Harmonious volunteer center orientation presentation 2014
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Harmonious volunteer center orientation presentation 2014
I am Irvin B. Shannon and as the Executive Director of the Harmonious Volunteer Center, I wear many hats of responsibilities.
I serve at the pleasure of many organizations in an advisory capacity and ensure that the Mission of the Harmonious Volunteer Center is maintained.
You have been invited here to become a recipient participant with the Harmonious Volunteer Center and
as such you are Welcomed.
The Harmonious Volunteer Center (HVC) was founded on the premise of a natural order of growth and development.
Established with the Logo presented here which represents a strong grassroots organization with successful programming to improve quality of life issues in
disadvantaged areas of civil society and thus implementing it’s
“Providing Community Service; Volunteer Training Systems; and Assistance To Community Based organizations”
Our HVC perception is that rooted into mother earth are the elements to grow a parent organization that can be reproduced thus sprouting new growth of independent
community based organizations that can replicate successful programming that is beneficial to the recipient populations that are being served.
The Harmonious Volunteer Center adopted a second logo to help identify Volunteers participating in various programs
Since January, 1998 when founded the Harmonious Volunteer Center has been busy with Name Branding to incorporate the organization’s name into a household word for the multiple recipients that the organization has been able to assist.
Today, January, 2014 the Harmonious Volunteer Center is known on a Local, National, and International scale. Thousands of individuals have been served either directly by our organizational programs or indirectly through the assistance we provide to community based organizations.
Our generic website:
helps to clarify the works and efforts of the Harmonious Volunteer Center in layman’s terms. It also helps to identify various associations, partnerships, and relationships obtained over the years through positive collaborative engagements.
The Vision of the Harmonious Volunteer Center
is an on-going one with flexible priorities
• Building New (State of the Arts) Community Centers in Urban Environments incorporates all of the elements of the Mission of the Harmonious Volunteer Center.
1. Citizen Engagement
2. Community Organizing
3. Self Empowerment and Organizational Autonomy
4. Business Building Elements
5. Skill Training and Qualified Job Readiness Programs
6. Augmentation for Formal Training of Educational Institutions
7. Establishing Community Pride of joint participation
8. Providing Alternative Energy Sources for Environmental Justice
9. Alternative to the National General Assistance programs
10. Creation of Economic Revenue Streaming to reduce individual debt
Mini Grant Program Designed by the Harmonious Volunteer Center
January 2014, Irvin B. Shannon, Executive Director announced the organization’s ability to provide discretionary funds to community based organizations to supplement their financial abilities to serve their populations. The Mini-Grant program is a Joint Fund Raising Effort established in good faith under a Memorandum of Understanding between the organizations.
The Harmonious Volunteer Center projects $20 (million dollars) will be raised nationally in a 12 month period and $14 (million dollars) will be distributed in the form of Mini Grants.
For information and or to get involved, contact: Irvin B. Shannon, Executive Director, Harmonious Volunteer Center, 2703 West Silver Street,
Philadelphia, PA 19132 Telephone: 267-595-5278 Email: [email protected]
Self Sufficient - Self ReliantSelf Sustaining
Programs That Put Americans Back To Work is the
Harmonious Volunteer Center
I present you with a Challenge
• I give you 30 days to Obtain a team of 75 Volunteers who will perform the collecting of 100 pair of shoes each;
• within a 30 day period. Starting as of May 1st to May 30th you will obtain your volunteers. Starting as of June 1st to June 30th your team will collect shoes
at a daily average of 4 pair of shoes per day.
• Upon your success on or about July 1st we will ship the collected shoes to a pre-determined location and on or about July 30th we will be able to award you with a Mini-Grant of $1,000.00 for your achievement.
Are you up to the Challenge?I will provide Training Assistance with helpful tips and support your efforts with
You Determine How You Will Use and Distribute Your Mini Grant
• Shop at our Equal Dollars Outlets
• Pay Off Personal Debts
• Share with others in need
• Go to Dinner
• Take a Trip
• Invest in a new business