cream as (starter – dessert – main course)

41. Mum usually (sprinkle – drain – peel) tomatoes over the pizza.

42. The hot soup (burn – burnt – burns) my tongue yesterday.

43. I was very hungry and I ate all the meal (greedy – greedily – greed).

44. The bus is (full of – full off – full up) people, we can't get on.

45. There are many (cello – celloes – cellos) on the self.

46. Don't (put on – take off – hold on) your coat, it's very windy.

47. (Recipe – Katy – Winter) is a proper noun.

48. While we were fishing, we (catch – caught – held) some fish.

49. (Lava – Vent – Magma) is a hole in the top of a volcano.

50. I (make – made – making) mistakes while I was writing.

51. The (house – houses – truck) look empty.

Page 4: Macmillan 4 revision t1

*Rewrite the following sentences using the words in brackets : 1. He slept really yesterday. (always) …………………………………………………………………………………… 2. The girl carries her bag. (their) …………………………………………………………………………………… 3. That is my wife. (are) …………………………………………………………………………………… 4. They sometimes clean their rooms. (he) …………………………………………………………………………………… 5. Mum was cooking when I finished my homework. (As) …………………………………………………………………………………… 6. They ran fast. They met their friend. (when) …………………………………………………………………………………… 7. The boy played football. It started to rain. (while) …………………………………………………………………………………… 8. Ali has got a new book. (this) …………………………………………………………………………………… 9. Sally's dress is nice. (has) …………………………………………………………………………………… 10. They ran quickly. (runners) …………………………………………………………………………………… 11. He felt sad yesterday. (was) …………………………………………………………………………………… 12. The roof of my house is made of hay. (are) …………………………………………………………………………………… 13. Magda has got a black dress. ('s) …………………………………………………………………………………… 14. This cat has nice eyes. (these) …………………………………………………………………………………… 15. My father has an expensive car. (not) …………………………………………………………………………………… 16. She drank some milk last night. (any) …………………………………………………………………………………… 17. The girl ate five slices of pizza. (how) …………………………………………………………………………………… 18. My uncle had a lot of work last weekend. (usually) ……………………………………………………………………………………

Page 5: Macmillan 4 revision t1

19. We eat burger on Fridays. (the boy) …………………………………………………………………………………… 20. The man drove his car slowly. (How….?) …………………………………………………………………………………… 21. They bought some presents. (what) …………………………………………………………………………………… 22. We made a nice party because we got high marks. (why) …………………………………………………………………………………… 23. He wears a helmet to climb the mountain. (for) …………………………………………………………………………………… 24. Sam didn't go to school because he wanted to watch cartoon. (to) …………………………………………………………………………………… 25. She bought a broom for cleaning the house. (to) …………………………………………………………………………………… 26. I worked hard to have a lot of money. (because) …………………………………………………………………………………… 27. He won't visit his aunt. (is going) …………………………………………………………………………………… 28. He bought a nice present last holiday. (next) …………………………………………………………………………………… 29. The boys ran to their school bus. (at 7 o'clock in the morning) ………………………………………………………………………………… 30. I advise you to stop smoking. (should) …………………………………………………………………………………… 31. It's better for her to study hard. (should) …………………………………………………………………………………… 32. It's better for your brother to drink much cola. (shouldn't) …………………………………………………………………………………… 33. He shouldn't shout in the class. (It's bad) …………………………………………………………………………………… 34. They should obey their parents. (It's good) …………………………………………………………………………………… 35. We will swim next holiday. (what) …………………………………………………………………………………… 36. They are going to write a letter to their uncle. (what) ……………………………………………………………………………………

Page 6: Macmillan 4 revision t1

37. Mum was cooking when my father came. (what) …………………………………………………………………………………… 38. The camel carries heavy loads. (what) …………………………………………………………………………………… 39. The man wrote a nice poem for his daughter. (what) …………………………………………………………………………………… 40. They studied for three hours. (How ……..?) …………………………………………………………………………………… 41. We had lunch at the restaurant. (not) …………………………………………………………………………………… 42. my suitcase is heavier than yours. (as ……….. as) …………………………………………………………………………………… 43. he is a careless driver. (carelessly) …………………………………………………………………………………… 44. this is John's bag. (Whose) …………………………………………………………………………………… 45. I'm playing computer games now. (everyday) …………………………………………………………………………………… 46. Sue watches comic films every Friday. (What) …………………………………………………………………………………… 47. I watched a movie. I was staying at home. (While) …………………………………………………………………………………… 48. We'll travel to England next month. (not) …………………………………………………………………………………… 49. I think you have a bad toothache. (should) …………………………………………………………………………………… 50. I am going to visit my aunty next Wednesday. (When) …………………………………………………………………………………… 51. Mum bought peas, carrots and onions to make vegetable soup. (Why) ……………………………………………………………………………………

