Health benefits of dha fish oil
Embed Size (px)
Now find out the truth about DHA fish oil. What are the benefits and how do you get the best supplements?
Transcript of Health benefits of dha fish oil
- 1. Health Benefits of DHA Fish Oilhttp://VitaminsandHealthSupplements.com
- 2. The Truth About Fish Oil You have probably heard, numerous times, that fish oil is good for you. What many people dont seem to realize is that it is not just fish oil, but the right kind. There are, particularly, three letters you should look for.
- 3. The three letters to look for in a fish oil supplement areYes, DHA, which stands for docosahexaenoic acid. This is themost important fatty acid, without which will not get the realbenefits of taking a fish oil supplement.
- 4. What is DHA fish oil? There are basically three types of omega-3 fatty acids; DHA, EPA and ALA. DHA stands for docosahexaenoic acid. EPA and ALA stand for eicosapentaenoic acid and alpha-linolenic acid respectively. DHA and EPA are derived from cold water fish and sea food. ALA is derived from plant sources such as flaxseeds, canola and walnuts.
- 5. DHA is considered the most important of the three fatty acids. It is an important and major component of the human brain, retina of the eyes, sperm and testicles. DHA occurs naturally in breast milk is important for healthy development of infants, physically as well as mentally.
- 6. Benefits of DHA Pregnancy: DHA may help improve brain development of the fetus as well as the nervous system. Also, it may help improve eye development as well as skin health. Blood Clotting: DHA is a natural blood-thinner. Having thin blood is often good for those individuals with heart problems or high cholesterol. Blood clots can lead to disability or death.
- 7. DHA fish oil may help promote proper development ofthe unborn child
- 8. Childhood Development: Providing your child the adequate amounts of DHA can yield the same amazing benefits when the DHA fish oil is taken during pregnancy. These include neurological development as well as improved eyesight. Some studies actually indicate that omega-3 DHA might help improve reading skills in children.
- 9. Children in class: Some studies indicate thatsupplementing with DHA may help improve readingskills
- 10. More About DHA Benefits Cardiovascular Benefits: DHA may help increase the presence of the good cholesterol (known as HDL) in the blood. Therefore, the DHA fish oil supplements are usually prescribed to patients who just had a heart attack or stroke to lessen their chances of experiencing another attack.
- 11. Mental Health: DHA, being an amazing fatty acid, may be capable of being a deterrent to Alzheimers disease. However, it cannot stop the disease once it has started. It may also be capable of lowering your chances of experiencing depression.
- 12. Inflammation: DHA fish oil has powerful anti- inflammatory properties and is often recommended for relief of rheumatoid arthritis, joint pain and stiffness.
- 13. Choosing a Supplement There are many DHA fish oil brands out there, some good and others that you will want to stay away from. Go for a supplement with high DHA content. The product should contain more DHA than EPA. Source of the fish oil should be listed on the label. Ensure the company is reputable.
- 14. For more about DHA fish oil check out: Best Fish Oilhttp://vitaminsandhealthsupplements.com/best-fish-oil-pills/