Invest Certification Manual
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Invest Certification Manual
INDIAN VALUE ENGINEERING SOCIETYCertification andRecertification ManualGuidelines - Policies - Procedures - Examples Seventh Edition Effective Nov.1st 2012This document supersedes all previous documents issued."Certified Value Specialist", "CVS", "Associate Value Specialist", "AVS', "Value Methodology Practitioner", and "VMP" are certification marks of SAVE International and may be used only by individuals who have successfully completed the requirements of SAVE International's certification program and who maintain active certification.
Item Page No.
Certification Program Objectives3
Certification & Recertification Requirements
AVS, VMP, CVS, Life, PVM to CVS 4 -7
Certification Requirements Summary8
INVEST Certification Matrix9 -10
Description of Qualifying Categories11
Certified Workshops and Seminars14
Examination Reference Chart16
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)20
VM Study Submission Sample Packet23
Supporting data for VM study (Example)24
Job Plan Example25
AVS Submission Checklist26
Initial VMP Submission Checklist26
Initial CVS Submission check list27
CVS Advisor check list28
Maintenance Fee and AVS Re-certification29
Certification/Recertification Application form30
Certification/Recertification summary worksheet33
Certification Program ObjectivesThe Board of Directors of SAVE International has authorized a certification program to be administered by a Certification Board with the following objectives:
1) To establish, maintain and administer professional certification programs to promote and support the practice of the value methodology globally.
2) To establish and maintain professional development in the value methodology by improving professional skills and competence in accordance with established standards.
3) Enforce standards for ethical behavior as established by the SAVE Board of Directors for individuals certified under this program.
4) Support the SAVE Board of Directors to clarify methods, and procedures in the application of the value methodology; to create better understanding of the value profession; to develop universal acceptance and increase application of value practices.
5) Support the SAVE Board of Directors to encourage the development and application of the value methodology; and encourage the successful application of projects in manufacturing, construction, service, government and others.
6) To encourage teaching the value methodology in accredited universities and to promote research & development of new VM methods by students and academic advisors.
All questions regarding Certification should be directed to the Certification Board Administrator.
OverviewBased on the requirements set forth in this manual, individuals should decide which level of certification is applicable. SAVE Internationals Certification Program offers three levels of certification:
The first level is: Associate Value Specialist (AVS)AVS is a recognition designed for individuals who are new to the Value Methodology. An AVS is encouraged to progress to VMP or CVS certification.
The second level is: Value Methodology Practitioner (VMP)VMP recognizes individuals with basic value training and some experience in the application of the methodology. Value Methodology Practitioners participate in or lead value studies.
The third level is: Certified Value Specialist (CVS)CVS is the highest level of certification attainable through SAVE International. Designation is reserved for Value Specialists, who have demonstrated expert level experience and knowledge in the practice of the value methodology.
The Certification Board offers three tracks for CVS Certification. One track is for the Value Specialist practitioner, who either teaches the value methodology, leads or facilitates value studies, and, or who participates in value studies. The second track is for Value Program Manager who is responsible to their employer for the management or direction of a company or governmental in-house value program. The Value Program Manager is not only responsible for the success of a study, but is also responsible for the overall success of a Value Program. The third is for full time Academics who teach the value methodology at an accredited university.
In this document the term value study is used extensively. To fully understand the definition of a value study one needs to refer to the SAVE International Value Methodology Standard. No other interpretations of a value study will be allowed.NOTE: All application and appropriate documentation once submitted become the property of the Certification Board. It has been and will continue to be the policy of the Certification Board to not return any application materials.Certification & RecertificationRequirementsGeneral: Certification Point (CP) is the system for quantifying the Experience and Educational requirements for each level of certification. Refer the Description of Qualifying Categories for the CP to contact hours definition. Note that Category 1 - Practice CPs may not be accumulated earlier than one year prior to completing the Module I Workshop.
AVS1. Select an advisor who is a CVS.
2. Complete an approved Module I Workshop.
3. Submit application.
4. Pass the AVS Examination.
5. AVS Examination may be taken only after Certification Board approval of the application or when taken in conjunction with a Module I Workshop.
AVS Recertification Point Requirements
AVS certification must be recertified every four
years. All CPs must be earned during the four-year
recertification period. (Early recertification is not
allowed.) A total of 28 CPs is required. These CPs
need to be recorded on the Certification/
Recertification Summary Worksheet and submitted
with the application. The CPs are in the following
Category 1 Practice VM: minimum 9.6 CPs,which consist of 96 value study contact hours
and a minimum of 4 studies.
Category 2: Learn VM: minimum 2.8 CPs
Category 3: Share VM: minimum 4 CPsAVS Implementation Program
The first four years of the AVS recertification
program will be phased according to the following
Renewal Due% of certification
requirements that must be met for first recertification
2008 & earlierAnniversary
AVS to VMP or CVS
Points accumulated before the four-year
expiration can be applied towards a VMP or CVS
applicationVMP1. Select an advisor who is a CVS.
2. Complete an approved Module I Workshop
3. Accumulate 44 CPs in the following categories:
Category 1 Practice VM: 24 CPs , which consist of 240 value study contact hours and a minimum of 6 studies.
Category 2 Learn VM: 15 CPsCategory 3: Share VM: 5 CPs4. Submit application and supporting documentation
5. Submit Certification/Recertification Summary
Worksheet and supporting documentation.
6. Pass the VMP Examination after Certification
Boards approval of application.
VMP Recertification Point RequirementsVMP certification must be recertified every four years. All CPs must be earned during the four-year recertification period. (Early recertification is not allowed.) A total of 37 CPs are required. These CPs need to be recorded on the Certification/ Recertification Summary Worksheet and submitted with the application. The CPs are in the following categories:
Category 1 Practice VM: 24 CPs which consist of 240 value study contact hours and a minimum of 6 studies.
Category 2: Learn VM: 8 CPs Category 3: Share VM: 5 CPs VMP to CVSPoints accumulated before the four-year expiration can be applied towards a CVS application.
CVS1. Select an advisor who is a CVS.
2. Complete an approved Module I Workshop
3. Complete an approved Module II Seminar. (The MOD II may not be taken sooner than six months after the MOD I Workshop unless the applicant participate in at least 2 value studies during the time between the MOD I and MOD II.)
4. Accumulate 88 Certification Points (CPs) for Value Specialist Track; 72 CPs for Value Program Manager Track; and 77 CPs for the Academic Track.(Note: Modules I & II are requirements and donot count under Learn VM Category)5. Submit an original paper on a value related subject
6. Submit application
7. Submit Certification/Recertification Summary
Worksheet and supporting documentation.
8. Pass the CVS Examination after Certification Board approval of application and paper. Academics must also maintain and present to the Certification Board a Professional Diary.
CVS Certification Point (CP) Requirements: CVS Cert Category 1 Practice VM:For Value Specialist Track 48 CPs, which consists of 480 value study team contact hours, and a minimum of 12 studies. Contact hours may be as a team member, leader, co-facilitator or facilitator.