Page 7: Macmillan 4 revision t1

4th Primary Final Revision 2

Rewrite the following sentences using the words in brackets: 1. John usually sleeps early. (yesterday) …………………………………………………………………………………… 2. I visit my grandfather every Friday. (last Friday) …………………………………………………………………………………… 3. The little boy crossed the road alone yesterday. (Look!) …………………………………………………………………………………… 4. The girls sang a song an hour ago. (Listen!) …………………………………………………………………………………… 5. Tom is going to school now. (every morning) …………………………………………………………………………………… 6. We played football last Sunday. (every Sunday) …………………………………………………………………………………… 7. While he was running, it started to rain. (When) …………………………………………………………………………………… 8. my mum was cooking when my dad arrived. (While) …………………………………………………………………………………… 9. As they were playing, he broke his leg. (When) …………………………………………………………………………………… 10. When the bell rang, I was having a shower. (Just as) …………………………………………………………………………………… 11. Tomorrow, I will travel to Luxor. (Yesterday) …………………………………………………………………………………… 12. We will study maths next Saturday. (last Saturday) …………………………………………………………………………………… 13. The children walked to school yesterday. (tomorrow) …………………………………………………………………………………… 14. It's not good for your health to sleep late. (shouldn't) …………………………………………………………………………………… 15. It's healthy to eat fruit and vegetables. (should) …………………………………………………………………………………… 16. He will leave for London . (not) …………………………………………………………………………………… 17. The boys usually play with balls . (Look !) …………………………………………………………………………………… 18. He doesn’t drink milk . (never) …………………………………………………………………………………… 19. The child has a toy goose . (some) …………………………………………………………………………………… 20. Some deer were in the forest . (one) …………………………………………………………………………………… 21. She isn’t as beautiful as her mother . (Her mother) ……………………………………………………………………………………

Page 8: Macmillan 4 revision t1

22. A deer eats grass in the field. (Some) …………………………………………………………………………………… 23. A sheep helps the farmers in his work. (some) …………………………………………………………………………………… 24. This lady hasn't got children. (These) …………………………………………………………………………………… 25. There was a book on the shelf. (Were) …………………………………………………………………………………… 26. Some lions are running after a prey. (A pride) …………………………………………………………………………………… 27. I bought mum a lot of flowers. (a bunch) …………………………………………………………………………………… 28. Some cards are on the floor. ( A) …………………………………………………………………………………… 29. He caught some fish. ( a shoal)

…………………………………………………………………………………… 30. Some whales are swimming in the sea. (A) …………………………………………………………………………………… 31. Ali is more intelligent than Hala. (as……as) …………………………………………………………………………………… 32. Salma is taller than Sally. (Sally is)

…………………………………………………………………………………… 33. No river is longer than the Nile. (The Nile) …………………………………………………………………………………… 34. Tom is short. John is short too. (as……..as)

…………………………………………………………………………………… 35. Sara is more beautiful than Sally. (as…….as) …………………………………………………………………………………… 36. No book is more exciting than this book. (the most)

…………………………………………………………………………………… 37. This necklace is the most expensive one. (more) …………………………………………………………………………………… 38. No building is higher than the Cairo Tower. (the highest)

…………………………………………………………………………………… 39. The man helped the lady. (not) …………………………………………………………………………………… 40. She gets up at 7 o'clock. (not)

…………………………………………………………………………………… 41. He is a teacher. (not) …………………………………………………………………………………… 42. We have got some toys. (not)

…………………………………………………………………………………… 43. They have a bike. (not) …………………………………………………………………………………… 44. Sara has got a pen friend. (not) ……………………………………………………………………………………

Page 9: Macmillan 4 revision t1

45. Ramy has a pet. (not) …………………………………………………………………………………… 46. He will revise for the exam. (not)

…………………………………………………………………………………… 47. We like apples. (not) …………………………………………………………………………………… 48. Carla goes to school by bus. (How)

