Ingredients for Success. Positive Attitude Positive Attitude Personal Attire & Dress for Success...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Ingredients for Success. Positive Attitude Positive Attitude Personal Attire & Dress for Success...
- Slide 1
- Ingredients for Success
- Slide 2
- Positive Attitude Positive Attitude Personal Attire & Dress for Success Personal Attire & Dress for Success
- Slide 3
- Exhibit good personal hygiene Taking care of your Health Taking care of your Health
- Slide 4
- Communication Skills Tone of voice Name some emotions?? Nonverbal eye contact, body language, facial expressions Show me an example of + body language Show me an example of body language Word choice Slang words or proper words??
- Slide 5
- Communication Barriers Emotional Barriers: Do you have a connection to the topic of conversation? Physical Barriers: office doors, working areas, personal space. How can cubicles be a barrier? Language Barriers: Do they understand your language or are they learning it? If you dont share the same language, use signs. Gender Barriers: = 7, 000 words = 22,000 words
- Slide 6
- Teamwork The whole is greater than the sum of the parts The whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Reliable Communicates Participant Cooperates Flexible Problem-solver Respectful Supportive Committed
- Slide 7
- Leadership Are you a Chief or an Indian? Do you sit around and wait for others to act? or Do you go and get what you want?
- Slide 8
- What qualities does a Leader possess? Speak clearly Set goals Considerate of opinions Accountable Cooperative Thoughtful Sincerity and Integrity Businesses look for people who arent afraid to take action or try something new
- Slide 9
- Responsibility TTTTime Management: If you are right on time, you are already LATE. BBBBe Prepared: Bring materials for the conference, meeting, or interview. Name a few materials you might bring. OOOOwn up to mistakes. It takes a bigger person to admit when they are wrong.
- Slide 10
- Behavior before you speak to collect thoughts. Its better to speakand composed. After an interview, send a note to the employer for their time. Make sure your body language conveys the same message your words are giving.
- Slide 11
- Are U going toor?? Steps to Problem Solving Identify problem Develop a plan Take action with the plan Evaluate & Reflect upon the action taken
- Slide 12
- Some people say that I am lucky Im not lucky, I just make things happen by taking action. If you want it bad enough, you can get it through perseverance.