How to choose an online casino
Embed Size (px)
Step by step guide on how to choose the best online casino that fit your needs. This guide is not only meant for beginners but also meant for advanced players, mentioning rich resource about online casinos that offer mobile gaming, trustworthy licensing, reputation, customer support as well as download vs. instant play casinos.
Transcript of How to choose an online casino
- How to Choose an Online Casino Here are The Fundamental Steps to Follow in Order to Choose the Best Online Casinos Contents: Chapter 1: List Your Needs Pg 3 Chapter 2: Take Note of Where You Live Pg 3 Chapter 3: Reputation Pg 4 Chapter 4: Is It Licensed? Pg 4 Chapter 5: Security Pg 4 Chapter 6: Is It Fair? Pg 5 Chapter 7: Bonuses and Promotions Pg 5 Chapter 8: The Games Pg 6 Chapter 9: Mobile Gaming Pg 7 Chapter 10: Download vs. Instant Play Casinos Pg 8 Chapter 11: Customer Support Pg 8
- 2 Introduction: The sheer number of online casinos out there can make picking the right one a daunting task, particularly for those who arent quick to hand out their banking information to just anyone, or others who want to make sure that they stand a fair chance of winning with each bet. The truth is that picking a great casino isnt difficult when you know what you want and you know what to look for, so it is best to start there. One of the easiest ways to determine if you should stay away from a casino is to check whether it is black-listed. Sites that void players winnings without cause, or take too long to pay out (or dont pay out at all) will end up on these lists. When reading through casino reviews, be sure to keep a lookout for these sites. With that being said, there are plenty of great quality casinos that offer fair payout rates, top notch security and unrivalled customer service you just need to know how to pick them. Chapter 1: List Your Needs Do you have a favorite game? Are you looking to take advantage of a live baccarat game or an exciting new video slot? Would you prefer not to download the casino in order to start playing? It doesnt matter how specific your needs are, you need to list them to ensure that you can point out the casino that will be able to meet with all of these demands. Whats the point of finding a great casino that doesnt offer your favorite game, or picking one with great bonuses but doesnt offer a live chat option?
- 3 When you know what you want, youll find it easier to locate it. Chapter 2: Take Note of Where You Live Not all casinos are available to individuals throughout the world. If you live in the USA, for example, you might find that many casinos are unable to cater to you because of the specific laws that apply to online gambling within this country. Luckily, it is easy to determine which casinos restrict which countries; these are usually listed quite clearly on reviews. Chapter 3: Reputation A casinos reputation means a lot, especially since players can now share their experiences with millions of people through the medium of the internet in a matter of minutes. If a casinos reputation isnt all that great, there could be a reason for this and it is usually a good idea to look a bit deeper into why people arent supporting that specific establishment. You might find that they come up with excuses not to pay out their winners, or that they just dont have the customer service levels they boast. How do you find out about the reputation of an online casino? There are two ways you can go about this; read through reviews or visit online forums where players share this sort of
- 4 information with each other. Take care when youre looking for this information, however, since you will inevitably come across complaints that are made by customers who are unhappy with the service they received from an online casino; it is how these complaints are dealt with by the casino that makes all of the difference. If the casino goes out of their way to try and resolve the issue, this speaks highly to their customer service. Chapter 4: Is It Licensed? There are currently a few jurisdictions that license many of the online casinos, including Malta, Isle of Man, Gibraltar and Alderney, among others. This isnt an exhaustive list, so dont be put off if you find a casino licensed in an area not listed here. Casinos that are licensed are those that have complied with the requirements of the licensing jurisdiction in order to obtain the license. Make sure a casino is licensed before spending a dime within their virtual walls or you could end up handing your banking details to a fraudster in online casino clothing. Chapter 5: Security
- 5 Security is integral to any player looking for a safe experience when playing online. A secure site isnt just one that has technologies protecting their banking information as they deposit to and from their account, but these sites also install technology that protects the information that is stored by the casino, about the players. Good security starts with 128-bit SSL encryption technology, but it doesnt stop there. Casinos should also have firewalls in place to protect itself from third parties who might attempt to gain access to the sites servers. Security isnt something you want to compromise on, so make sure this is one of the first factors you consider when choosing an online casino. Chapter 6: Is It Fair? People dont just play at online casinos because they enjoy the games they also play in order to stand the chance of winning something. No one should play at a casino for the sole purpose of winning, but standing the chance of walking away with something makes the game all the more exciting. One of the questions that many players ask when signing up with a new site is whether they stand a fair
- 6 chance of actually winning, or whether it is possible for the casino to rig the games in some way to ensure they lose. This is where companies such as eCOGRA and iTech Labs come in, because it is their job to ensure that all play is fair and regulated. Casinos that make use of software such as RNGs (random number generators) will turn to eCOGRA and iTech Labs for testing so that they can be certified as fair and safe by these organizations. It is the responsibility of the players to determine whether the site on which they are playing makes use of this software and is certified by the appropriate bodies. Chapter 7: Bonuses and Promotions A good bonus can draw players from all corners of the internet, but since just about all casinos offer them, how do you set a good bonus apart from the rest? Start off by finding out about the different types of bonuses a casino will potentially offer, then look into the finer details of each one. 1. Sign Up Bonuses If you dont get a bonus for signing up with an online casino, you might want to reconsider signing up at all. Signup bonuses can be deposit or free bonuses and they range from a $100 to thousands. Keep in mind that the larger bonuses tend to be match bonuses, which means youll need to deposit a certain amount in order to receive the bonus. 2. Reload Bonus
- 7 Reload bonuses are offered to players who return to a casino. These bonuses might be small or they could match the signup bonuses; it all depends on the casino. The Finer Details Just about all bonuses come with terms and conditions. These conditions outline the wagering requirements (how many times a bonus and deposit need to be wagered before a player can withdraw their winnings), as well as any other requirement that needs to be met before a player can withdraw their winnings. Not all casinos offer fair terms and conditions and this is one of the most important things a player will need to look out for. Wagering requirements vary and could end up forcing a player to wager their bonus and deposit more than 45x before they can make a withdrawal. What is more, players will be limited to certain games that count towards these wagering requirements. Because of these terms and conditions, players shouldnt simply focus on how great the bonuses and promotions being advertised by the site; they should take the terms and conditions into account before making any decisions. Chapter 8: The Games Different casinos offer different games and this is, partly, because they are built on different software platforms. Betsoft, for example, specializes in 3D slots, so the players that tend to be attracted to these games will be those who appreciate graphics and consider this facet to be an
- 8 important aspect of their gaming experience. Microgaming, on the other hand, specializes in poker. This most certainly doesnt mean that Microgaming isnt a great platform to turn to for slots, but it does mean that players who are particularly interested in poker might have a much better experience when playing through a Microgaming casino. Many review sites list their casinos by software platform and this makes it easy to seek out those sites that will best suit your needs. The trick is to take a bit of time to get to know the various casinos on the market and then make a decision about which ones will suit your needs best. Chapter 9: Mobile Gaming Mobile gaming is becoming more and more popular these days because it allows players the chance to access their online casino accounts and play games from just about anywhere. Do They Offer Mobile Gaming? Not all casinos offer a mobile gaming platform, which is why players will want to make sure they choose correctly. Players should start off by determining which sites offer mobile gaming, before taking the time to find out whether their mobile device will be compatible with the platform. These days, most sites are compatible with Android and iPhone software, but this is not something a player will want to take for granted.
- 9 Fishing for Bonuses Just as a player should never sign up with a casino wit