LCD Controller IC KS-LTWV-SD (LVDS) - takumi-sh. December 2011, First Edition (Japanese version)...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of LCD Controller IC KS-LTWV-SD (LVDS) - takumi-sh. December 2011, First Edition (Japanese version)...
LCD Controller IC
December 2011, First Edition (Japanese version) Febrary 2012, First Edition (English version)
(Note) Silk screen print in the above picture is a composite. The actual print may differ.
● Introduction ● First of all, thank you for having purchased our LCD controller IC (KS-LTWV-SD (LVDS)) and the touch panel controller IC (KS-R8TPC or KS-R10TPC) (the “Product”). This hardware manual (the “Manual”) provides an overview of the Product. We hope that you will read the Manual carefully and make use of it for efficient development.
● Important Information ●
1. The Product and this Manual may change without notice. Before using the Product, obtain the newest catalog, manual, etc., from the company website.
2. The Product is not designed to be used in systems or devices that can cause death, injury, or serious physical or environmental damage directly due to any malfunction of the Product (life support device, nuclear facility equipment, aircraft, traffic control equipment, various safety devices, etc.). Danger and damage due to the Product being used in the foregoing systems or devices are the sole responsibility of the customer.
3. We assume no responsibility for any damages due to the use or the operation of the Product in a misguided or wrongful way.
4. The usage examples outlined herein are only an explanation of the Product functions. We assume no responsibility for any complaints, accidents, or any disadvantages which may be caused by the use on the basis of the examples outlined in this Manual.
Table of Contents
1. Composition of the LCD Controller IC
and the Touch Panel Controller P4
2. Overview and Features of the Product P4
3. System Configuration Diagram P6
4. Pins (Reference circuits) P7
5. Electrical Characteristics (DC, AC),
Access Timing Specifications P19
6. Address Map P24
7. Pixel Composition of the Screen P27
8. Displayed Data P29
9. Drawing Function P32
10. Image Data Transfer Function P35
11. Self-refresh Function P42
12. About the Registers P43
13. External Dimensions P64
14. Design Precautions P65
15. Handling Precautions P66
16. Operating Condition Precautions P70
17. Installation Method P72
1. Composition of the LCD Controller IC and the Touch Panel Controller LCD
1) KS-LTWV-SD (LVDS) (LCD controller IC) KS-LTWV-SD (LVDS) is broadly applicable to the LVDS LCD, including WVGA TFT LCD “GVTW70SPAH series” (manufacturer: SGD), etc.
2) KS-R8TPC or KS-R10TPC (Touch panel controller)
KS-R8TPC is a CPU device with 2 channels, 8-bit A/D conversion (manufacturer: Renesas, model: R5F211B4SP). KS-R10TPC is a CPU device with 2 channels, 10-bit A/D conversion (manufacturer: Renesas, model: R5F211B4SP).
(Manufacturer of the CPU and product number may change without notice.)
LCD display and touch panel control become possible by using the above set of two. Additionally, display is also possible using only the LCD controller IC.
2. Overview and Features of the Product
KS-LTWV-SD (LVDS) is an LCD controller developed for embedded systems, with the following characteristics. 1) This LCD controller is WVGA TFT color LCD-compatible (Interface is LVDS).
The LCD controller is equipped with a built-in LVDS interface. We guarantee that signal distance for the LVDS is 2m.
2) The frame buffer memory is SDR SDRAM-compatible. When using the SDR SDRAM (2M×16-bits×4 banks), you can select a wide area of 2,048×1,024 pixels × 4 pages to 800×480 pixels.
3) Color can be displayed in 2 modes: 64 colors in 4,096 color mode (palette format) × 2 pages and 65,536 color mode × 1 page.
4) By making the screen one page per area, 65,536 colors can be displayed. (There are function restrictions such as blinking, etc.).
5) Two-layer superimposed display is possible. (Only the 64 colors in 4,096 color mode).
6) When a flash-ROM is installed to the CPU bus, short videos can be played. 7) The Tiny-accelerator function allows high-speed drawing of lines and fill-ins of
rectangular shapes. 8) There is an automatic switch display function per pixel, which decreases the load
on the CPU. 9) Design is easy with only knowledge of the Host-CPU. LCD expertise is not
necessary 10) The Host-CPU is most compatible with the H8 Host-CPU (Hitachi) and SH
Host-CPU. (Interface with 3.3V Host-CPU is possible.) 11) Connection with a touch panel controller in which the touch panel data is 10-bit
(KS-R10TPC) is possible. 12) When writing the image data from the flash memory to the frame buffer memory
(SDRAM), it is possible to not write the color specified by the register. 13) The SDRAM can be switched to a self-refresh state.
3. System Configuration Diagram
The outline framework for KS-LTWV-SD (LVDS) is as follows. The customer only needs to prepare a SDR SDRAM in order to complete the LCD controller. And, by preparing a large flash memory, the LCD controller reads data automatically, image display is also possible. Note 1. The blue areas indicate the LCD controller and the touch panel controller. Note 2. When the touch panel (KS-R8TPC or KS-R10TPC) is not necessary, its circuit
part is deletable.
CLK+, CLK-, D2+, D2-,
D1+, D1-, D0+, D0-, etc
Host CPU Interface
BACK#, BREQ#, CS#, etc
DQ0-15, A0-A11, DQMH, DQML, WE#,
CAS#, RAS#, CS#, BA0, BA1,
CLK, CKE, etc
PCLK, TPV, PDATA, etc
Power Input +3.3V,+2.5V,+1.2V
KS-LTWV-SD (LVDS) LVDS pin
PWM ON/OFF pin
Flash － Rom (for
storing image data)
Touch Panel Controller
Circuit (KS-R8TPC or
3.3V System SDRAM
Diagram) Pinout Diagram
SPARE 105 SPARE 106
VCCIO3 107 VCC 108
GNDIO3 109 TA+ 110 TA- 111 TB- 112
SPARE 113 TB+ 114
SPARE 115 SPARE 116
VCCIO3 117 SPARE 118
GNDIO3 119 TC- 120 TC+ 121
SPARE 122 TCLK- 123 SPARE 124 TCLK+ 125