International SEO Best Practices 2014
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of International SEO Best Practices 2014
- 1. International SEO Optimizing for Websites with Locations Across the World
- 2. Agenda Overview of International SEO Choosing a Domain Hosting On-Page Optimization Off-Page Optimization Resources
- 3. Overview
- 4. International SEO aims to improve organic search visibility for websites that are targeting multiple countries. This includes important things like: Choosing the proper ccTLD (country code top level domain) Hosting On-page and off-page optimization strategies Overview
- 5. Choosing a Domain
- 6. Choosing a Domain An important part of an international SEO strategy is choosing the top level domain based on your target country. IANA - The institution that runs TLDs (Top-Level Domains) and deals with the assignment of IP addresses, ranges, ports, and related attributes.
- 7. Hosting
- 8. Hosting Website Speed Your servers proximity to your visitors affects its speed Local Search Engine Visibility Hosting your clients site on a local IP can help improve your visibility in that countrys search engines.
- 9. On-Page Optimization
- 10. On-Page Optimization Hreflang Tag XML Sitemap
- 11. On-Page Optimization Hreflang tags may not help you increase traffic; instead, the goal of using them is to serve the right content to the right users. Hreflang Tag *Note: Google uses the hreflang tag, while Bing uses language meta tags.
- 12. On-Page Optimization XML Sitemap Create a sitemap listing out the alternative versions of each web page in the languages you have available.
- 13. On-Page Optimization
- 14. Off-Page Optimization
- 15. Off-Page Optimization Link Building The Value of a link is based on Popularity Content Quality of the Site Anchor Text Number of Domains Linking
- 16. Off-Page Optimization
- 17. Off-Page Optimization Ways to Build Country-Specific Links Local Directories Add your clients business to directories used in the target country
- 18. Off-Page Optimization Ways to Build Country-Specific Links Links from Local News Outlets & Bloggers Pay attention to citations of your business from local newspapers and anyone sharing news or comments about your clients products or services.
- 19. Resources
- 20. RESOURCES Helpful Websites: IANA www.internetassignednumbersauthority.org/ MOZ Intl Learning Content Learning > International SEO MOZ Intl SEO Checklist Intl SEO Checklist Google WMT https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/18 9077?hl=en
- 21. RESOURCES International SEO Thought Leaders: Ann F. Kennedy - @annekennedy Michael Kahn Performics Bill Hunt @billhunt