Indian oil presentation
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Indian oil presentation
- Content Company Overview Vision and Values Responsibilities and Objectives Operating Structure Products Group Companies Marketing Competitors Financial Analysis Why to invest? Future projects Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR) Conclusion
- Company Overview Indian Refineries Ltd. 1958 Indian Oil Company Ltd. 1959 Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. 1964 Companies merged IOBL 2006 Assam oil company, 1981 IBP Co. Ltd. 2007 BRPL 2009
- VALUES Care Innovation Passion Trust
- Share Holding Pattern 78.92 8.77 4.97 0.88 6.46 % GOI ONCG FI/MF/UTI/Insurance companies FIIS Others(individualand trust)
- RESPONSIBILITIES Towards customers and dealers Towards suppliers Towards employees Towards community Towards Defense Services
- OBJECTIVES To serve the national interests. To ensure maintenance smooth supplies of petroleum products. To enhance the country's self-sufficiency. To create a strong research & development. To maximize utilization of resources.
- FINANCIAL OBJECTIVES To ensure adequate return on the capital employed and maintain a reasonable annual dividend on equity capital. To ensure maximum economy in expenditure. To reduce the cost of production of petroleum products by means of systematic cost control measures and thereby sustain market leadership through cost competitiveness.
- Operating Structure Downstream & Petrochemical Operations Refining Pipeline Transportation Fuel Marketing Research & Development Petrochemicals ....also diversified into E&P, Gas, Wind, Solar, Nuclear Power and Bio-fuels
- PRODUCTS NATURAL GAS PETROL/GASOLINE DIESEL/GAS OIL SERVO LUBRICANTS & GREASE MARINE FUELS & LUBRICANTS CRUDE OIL KEROSENE
- GROUP COMPANIES Storage, terminaling and retail business 157 retail outlets 1/3rdshare in Ceylon Petroleum Storage Terminals Ltd Listed on Colombo Stock Exchange.
- IndianOil (Mauritius) Ltd (IOML), a wholly owned subsidiary company of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd, is the third largest petroleum company in Mauritius. Aviation, terminaling and retail Leader in aviation 24,000 Metric Ton capacity storage Terminal at Port Louis 18 retail outlets
- Marketing of SERVO lube & petroleum products in Middle East, Africa and CIS countries. Exports finished lubes to Oman, Yemen , Bahrain, UAE and Nepal
- Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited (CPCL) is a world class Refining Company with dominant presence in South India. CPCL, formerly known as Madras Refineries Limited (MRL), was formed in 1965 as a joint venture between the Government of India (GOI), and National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC).
- Green Energy from Rural India a dream for clean fuel took shape on 6th February, 2009 when the JV, IndianOil-CREDA Biofuels Ltd. (ICBL) was incorporated for entering the biofuels value chain in the state of Chhattisgarh. IndianOil and Chhattisgarh Renewable Energy Development Agency (CREDA), the nodal agency in Chhattisgarh for promoting renewable energy projects, hold 74 per cent and 26 per cent equity, respectively in this JVC
- Marketing Reaching out, Touching Lives
- Marketing Market leader with 46% market share and 52% market share in terms of infrastructure 45% of the total volume from retail sales; highway RO business accounts for more than 50% of the retail business. Indian Oil's share in the highly competitive lube market increased to 30.8%. With the launch of brand Servo in Bahrain, the brand has now presence in 20 countries. Indian Oil Aviation Service, with 61.8% market share, maintained its leadership position in the business. Highest ever sales of MMT 76.23 67.9 71.4 72.49 5 4.3 3.74 FY11 FY12 FY13 Inland(MMT) Export(MMT)
- Competitors and its Dominance in Downstream Oil Sector
