Lieporių Secondary School. “Amazing Box” from Lieporių Secondary School for Sukromne Gymnasium...

of 10/10
Lieporių Secondary School
  • date post

    17-Dec-2015
  • Category

    Documents

  • view

    217
  • download

    2

Embed Size (px)

Transcript of Lieporių Secondary School. “Amazing Box” from Lieporių Secondary School for Sukromne Gymnasium...

  • Slide 1
  • Liepori Secondary School
  • Slide 2
  • Amazing Box from Liepori Secondary School for Sukromne Gymnasium T.Smaragd
  • Slide 3
  • Vilnius Vilnius is the largest city and the capital of Lithuania, with a population of 555,613 (847,954 together with Vilnius County) as of 2008. It is the seat of the Vilnius city municipality and of the Vilnius district municipality. It is also the capital of Vilnius County. Currently Vilnius is the European Capital of Culture of 2009 together with Linz, Austria.
  • Slide 4
  • Nida Nida is a resort town in Lithuania, located on the Curonian Spit. It has 1,650 residents and is the administrative center of the Neringa municipality. Nida Airport is located in the town. Nida is the westernmost point of Lithuania and the Baltic States.
  • Slide 5
  • Lithuanian flag The flag of Lithuania consists of a horizontal tricolor of yellow, green and red. It was adopted on March 20, 1989, almost two years before the reestablishment of Lithuania's independence following the end of the Soviet Union. Before its readoption, the flag had been used from 1918 until 1940 while Lithuania was occupied and then annexed by the Soviet Union.
  • Slide 6
  • Baltic amber The Baltic region is home to the largest known deposit of amber, called Baltic amber, with about 80% of the world's known amber found here. It dates from between 35 to 40 million years ago (Eocene Early Oligocene). The term Baltic amber is generic, so amber from the Bitterfeld mines in Germany (which is only 20 million years old) goes under the same name. Because Baltic amber contains about 8% succinic acid, it is also termed Succinite.
  • Slide 7
  • Hill of Crosses The Hill of Crosses is a site of pilgrimage about 12 km north of the city of iauliai, in northern Lithuania. The exact origins are unknown, but it is considered that the first crosses were placed on the former Jurgaiiai or Domantai hill fort after the 1831 Uprising. Over the centuries, not only crosses, but giant crucifixes, carvings of Lithuanian patriots, statues of the Virgin Mary and thousands of tiny effigies and rosaries have been brought here by Catholic pilgrims. The number of crosses is unknown, but estimates put it at about 50,000.
  • Slide 8
  • Columns of Gediminas The Columns of Gediminas or Pillars of Gediminas (Lithuanian: Gediminaii stulpai) are one of the earliest symbols of Lithuania and one of its historical coats of arms. They were used in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, initially as a rulers' personal insignia, a state symbol, and later as a part of heraldic signs of leading aristocracy. During the period between World War I and World War II they were used by the Lithuanian Republic as a minor state symbol, e. g. on Litas coins and military equipment.
  • Slide 9
  • Lithuanian traditional sash National sashes are a traditional and ancient Lithuanian folk art. You dont need special tools to make them, only the weavers hard work, imagination and creativity are involved. This kind of sashes were used as a belt to hold a robe together, usually tied on the waist. They were also used for mens footwear vyzos and nagines, for swaddling babies, for hanging baskets and bask baskets. There was a custom of giving sashes as gifts. For example, the bride had to give sashes as gifts to all grooms relatives- children and adults- at the wedding.
  • Slide 10
  • Prepared by amazing team from Liepori Secondary School, iauliai, Lithuania 04/05/2009