GPS Fleet Tracking Brochure
Transcript of GPS Fleet Tracking Brochure
TRACK YOUR FLEET
with Advanced GPS Fleet Tracking
GPS INSIGHT OFFERS YOU...complete insight into all aspects of your fleet operations. Our GPS tracking solution provides real-time location, unlimited history, engine diagnostics, comprehensive reports and alerts, routing, and messaging - all immediately available and at your fingertips, using a simple and intuitive interface.
Are your needs unique? Concerned about expensive customization? GPS Insight provides a highly flexible GPS fleet tracking solution which includes a wide range of customizable reports, alerts, and other features that can be tailored to fit your specific requirements. This ensures a quick implementation which will be tailored to your exact needs, which then generates significant and immediate return on investment. And if you need more, just ask! We continually add features and functionalities based on customer requests!
THE GPS INSIGHT DIFFERENCEOur SoftwareGPS Insight’s competitive edge is our web-based software. We specialize in software development and are continually advancing our highly customizable and user-friendly platform based on customer requests. Most GPS companies do not embrace customer requests the way GPS Insight does, and we were specifically founded in 2004 based on this premise. Every year, GPS Insight provides and improves upon the most technologically advanced GPS fleet tracking solution on the market.
Customizable Reports and AlertsWe go far beyond the typical speeding and idling reports which other fleet tracking companies have. GPS Insight offers a wide range of customizable reports, alerts, maps, and other features designed to meet your most challenging requirements. No one else in the fleet tracking industry provides as many valuable and in-depth reports as GPS Insight. We always welcome customer input and requests. The majority of our solution’s capabilities have come from the input of our customers. We have provided many same-day customizations for customers, and most requests are completed within a week.
Unlimited Vehicle HistoryGPS Insight keeps all of our customers’ data indefinitely. Most competitors only provide 3-6 months of historical data. You can use your “full history” for trend analysis, historical job costing, or to prove service long after it was provided to your customer.
Top Customer ServiceOur customer support representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. All of our customer support is handled in-house, from our US-based locations. We stand behind our product more than any other GPS provider you will find. See for yourself by contacting us for a free demo today!
More info at gpsinsight.com
GPS Insight Main Menu
More info at gpsinsight.com 3
GPS TRACKING HARDWAREGPS Insight takes the best GPS hardware available today and adds the technology and usability enhancements which fleet-based companies demand. Our tracking solution fulfills the following needs:
• Basic “GPS Only” Vehicle Tracking• Enhanced Tracking with Switches & Sensors• Garmin Navigation and Messaging Integration• Tracking with Remote Engine Diagnostics
• Heavy Equipment/Asset Tracking• Freight Tracking• Trailer Tracking• Remote Employee Tracking
THE BENEFITS OF FLEET TRACKINGA real-time GPS fleet tracking solution can provide important benefits for companies of any size, in any industry. Discover a more efficient dispatch as well as the detection and prevention of labor fraud, speeding, idling, unauthorized vehicle usage, and more. Here are a few of the most common benefits immediately experienced:
Reduce Fuel CostsReduce fuel costs by dispatching more efficiently based on real-time location, as well as by eliminating wasteful idling, speeding, unauthorized vehicle usage, and by optimizing routes.
Improve Fleet SafetyDrivers are more responsible when they know their activity is being recorded. In case of an emergency, their whereabouts can be determined immediately. GPS Insight also provides an optional panic alert capability.
Bill Your Customers More AccuratelyDetailed reports allow you to determine and defend the exact amount of time to invoice a customer. This helps to streamline billing and eliminate customer disputes.
Reduce Labor CostsDispatch more efficiently, ensure driver accountability, and verify hours worked.
Greener FleetReduce and quantify your carbon footprint by eliminating idling and inefficient or unnecessary driving behaviors.
Extend the Life of Your FleetSchedule, track, and receive alerts for scheduled maintenance. Our diagnostic device provides remote DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) alerts to ensure you are aware of engine problems before they become more costly.
Cut Your Fleet Size & CostsUtilization reports help you properly allocate your assets to avoid purchasing new vehicles. The additional efficiency GPS tracking affords may enable your organization to do more with fewer vehicles or drivers.
Theft RecoveryAlerts and maps help you to proactively identify and combat vehicle theft.
Improve Response TimesDispatch and communicate with the closest driver via SMS text message or Garmin.
DASHBOARD INTERFACEThe GPS Insight client interface is quick, simple and infinitely configurable. With just a few clicks, you can run any report or map for a single vehicle, a group of vehicles, or your entire fleet. Schedule reports, set up alerts or administer your vehicle, driver, and user groups easily from our efficient web-based interface.
The unique GPS Insight “Dashboard” interface allows you to arrange, customize, name, save and share several configurations of workspaces. Moveable windows called “dashlets” provide insight via real-time maps, vehicle location lists, alerts, graphs, messages, landmark visits, and more. Individual dashlets may be moved around the screen, re-sized, added, or removed. New dashlets are constantly being added, and may be requested by customers via our “Suggestion dashlet” or by contacting a GPS Insight representative.