…………………………………………………………………………………… 49. I bought some vegetables to make a vegetable soup. (Why) …………………………………………………………………………………… 50. I get up at 6 o'clock. (When)

…………………………………………………………………………………… 51. I visited Paris twice. (How…) …………………………………………………………………………………… 52. My uncle will stay in Aswan for two weeks. (How)

…………………………………………………………………………………… 53. I have got two brothers. (How) …………………………………………………………………………………… 54. Mum needs a kilo of sugar. (How)

…………………………………………………………………………………… 55. This shirt is fifty pounds. (How) …………………………………………………………………………………… 56. He is playing tennis. (What) …………………………………………………………………………………… 57. If she is free, she will go to the club. (Where) …………………………………………………………………………………… 58. Rania goes to the club once a week. (How)

…………………………………………………………………………………… 59. I remained in Mexico for one week. (How) …………………………………………………………………………………… 60. She is crying because she lost her bag. (Why) …………………………………………………………………………………… 61. I found the book under the table. (Where) …………………………………………………………………………………… 62. Mum used to make puppets when she was young. (not)

…………………………………………………………………………………… 63. He was wearing a nice shirt at ten o'clock yesterday. (When) …………………………………………………………………………………… 64. My neighbor invited me to attend his birthday party. (invitation) …………………………………………………………………………………… 65. Dad comes home late every day. (returns)

…………………………………………………………………………………… 66. My aunt will stay in London for a week. (How) …………………………………………………………………………………… 67. English is my favourite subject. (What)

……………………………………………………………………………………

Page 10: Macmillan 4 revision t1

68. My brother was watching a film at nine o'clock yesterday. (yesterday) …………………………………………………………………………………… 69. I came here because my father got a new job. (Why)

…………………………………………………………………………………… 70. I was planting vegetables many years ago. (When) …………………………………………………………………………………… 71. I rang you several times yesterday. (How)

…………………………………………………………………………………… 72. They didn't go anywhere this year. (nowhere) …………………………………………………………………………………… 73. Everyone has a lunch box here. (Does)

…………………………………………………………………………………… 74. The Chinese people built the first computer. (not) …………………………………………………………………………………… 75. The monkey is lighter than the elephant. (The elephant)

…………………………………………………………………………………… 76. The lived in America for ten years. (How) ……………………………………………………………………………………

Page 11: Macmillan 4 revision t1

A- Vocabulary & Structure

1- Underline the correct word(s) in brackets : 1. Beds and chairs are made [ for – of – off ] wood . 2. It is very hot in here . I am going to [ put on – take off – take in ] my coat . 3. The sun shone [ quickly – brightly – noisily ] yesterday . 4. [ Magma – Lava – Rocks ] is the hot , liquid rock flowing out of a volcano . 5. While mother [ cooked – was cooking – cooks ] dinner , father came home . 6. Dina [ had – is going to have – has ] an exam next week . 7. The wolf was [ to – too – two ] full of chocolate cake and toffee . 8. The apple pie was so [ nasty – delicious – awful ] that we ate it all at once .

2- Rewrite the following sentences using the words in brackets : 1. I broke a glass . I was washing the dishes . [ While ] ………………………………………………………………….. 2. They are going to travel to London next week . [ last week ] ………………………………………………………………….. 3. This is a nice photo . [ are ] ………………………………………………………………….. 4. Mr. Jones was working in the garden when he found a ring . [ What ] ………………………………………………………………….. B- Language Function 3- Supply the missing parts in the following dialogue : Adam : Do you like travelling ? Ben : Yes , ........................................................................... Adam : .....................................................................................? Ben : I visited England , France and Italy . Adam : ............................................................... England ? Ben : I went to England two years ago .

Cairo Governorate Nozha Directorate of Education

Nozha Language Schools Ismailia Road

Subject: Eُnglish Form : 4th Primary (A.L) Mid Term Exam.

