Growth mindset mtg
of 34 /34
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Growth mindset mtg
- 1. Fixed Mindset Growth Mindset Initial ideas
- 2. Everyone knows that when you lift weights, your muscles get bigger and you get stronger. A person who cant lift 20 pounds when they start exercising can get strong enough to lift 100 pounds after working out for a long time. Thats because the muscles become larger and stronger with exercise. And when you stop exercising, the muscles shrink and you get weaker. Thats why people say Use it or lose it! But most people dont know that when they practice and learn new things, parts of their brain change and get larger a lot like muscles do when they exercise.
- 3. Fixed Mindset Growth Mindset Thoughts after watching the video
- 4. Be an optimist. Look on the bright side, and expect good things to happen. Tune in to your inner voice, and use positive self- talk. Build a skill. Learn what you need to do to improve, and then practice! If you need help with any of these skills, find a supportive peer or adult who will offer you the help you need.
- 5. The Dot is a beautiful story about a girl named Vashti who is encouraged by her teacher to take a risk. Vashti does not believe she can draw. She is filled with self-doubt until her teacher gently persuades her to, just make a mark and see where it takes you. This inspirational story shows how one reluctant learner gains self-esteem with just one dot.
- 6. https://ideas.classdojo.com/b/growth-mindset
- 7. Dear Lord, Help us to understand that we need to work hard to stretch our brains, and to know that every time we practise something, we are training our brains and helping them grow. Help us to understand that learning is not always easy and that we should never give up when things get tricky. Help us to challenge ourselves and not be afraid of making mistakes. Give us the courage to keep trying and learn from any further mistakes so that we can climb up the learning slope. Then, give us the determination and confidence to challenge ourselves further and go back into the learning pit to learn even more. Lord, help us to be the best that we can be. Thanks be to God. Amen