Jump to excellent
Embed Size (px)
#ICE14 presentation on making the jump from proficient to excellent in the Danielson model.
Transcript of Jump to excellent
- 1. Using Technology to Make the Jump from Proficient to Excellent! Barb Georges, Jenny Goettsche, Jason Janczak, Pam Pleviak Grayslake High School District 127
- 2. Danielson Framework Following along with the framework: http://www.tinyurl.com/ICEDanielson
- 3. Planning and Preparation Activities permit student choice. Lesson plans reference frameworks/standards to ensure accurate sequencing. Apps (Common Core and NGSS by Mastery Connect) Schoology, Canvas, Edmodo, Moodle (LMS) o Individualized instruction and curriculum Lesson Paths o Interdisciplinary and allows students to edit/add to path.
- 4. Planning and Preparation Texts are matched to student skill level Lesson plans differentiate for individual student needs Newsela.com o Differentiation tool for texts in all subjects o Can aim for target range and then differentiate Lexile level on the same article. o Some articles include quizzes that are also differentiated.
- 5. Planning and Preparation Students participate in designing assessments for their own work. Google Forms and Flubaroo
- 6. Classroom Environment Respect and Rapport -Have students partner up and get out their devices. Share one song/photo that best represents who they are. -Send out celebration tweets or posts on class LMS for special occasions. -Create a strong understanding for what it means to be a digital citizen (Edutopia, DigitalCitizenship.net)
- 7. Classroom Environment Culture of Learning -Use GoogleDocs to have students offer feedback on documents/projects they create -Have a discussion board each unit in your LMS that says what questions do you have? Encourage students to answer their classmates questions. -Send out tweets related to the subject your kids are studying.
- 8. Classroom Environment Managing Classroom Procedures -Use your LMS to maximize time on task (log into your computers and check the LMS for your assignment, etc.) Managing Student Behavior -Create (or have students create) a video that demonstrates your expectations when it comes to technology use in your class. Share with the rest of class and parents
- 9. Instruction web based free easy for students easy for teachers
- 10. Instruction
- 11. Instruction Instruction
- 12. Professional Responsibilities Maintaining Accurate Records Scan Save Upload to Google Drive Share
- 13. Professional Responsibilities From this to.
- 14. Professional Responsibilities Communicating
- 15. Professional Responsibilities Bring parents and community members into the conversation.
- 16. Professional Responsibilities Participating in a Professional Community ICE Newsletter Blogs Skype Webinars-edWeb Feedly Feedly
- 17. Professional Responsibilities Participating in the Professional Community ICE NICE IETC ASCD IPA
- 18. Professional Responsibilities Partners make perfect!
- 19. Thank You For Attending Barb Georges firstname.lastname@example.org @barbgeorges Jenny Goettsche email@example.com @JennyGoettsche Jason Jancak firstname.lastname@example.org @jjanczak Pam Pleviak email@example.com @ppleviak