Comparison Graphs [Front Loaders]
Vehicle Selector [Front Loaders]
Map [Front Loaders]
Map [Side Loaders]
Last Stops [15316 - FL]
More info at gpsinsight.com/dashboard4
GPS Insight Dashboard Interface
GPS Insight Dashboard Interface
More info at gpsinsight.com/dashboard 5
Map [ALL VEHICLES]
Map [Following 15362 - BT]
Alerts [ALL VEHICLES]
Idle Hours Graph
Vehicle Selector [ALL VEHICLES]Recent Alerts [ALL VEHICLES]
DASHLETS• Choose between 1-4 columns per dashboard with different width and height options• 30+ configurable drag and drop dashlets and maps are available• Customize each dashlet with multiple options and save your customizations• Choose a single vehicle to follow or groups of vehicles to view real-time on a map • Configure address format, speed and time thresholds, sort order or landmark groups• Save multiple dashboard layouts with all options exactly as you require for future use from any web browser• Up to 50 separate dashboard configurations can be saved on a per-user basis • Configure certain dashlets to work with others in 8 “dashlet groups” such as maps and graphs tied to lists• Multiple graphs options with “click-through” capabilities to run the underlying reports/maps
Following Vehicle Dashlet
Recent Alerts Dashlet Vehicle Selector Dashlet
Directions DashletIdle Hours Graph Dashlet
• Full-screen street, hybrid, and satellite mapping with configurable vehicle group icon shapes
• “Table of Contents” to find a single vehicle or landmark easily
• One-click access to a zoomed location, simple landmark creation, driving directions, messaging, and activity trails
• Vehicle history trails are color-coded to view multiple vehicles at once
• At-a-glance vehicle status list with color-coded icon shapes
• Optional Landmark mapping to see your warehouses, customers, job sites, etc.
• Configurable vehicle label choices to see vehicle name, driver name, both, or neither
2D MAPPING FEATURESGPS Insight 2D mapping is powerful and easy for your dispatch to use. See your entire fleet, any vehicle group, or a single vehicle easily in a browser window. The Vehicle Status List displays your fleet with configurable, color-coded icon shapes which relate to your vehicle grouping preferences. The colors indicate stopped, speeding, moving or idling vehicles.
Click once on a vehicle in the Vehicle Status List and a pop-up displays vehicle information and exact location without zooming in, or double click to fully zoom into a vehicle’s location. Easily choose from several quick-links to create a landmark, send a text message to the driver, or obtain turn-by-turn directions.
More info at gpsinsight.com/mapping6
GPS Insight 2D Mapping
Vehicle Location & Driving History
Vehicle Location in Hybrid Mode
• Provides precise fleet location and history
• Allows you to see and work with thousands of vehicles and landmarks at once
• “Time Slider” allows you to drill into a particular time of your fleet’s history easily
• Many reports export to 3D Google Earth for a visual analysis of your fleet’s speeding instances, odd-hours usage, idling, and more
• “Street View” capability shows exactly where your vehicles are with recent street level photos
• Google Earth allows you to overlay countless other data elements and is the premier mapping platform for demanding users
• Exclusive “3D Streets Overlay” replaces Google Terrain with actual street-level maps
3D MAPPING FEATURESGPS Insight advanced 3D mapping is the ideal solution for your more demanding dispatch and historical investigation requirements. Efficiently dispatch hundreds of vehicles and view thousands of landmarks with real-time traffic. GPS Insight’s 3D Google Earth-based platform offers all of the powerful features of 2D mapping, plus additional information such
as weather, 3D building representations, zip code boundaries, instant search capabilities, restaurants, hotels, and many others. With 3D satellite imagery, take advantage of the Tilt Angle for real perspective, Street View “as if you were there” images, and highly precise landmarks to increase the accuracy of your fleet monitoring, reports, and alerts.
More info at gpsinsight.com/mapping 7
Vehicle Location in Street View
Vehicle Location & Driving History
GPS Insight 3D Mapping
• Activity Detail - All reported locations for each vehicle• Begin/End of Day - First start/last stop to determine payroll hours• Drive Time Summary - A summary of fleet driving statistics• Fleet Utilization - Utilization details on all fleet vehicles• Odd-Hours - Overnight/weekend driving-time violations• Run Time - View odometer and run time totals• Idle Research - Report/graph showing idle time trends over time• Idle Time - Total idle durations for your fleet by vehicle• Idle Detail - Individual idle stop detail and maps for all vehicles• State Mileage - Quantify your vehicle’s mileage in each state• Switch Report - Shows PTO usage, panic alerts, etc.• Route Efficiency - Compare actual driving to “ideal” route • Service Reminders - A Run-time report with service reminders
• Using Wright Express fuel cards, identify unauthorized purchases• Report on and map fuel purchases, totals, etc.