2011-2012

/..........................................اسم التلميذ

Class

Serial

Page 12: Macmillan 4 revision t1

C- Reading Comprehension 4-Read the following passage and answer the questions below :

Good health is one of the most important things in life . It's something that allows a

person to have a happy , useful and successful life . There are certain rules which help us to

stay healthy . We should eat a balanced diet of the right kinds of food and drink a lot of

water. All foods can make us fat if we eat too much of them , especially starchy foods , fats ,

and sweets . We should do exercises regularly , if possible in the open air , and get enough

sleep . The number of hours' sleep we need depends on our age . Young babies sleep from 20

to 22 hours each day , older people only need between 6 and 7 hours . We should keep

ourselves clean . Regular washing is important , especially the hands . Teeth should be

brushed night and morning . Good health is a priceless treasure . It is worth trying to keep it .

Choose the correct answer :

1- ………………………….. sleep about twenty hours daily .

a- Teenagers b- Adults c- Babies 4- It's preferable to do exercises in………………..

a- playgrounds b- houses c- classes

Answer the following questions

3- What happens if we eat too much of something ? ……………………………………………………………………..

…………………………………………………………………….. 4- What should we do to protect our teeth ?

…………………………………………………………………….. ……………………………………………………………………..

Page 13: Macmillan 4 revision t1

D- Pictorial Composition 5- Write a paragraph of Six sentences describing the picture: " A visit to my sick friend " Guiding words : Last week – didn't come to school – very ill – food – a seller in the street – the doctor advise – help – do – his homework – thank

………………………………………………………………………………..

…………………………………………………………………….…………..

………………………………………………………………………..……..

E- The Link Readers " The Lost World"

6- A- Answer the following questions . 1. What was Ned Malone looking for ? Why ?

……………………………………………………………….. ………………………………………………………………..

2. What was there under the Earth long ago ? ……………………………………………………………….. ………………………………………………………………..

Page 14: Macmillan 4 revision t1

B- Complete the following sentences : 3. Ned Malone was a ............................. for the Daily Gazette . 4. Professor George Edward challenger was a ..........................

F- Orthography

7- A- Supply the missing lines I'm a veggie lion

………………………………………………..…………………………..

…………………………………………………..………………………..

……………………………………………………………..tweet , tweet .

B- What is the main idea ?

…………………………………………………………….................…..

………………………………………………………………...................

G- Handwriting 8- Copy the following sentence in your best handwriting

Never too old to learn .

Good Luck

Page 15: Macmillan 4 revision t1

A- Listening 1- Listen to the words and circle the right picture :

2- Listen to the sentences and circle the right picture :

Cairo Governorate Nozha Directorate of Education

Nozha Language Schools Ismailia Road

Subject: Eُnglish Form : 4th Primary (O.L) Mid Term Exam.

2011-2012

/..........................................اسم التلميذ

Class

Serial

Page 16: Macmillan 4 revision t1

B- Reading Comprehension 3- Read and circle the odd one out : 1. figs – apples – bananas - milk 2. lion – seven – giraffe - tiger 3. bike – bus – cat – car 4. camera – plate – television – bird 4- Read and match the words with the numbers : 1. five 6 2. eight 9 3. six 8 4. nine 5

C- Writing 5- Re-arrange the following to make meaningful sentences : 1. on – the – The – is – monkey – tree . ……………………………………………………….. 2. is – That – elephant - an ………………………………………………………… 3. name - is – your – What - ? ………………………………………………………… 6- Look at the picture and write the missing word in each sentence : 1- They are ten ............................. old .

2- It's my ....................................... .

3- Is it an ......... ……………………..?

Yes , it is . 4- ........ ………………is a monkey.

5- The cat is ....................... the hat .

7- Punctuate the following sentence : the rat is in tamer s hat

8- Copy the following sentence : Many hands make work light .

Page 17: Macmillan 4 revision t1

Cairo Governorate Department : English Nozha Directorate of Education Form : 4th Primary Nozha Language Schools Mid-Year Exam( 2011-2012) “Ismailia Road” Branch The Exam is in : (4) Pages Time : 2 Hours

A- Vocabulary & Structure 1- Underline the correct word(s) in brackets : 1. I’ll have a chocolate cake as a [ starter – main course – dessert ] . 2. How [ long – often – much ] do you have an English test ? Once a month . 3. He practised a lot for the race . Now he is so self [ sad – confident – angry ] . 4. He [ should – ought – must ] to clean his teeth twice a day . 5. Many people in Africa die of [ hungry – anger – hunger ] everyday . 6. Which dress do you want ? I think I [ will – am going to – shall ] have the blue one . 7. The wind [ shone – blew – flew ] hard last night . It was so windy . 8. [ Where – While – When ] I was riding my bike , I fell down .

