Hummer Final 98 (1)
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Hummer Final 98 (1)
- Presented by
- Group No.: A4
- Saroja R__
- Kunal Sabharwal03
- Sandeep Pawar__
2. 3. Introduction
- One of the product of GM, founded in 1908 & headquarters in US.
- As of 2008, GM employs about 266,000 employees
- Manufactures cars & trucks in 35 different countries
- GM Brands consists of Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GM Daewoo, GMC, Holden, Hummer, Opel, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn, Vauxhall, and Wuling.
4. Introduction Cont
- Hummer derived in continuation fromHigh Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle HMMWV or Humveesas called by soldiers.
- The first civilian version of white Hum-Vees were driven from London to Beijing over the rough roads of centralSovient Union.
- Originally built byAM General Corporation
- Created for theUnited States armed forces.
- First model, is the Hum-Vee
- In 1980 the first prototype -High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle was created.
First Prototype Vehicle 6. History Cont
- The first civilian High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle, entered the market in 1991 and soon become popular.
- One of the first civilian owners of a Hummer was Arnold Schwarzenegger
- In 2003, the Hummer H2 a smaller version of the Hummer H1 entered the market
- In 2005, The Hummer was released, H3 is even smaller than the Hummer H2 and marketed as a midsized SUV
First HMMWV 7. Hummer H1 Largetruck/SUV
- The first car in the Hummer Range, was theHummer
- H1based on theHigh Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled
- Originally released in 1992, this vehicle was designed by
- American Motors ' AM General subsidiary for the U.S.
HUMMERProduct Range 8.
- The Hummer H2 is the second vehicle in the Hummer range.
- There are two models available: H2 SUV and H2 SUT.
- It is a large truck (lighter and slightly slimmer than
- theHummer H1, while slightly longer and slightly taller)
- with room for six passengers.
- Class:Full-size SUV
Hummer H2 HUMMERProduct Range Cont... 9. T he H3 is the smallest of the Hummer, H3 was introduced in 2006 and based on the concept of compact pickup trucks. H3 Hummer models is the first to be builtby GM.HUMMERH3 models come inH3,H3X, H3 Alpha HUMMERProduct Range Cont... Hummer H3 10. Industrial Analysis
- As of 2009, General Motors is the ninth largest
- publicly traded company in the world with brands likeChevrolet, Daewoo, GMC, Holden, Hummer, Opel, Pontiac, Saab.
- In recent years the company has endured significant financial turmoil, including a 38 billion dollar loss in 2008
11. STP Profile SEGMENTATION : Hummer's target market segment cannot be very large because of the high price of the vehicle.Hummer's market segment consists of males between the ages of 25 and 44 who earn over $100,000 a year. 12. STP Profile TARGETING : Hummer's market is divided into four categories The realist,The discerner, The conqueror,&The adventurer 13. The realist considers Hummer for its practical purposes, and will therefore make use of the vehicle's off-road prowess The discerner isa connoisseur for thefiner things in life, who appreciates Hummer's status, but is unlikely to go off-roading.The conqueror is a successful person who wants people to know it, who appreciates Hummer for its exclusivity and attention grabbing looks.The adventurer , who wants to take the Hummer off-road.STP Profile 14. STP Profile POSITIONING: Positioned as a Like Nothing Else . Hummerrepresents both a rediscovery and reinterpretation of what the adventurer always wanted in vehicle during a drive on rough road,water. 15. Product Strategy
- Operating Segments:
- B 2 B :The government / military / US Army fleets.
- Consumer:a civilian vehicle
- Licensing agreements :
- For the use of the Hummer name-with Converse to market rugged footwear and with Timex to produce a Hummer watch. .
- In the Middle East, they have an established dealer network
- Organizational product
- Currently there are seven different civilian models available at more than 40 Hummer dealerships in the United States and 12 international distributors.
Product Strategy 17. Product Strategy HUMMERs MODIFIED AMBULANCE Its called HUMMER Extreme Rescue Vehicle it signalled the start of a new age for rescue services in the World.With the HUMMERs capabilities, there is no place this vehicle cannot travel just as a rescue service vehicle is expected to do. 18.
- HUMMERis brand that promote itself .
- Radio stations, music videos, Hollywood blockbusters, famous politician , actors, sports figures and more to the HUMMER brand to promote and project an image of themselves. SoHUMMERgets its fair of free publicity.
- Hummer exceptionally powerful advertising and most awarded advertising in the world, become synonymous with the HUMMER name and are creating a brand that is truly Like Nothing Else.
Brand Strategy 19. Brand Strategy
- HUMMER choose the South Africa national rugby player as brand ambassadorships.
- HUMMER thinks one star performer deserves another this much the nation expects and accepts. HUMMERs outstanding performance on and off the road is a worthy match for Burgers spectacular sportsmanship.
Schalk BurgerHUMMER Brand Ambasador 20. Brand Strategy
- HUMMER brings you its fashion apparel and accessories that will further entrench this identity.
- Every piece of genuine HUMMER apparel and accessory is built for a distinct purpose and represents the same extreme durability and bold style as the vehicle whose name it bears.
- The HUMMER collection offers all the unique versatility and functionality you have come to expect from the brand.
HUMMER Clothing Fashion with attitude 21. Brand Strategy 22. ADD Communication & Advt. Strategy 23. Communication & Advt. Strategy Communicatesthe brand message through advertising, sponsorships, in-store environment and on-line experience. 24. Communication & Advt. Strategy Giving Customer to Build the Vehicle according to their choice 25. Communication & Advt. Strategy To boost this image, General Motors also sponsors the athletes for Olympic 26. Communication & Advt. Strategy Promotion strategy for the Hummerat Auto Show 27. Communication & Advt. Strategy Promotion strategy for the Hummer H3Tsport utility vehicle 28. Thank You!!!