Herald Sun Digital Subscriptions
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Herald Sun Digital Subscriptions
- 1. Herald Sun delivering deeper online journalism
- 2. Delivering an enhanced digital experienceOur core business is and always will be journalism however consumers needs are changing. Readers aremigrating from print to digital.Our audience want to be consuming exclusive content that gives them the inside scoop. This content is a stepup on the freely available journalism across the globe. This deeper, richer content requires a greaterinvestment in resources and journalism.In March 2012 the Herald Sun will become the first mass market, daily newspaper in Australia to offer premiumsubscriber-only content.Amidst an infinite sea of digital information, migrators are seeking trusted sources that provide a strongersense of belonging and connection to their community.The Herald Sun will give readers an even deeper and richer experience of the stories that make them proud tobe Victorian.
- 3. Nov10 March 12 March12 Launch Launch Launch iPad Apps premium new premium mobile apps websiteThe Herald Sun has offered paid digital products since November 2010, taking advantage of the momentumaround tablets.Were excited to release an m-site on the day we launch premium online content.The launch of our premium online content will coincide with a completely revised website that was designed withthree core principles in mind:1. Beautiful, clean and modern user experience,2. Design which falls away and lets the content leap off the page ; and3. Tablet-friendly user interface. 3
- 4. What this means for readersBreaking news, wire stories, broad-interest stories and any content that is widely available with other digitalpublishers will be available to all users.But only our subscribers will be able to access the large amount of unique content including exclusive interviewsand analysis.Subscription will give access to all content on: Website Tablet Mobile
- 5. What it will look like heraldsun.com.auThe new design of the Herald Sun website will feature a fresh new layout and enhanced functionality offering amore interactive, user-friendly and engaging experience.CONTENT: More exclusive, in-depth content across keyenvironments, plus new sections; TrueCrime, and Live MatchHQ.DESIGN: Simpler, more elegant navigation and presentation,amplifying the depth and richness of the Herald Suns contentacross all digital platformsFUNCTIONALITY: Enhanced functionality will include greatersocial engagement and sharing.PLATFORMS: A consistent user journey across desktop, tabletand our new mobile platforms
- 6. What it will look like heraldsun.com.au m-siteVictorias best source of news, sport and entertainment now at the fingertips of people who are on the move,not always in front of a PC, but want to be informed.CONTENT: All the latest information from News, SuperFooty,Sport, Entertainment and Business, as well as live AFL scores.DESIGN: Simpler, more elegant navigation and presentation,amplifying the smaller screen and load times of all pages.
- 7. What it will look like TrueCrimeThis new online crime and justice news mini-site will feature the latest and most compelling coverage of crime inVictoria. The site will include breaking news as well as in-depth analysis, investigations, expert blogs, videos,interactive material and maps.THE INVESTIGATOR: Charlie Bezzina was one of Victorias tophomicide cops and spent 37 years solving crime. As big casesbreak hell give you an insiders view on how the investigationwill unfold, including live reports from the crime scene.LAW AND JUSTICE BLOG: Top lawyers, social commentatorsand the Herald Suns best crime and legal writers will blogdaily on topical court, crime and justice issues.COLD CASE/CASE FILES: Award-winning journalist RussellRobinson reopens the unsolved cases detectives have longforgotten, unmasking 70-year-old killers and delving intosome of the biggest mysteries of the past.
- 8. What it will look like - Live Match HQAiming to be Australias No.1 second screen experience for AFL matches. A fully interactive match centreincluding scores, stats, fixture, live chats, SuperCoach points, news, video and social media interaction.LIVE SUPERCOACH SCORES: The only place to get liveSuperCoach points for every player in the match and yourSuperCoach team. Track your score against your opponents.COACHES BOX STATS: Champion Data will give us the statsthe AFL coaches see during the match. No other mediacoverage will contain these.PLAY-BY-PLAY: Live play-by-play visualisation of the matchas it unfolds. Watch the ball being kicked from one end ofthe ground to the other with SuperCoach scores attached toeach point.LIVE CHAT: Chat live with Herald Sun experts during everymatchFANS BROWNLOW: Users vote after every match, withresults published in-paper. Weekly updates and end of yearpresentation to the player that claims this award.
- 9. Your options