- Financial Analysis
- Total Expenditure and Total Income 288153.81 277756.07 336866.71 401675.68 461779.2 284894.85 263566.39 327697.14 390492.34 444969.7 FY09 FY10 FY11 FY12 FY13 Total Expenditure(In Cr) Total Income(In Cr)
- Expenditure 2013 (In Cr) Manufacturing Expenses, 7071.91 Material Consumed, 404198.23 Administrative Expenses, 14818.15
- Sales (2013) 443230.48 18549.19 Sale(In Cr) Inland Sale(In Cr) Export Sale (In Cr)
- Sales Revenue Refinery 27% pipeline 37% petrochemical 1% petroleum Product 34% Gas 1% Sales 2012-13
- Sales Turnover 261849 250065 303695 373926 414909 0 50000 100000 150000 200000 250000 300000 350000 400000 450000 FY09 FY10 FY11 FY12 FY13 Turnover (In Cr)
- Net Profit 2949 10220 7445 3955 5005 0 2000 4000 6000 8000 10000 12000 FY09 FY10 FY11 FY12 FY13 Net Profit (In Cr)
- Net Profit Margin 0.95 3.74 2.22 0.89 1.11 0 0.5 1 1.5 2 2.5 3 3.5 4 FY09 FY10 FY11 FY12 FY13 Net Profit Margin(%)
- Assets and Liabilities 88975 95119 108066 128201 139445 0 20000 40000 60000 80000 100000 120000 140000 160000 FY09 FY10 FY11 FY12 FY13 Asset (In Cr) Liabilities (In Cr)
- NET WORTH 43998 50553 55332 57877 61124 0 10000 20000 30000 40000 50000 60000 70000 FY09 FY10 FY11 FY12 FY13 Net Worth (In Cr.)
- Current Ratio 1.09 1.19 1.26 1.44 1.5 0 0.2 0.4 0.6 0.8 1 1.2 1.4 1.6 FY09 FY10 FY11 FY12 FY13 Current Ratio= Current Asset Current Liablities
- Debt Equity Ratio 1.02 0.88 0.95 1.3 1.32 0 0.2 0.4 0.6 0.8 1 1.2 1.4 FY09 FY10 FY11 FY12 FY13 Debt Equity Ratio= debt equity
- Earning per Share 12.15 42.1 30.67 16.29 20.61 0 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 45 FY09 FY10 FY11 FY12 FY13 EPS
- Dividend Payout Ratio 17.32 26.98 21.98 15.96 17.25 0 5 10 15 20 25 30 FY09 FY10 FY11 FY12 FY13 Dividend Payout Ratio
- Dividend Per Share 7.5 13 9.5 5 6.2 0 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 FY09 FY10 FY11 FY12 FY13 Dividend per Share
- Why to invest? The income from operations for the financial year 2012-13 rose by 12% to Rs. 447096 cr from Rs. 398477 cr in 2011-12. Indian Oil Corporation posted a profit of Rs. 5,005 cr for the financial year 2012-13 as compared to a profit of Rs. 3,955 cr in the last fiscal year.
- Future Projects Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) will invest about Rs. 8,000 crore to expand capacity at Koyali oil refinery in Gujarat to 18 million tonnes per annum by 2016-17 It is also looking at expanding its Haldia refinery capacity to 8 million tonnes from 7.5 million tonnes. It is also building a 15 million tonne new refinery at Paradip in Orissa by 2015-16.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Health & Medical Care: IndianOil Sachal Swasthya Seva, IndianOil-TATA Care Centre - Kolkata etc. Education: Assam Oil School of Nursing, IndianOil Sports Scholarship Scheme etc. IndianOil Foundation: Preserves and promote the national heritage in collaboration with GOI LPG Scheme: One-time grant to below poverty line (BPL) families for release of new LPG connection National Cause/Natural calamities: Provide aid and relief to the victims of natural calamities.
- Conclusion IOC is one of the most leading company in India dealing in petrochemical and products. Though it has seen downfall in past couple of years it has still shown a constant growth in the market. It is also coming up with new projects, and a substantial growth is expected till 2017.
- Bibliography http://www.moneycontrol.com/financials/ind ianoilcorporation http://money.rediff.com/companies/Indian- Oil-Corporation-Ltd/12140022 http://www.iocl.com/InvestorCenter.aspx http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Oil_Corp oration http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/indian -oil-corporation- ltd/profitandlose/companyid-11924.cms
- Group Members Punam Biswas 13050 Sayalee Deore 13061 Tanmay Gattani 13074 Kaustubbhi Chaturvedi 13093 Ashish Jain - 13096