Embed Size (px)
How to start up and Instagram account, and best practices for building an active community there.
Transcript of Instagram Basics
- 1. What is Instagram? Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, and share them.
- 2. Who Uses Instagram? 200 m monthly users worldwide 41% of users are between 18 and 24 30% of teens think Instagram is the most important social network 49%/51% M/F
- 3. Using Instagram Strategically How does Instagram fit my business needs? How important are visuals to my storytelling? Is the audience appropriate for my product? Will I commit the time to follow through? What will I stop doing? Do I have enough content to have a relevant presence? Where will that content come from?
- 4. Setting Up an Account iTunes or Play Store Profile photo Description (this is the only place you can put a url) Hashtags
- 5. How to Take a Photo with Instagram Keep in mind, all photos are square Use your phones camera or save photos to your phones photo roll Crop Filters (dont over-filter) Caption Video (possible, not recommended)
- 6. Monitoring and Engagement Tools PhotoRepost (app) Iconosquare (.com) IFTTT (.com)
- 7. Hashtags Help People Find Photos Search out similar accounts Be consistent Reposting (PhotoRepost App)
- 8. Building an Audience Following relevant hashtags Follow influential Instagrammers, make a personal introduction Commenting on relevant photos Promotions Spread the word
- 9. Time Commitment Ideally, post 1-4 photos per day, depending on your audience and message 15 minutes a day finding and commenting on photos to build a community
- 10. Measurement Engagement is most important (comments and likes) Growth in followers Use of a hashtag (Iconosquare) No easy analytics, but adding up doesnt take too long