IE application 2014 - Essay K - If all of the world´s cultural heritage (sports, music,...
Embed Size (px)
This presentation brings out the role India has played in contributing to the world - it focuses mainly on yoga and meditation which are now being widely practiced all over the world.
Transcript of IE application 2014 - Essay K - If all of the world´s cultural heritage (sports, music,...
- Culture of India
- K. If all of worlds cultural heritage was to be captured in a time capsule, what would you include to demonstrate the legacy of your country. While every country has offered greatly to this world, I have always felt blessed to be born in a country which is so rich in its cultural heritage. As it has been formed from an amalgamation of several cultures - from various religions to their unity, from literature to medicine, from festivals to spirituality, from arts to mathematics, from music to sports, from sacred texts to inventions, from different cuisines to architecture, there is so much India has offered, there is so much to experience.
- Bella India! Oh, so many gifts! India has been a great contributor to the world in terms of mathematics, economy, science, literature but one of my favourite contributions of India is the gift of Yoga and Meditation.
- Exercize! Exercize! No extra fries! We all have our favourite exercizes. After having tried quite some forms of exercizes since the age of 14, I stumbled upon yoga five years back.
- What is yoga?? Yoga is a holistic way of living, yoga goes much beyond poses. and is a 5000 year old Indian body of knowledge. It is all about harmonizing the body with the mind and the spirit. Sometimes in our life we are placed on a path without our consent, sometimes no matter how strong we feel we are, there are instances which brings us down to our knees yoga helps us in dealing with circumstances. The poses coupled with the breathing techniques helps in a natural shift of our outlook on life and a deepening of the perception of who we are and what we want to do with our lives.
- What makes yoga different?? Main purpose of yogasana is to control the mind Practicing asanas for a long period makes the mind learns to be steady in all situations Yogasanas also improve the neuro- muscular system and the endocrinal system, which controls our reactions in cases of perceived stress
- My favourite yoga pose: I have been practicing yoga for five years and my favourite yoga is definitely the Surya Namaskar (known in the west as Sun Salutation). In India, we consider Sun as a deity and this yoga is a way of honouring and showing our gratitude to the Sun for being the source of light. It is the most comprehensive yoga pose and impacts every organ of the body. It has also been said to develop sixth sense.
- Everyone lovesssss yoga The popularity of yoga has been growing rapidly. It is overwhelming to see people in the West adopting yoga with so much love and sincerity which sometimes even Indians cannot match up to.
- Meditation: Food for the soul Meditation is a means of transforming our mind, our mind oscillates between the past and the future. It is either in the past occupied with what has happened or in the future thinking about what you have to do. There are many things in life that are beyond our control. However, it is possible to take responsibility for our own states of mind and to change them for the better. Since stress starts in the mind and slowly its effects can be seen on the body as well, it is very important to address this issue at the mind level. This can be done with meditation.
- I am extremely grateful to Indian Vedas for this knowledge they have given to the world to deal with situations at a level way beyond our physical body. Yoga and meditation truly demonstrates the legacy of my country.
- Yoga and meditation at IE I would love to be part of social clubs which let me introduce and practice Yoga and meditation at IE. I would like to help fellow participants calm down with yoga and meditation after a fast paced tiring day/week.