Increasing Conversion: Tips, Tricks, & Tools
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Increasing Conversion: Tips, Tricks, & Tools
- 1. Conversion AnalysisTips, Tricks, & Tools to Increase Website Conversion 7/18/12 Quincy Herrold
- 2. Billboards.
- 3. What is the goal? Increase conversion rate
- 4. Why do you need to do it? 1. All sites have a conversion problem. 2. Paid (and organic) traffic is going to continue to get more competitive. 3. Testing software is highly available these days (some are even free).
- 5. Usability. You arent listening to your visitors Your sites page takes too long to load Your site does not follow standard Web conventions
- 6. Design. Youve buried important information Your home page is ALL over the place Your site just doesnt look professional
- 7. Copy. Youre not offering a call to action (CTA) Your messages arent clear You dont repeat vital points often enough
- 8. Trust. Visitors have no idea how to contact you Youre asking for too much information You have no evidence to support your claims
- 9. Usability Testing Feedback Army
- 10. Clickmapping Crazy Egg 1. Heatmap 2. Scrollmap 3. Confetti 4. Overlay
- 11. Heatmap Tool
- 12. Scrollmap Tool
- 13. Confetti Tool
- 14. Overlay Tool
- 15. Google Website Optimizer = Content Experiments June 1 Content Experiments introduced August 1 Google Website Optimizer will be gone
- 16. Content Experiments- Where is it?
- 17. Content Experiments Test Headlines/headers Images/icons Text Calls to action (CTA) Page layout
- 18. One Key Change Before A/B Multivariate Now A/B/C/D/E
- 19. Results
- 20. Dont worry about Not knowing which test sample will win. Temporarily lowering your conversion rate. The test taking time.
- 21. Take Away Always be testing
- 22. Questions? Resources http://websiteoptimizer.blogspot.com/ http://www.conversion-rate-experts.com/cro-tips/ http://blog.kissmetrics.com/loading-time/ http://www.insidecrm.com/features/50-ways-discourage- conversion-040808/