HDPalooza App Demo - Meaningful Use Data Viz
Embed Size (px)
My main stage presentation at the fifth annual Health Datapalooza. Feel free to email me at email@example.com with any questions! Uses Ruby/MongoDB for data ingestion and analysis; hosted on Heroku/AWS.
Transcript of HDPalooza App Demo - Meaningful Use Data Viz
- Visualizing Meaningful Use Progress An open data project for ONC-funded Indiana Health IT Mark Silverberg / @Skram
- Impetus The State of Indiana wanted to show the excellent and ongoing progress Indiana has made in the adoption of EHRs and the economic impact it has had on the state. By visualizing the data, we let everyone take a look at how the state is doing.
- Use Cases Local government view and generate reports through graph and data exports Hospital & medicalassociationscan track members adherence by name or geograph Providerscan nd peers who might be willing to help Health IT companies can use this data for sales and marketing Consumers can search for a provider to nd quality and patient satisfaction scores and follow links to more in-depth information.
- Multiple Datasets CMS.gov Recipients of Medicare EHR Incentive Program Payments CSV reports Indiana Medicaid EHR Incentive reports (once PDF, now open data CSVs) CMS.gov Medicare Physician Compare (Socrata Open Data Portal) CMS.gov Medicare Hospital Compare which includes HCAHPS data (Socrata) CMS.gov Hospital Form 2552-10 which includes bed counts and discharge #s BloomAPI.com - a developer friendly way to access NPPES data Link to Joint Commission quality reports when possible
- Users can see the information as a map or exportable charts and lter by several elds to nd insights and opportunity
- @skram | firstname.lastname@example.org ! Thank you! The site is live at http://in.muprogress.com Ill be at the Apps Demo Booth 2:30-3:00 today" 12:30-1:00 tomorrow demoing Google Glass" Also come to the OpenFDA API talk tomorrow at 3pm!