2- Rewrite the following sentences using the words in brackets : 1. Dad bought a new car last week . [ What ] ………………………………………………………………….. 2. He behaves badly . [ should ] ………………………………………………………………….. 3. We plan to watch this important film . [ going ] ………………………………………………………………….. 4. Ben studies all his lessons everyday . [ not ] …………………………………………………………………..

B- Language Function 3- Supply the missing parts in the following dialogue : Fady : …………………………. your Mid-Year holiday ? Maged : I am going to visit Turkey . Fady : ………………………………………………………? Maged : In a hotel . Fady : ……………………………………………? Maged : No,with my friends . Fady : Have a nice time there . Maged : Thank you .

Page 18: Macmillan 4 revision t1

C- Reading Comprehension

4-Read the following passage and answer the questions below :

Once a king promised to give a bag of gold to anyone who would tell him the most

wonderful story , but it must be quite impossible for the story to be true . From all the parts

of the country people came to tell remarkable stories but the king said that was quite possible

for them to be true and the prize was not given. At last came an old man , carrying a large jar

He said to the king.” Your father borrowed from me as much gold as this jar can hold ,

please , pay back the amount to me”

“It’s impossible ,” said the king looking at the big jar .

“ Then if it is impossible I have won the bag of gold , but if my story is true , then pay

back your father’s debt.” The king laughed and gave him the prize .

Answer the following questions 1- Why did the king give the man the prize ?

……………………………………………………………………..

2- What do you think of the old man ?

……………………………………………………………………..

Choose the correct answer :

3- The king didn’t give any prize for all people because their stories were ................

a- bad b- true c- impossible

4- The king’s father took from the old man ……………

a- nothing b- a bag of gold c- a jar full of gold

Page 19: Macmillan 4 revision t1

D- Pictorial Composition 5- Write a paragraph of Six sentences describing the picture: Guiding words :

school library – many shelves – books – children – at tables – reading interesting books – the librarian – helps .

Page 20: Macmillan 4 revision t1

E- The Link Readers " The Lost World"

6- A- Answer the following questions . 1. Who is Lord Roxton ?

……………………………………………………………….. ………………………………………………………………..

2. What did the wild Indians want ? ……………………………………………………………….. ………………………………………………………………..

B- Complete the following sentences : 3. Lord John Roxton and the young reporter would go with professor Summer Lee to

……………………………………………… 4. The plateau was named ……………………………………………………….

F- Orthography

7- A- Supply the missing lines : Some day I may ………………………………………………..…………………………..

…………………………………………………..………………………..

…………………………………………………………………………… .

But not today .

B- What’s the main idea of the poem ?

…………………………………………………………….................…..

………………………………………………………………...................

G- Handwriting 8- Copy the following sentence in your best handwriting

Don’t put all eggs in one basket .

Good Luck

Page 21: Macmillan 4 revision t1

Cairo Governorate Department : English Nozha Directorate of Education Form : 4th Primary Nozha Language Schools Mid-Year Exam (O.L) “Ismailia Road” Branch The Exam is in : (2) Pages Time : 2 Hours (2011-2012)

A- Listening 1- Listen to the words and circle the right picture :

2- Listen to the sentences and circle the right picture :

Page 22: Macmillan 4 revision t1

B- Reading Comprehension

3- Read and circle the odd one out : 1. Sunday – September – Monday – Friday 2. pen – snake – book – bag 3. brother – sister – door – mother 4. mouth – hair – mouse – nose 4- Read and match the words with the numbers : 1. fifteen 11 2. eight 15 3. five 8 4. eleven 5

C- Writing 5- Re-arrange the following to make meaningful sentences : 1. next to – The park – pool – the – is . ……………………………………………………….. 2. Mona – on – Where – was – Monday ? ………………………………………………………… 3. like – school – don't – walking – to – I . ………………………………………………………… 6- Look at the picture and write the missing word in each sentence : 1- I can see a ……………………

2- …………………………a bike .

3- ……………………two stars . 4- This is a ………………………….. D- Punctuation and Handwriting 7- Punctuate the following sentence : ali and mona went to alexandria

8- Copy the following sentence : Don't put all the eggs in one basket .

Page 23: Macmillan 4 revision t1