• Landmark History - Time spent in each landmark, by vehicle• Path History - Time spent on/off a pre-determined route• Unmarked - Show stops which are NOT in a landmark group
Diagnostic (LD/HD-3500 Device Only)
• DTC Alerts - Alerts reported by the vehicle’s on-board computer• Fuel Usage & MPG - Total gallons used and Miles Per Gallon
• Posted Speed - Violations of local posted speeds• Speed Summary - Compare speeding trends across fleet• Speed Violations - Speeding instances with location data for each
• Stop Detail - Information about trip and stop times/distances• Stop Notes - Stop details with SMS or Garmin driver notes• Stop Graph - Colored “swim lane” graph showing vehicle
movement and stop times
We will work with you to customize any report to your needs.
POWERFUL REPORTSGPS Insight provides 30+ reports to quantify activity, idling, stop times, speeding, landmark visits, and other aspects of driver efficiency. All reports include links to export or map data in Excel, Google Maps, or 3D Google Earth. Easily set up scheduled reports to be emailed to you or others daily, weekly, or monthly. Reports are generated in mere seconds to give you the information you need fast without having to wait or run several reports at a time.
More info at gpsinsight.com/reports8
Posted Speed Report
Efficiency Summary Report
Stop Detail & Idle Time Report
Begin/End of Day Report
INSTANT ALERTSGPS Insight offers several types of alerts to keep you aware of exceptions and fleet activity. Some alerts are automatic and others may be set up as required by your company. All alerts may be customized and configured to ensure only an appropriate number are sent within a period of time or during certain times/days. They can be as specific as possible by filtering certain vehicles, certain times, certain days, inside/outside certain landmarks, or in any combination. Alerts can be sent to you, or anyone specified, via email or SMS text message.
ALERT TYPESSpeedingWhen a vehicle violates the specified speed limit by a certain amount or goes beyond an absolute speed threshold.
IdlingWhen a vehicle idles more than the specified idle threshold (optionally during certain hours and in/out of certain landmarks).
Odd-Hours/WeekendWhen there is movement within an odd-hours violation window (could be inside/outside certain landmarks such as employee homes).
Landmarks/GeofencesWhen a vehicle enters or exits a landmark (optionally during certain times of day/days of week).
Long StopsWhen stopped or idling longer than a specific duration (could be inside/outside certain landmarks and during certain times of day).
Late Arrival AlertsWhen taking too much time to get from one landmark to another, (e.g. any warehouse to any customer site).
Out-of-RangeWhen vehicles have not reported for a specified time.
Diagnostic Trouble CodesWhen your engine reports a DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code). (LD/HD-3500 Device Only)
Switch-basedWhen a device switch is triggered (panic, PTO, power-cycle, etc.). (GPSI-4000 and GPSI-3900 Devices Only)
Driver LoginWhen a driver does not log in when starting a trip.(GPSI-4000 and GPSI-3900 Devices Only with Driver ID)
More info at gpsinsight.com/alerts 9
Emailed Speeding Alert
SMS Stop Alert
SMS Odd-Hours Alert
LANDMARKS AND GEOFENCES GPS Insight Landmarks and Geofences are mapped areas/boundaries which make it easy to set parameters to trigger alerts, reports, and maps to deliver even greater insight into your fleet’s activity.
GPS Insight Landmarks and Geofences offer the most advanced mapping functionality on the market today.
FEATURES • Landmarks make alerts, reports, and maps much more
intuitive and provide better context for vehicle activity
• Use polygons to precisely define your landmarks
• Instantly create landmarks from a location on a map or report
• GPS Insight supports landmark groups such as “employee homes” or “customers” which are usable in maps, reports, and alerts
• Assign user permissions to landmark groups to ensure privacy
• Schedule reports to email you or other defined users withspecific information on your fleet’s landmark activity
• Landmarks dashlet orders and shows how many vehicles are at each of your landmarks (or each of the members of a landmark group)
• Create and import landmarks from Google Earth searches
• Import up to 1000 landmarks at a time from Excel (there is no limit on how many landmarks you can have)
• Create alerts that notify you when a vehicle enters or leaves a landmark or group of landmarks, and include/exclude certain landmark groups from other alerts such as idling or odd-hours
More info at gpsinsight.com/landmarks10
Polygon Landmarks in 2D Map
Polygon Landmark in 3D Map
Polygon Landmarks in 3D Map with Vehicle History
ROUTING OPTIMIZATIONGPS Insight easily allows you to identify wasteful routes. Our Routing capabilities can be used to help assign the best routes for your vehicles. We integrate with several industry-leading routing packages to alert you when a driver goes off-route or is behind, and to report on route compliance after the day is complete.
• Various routing functions help you to ensure the most optimal routes for your fleet• Optimize the order of your vehicles’ stops, using your highway/speed/distance preferences• Categorize your customer locations to easily create and optimize routes• Send optimized route to a Garmin nüvi inside your driver’s vehicle• Determine inefficient driving behavior using the Driver Efficiency Report• Compare your drivers’ actual route to your set route on Google Earth to visualize your drivers’ behavior
BENEFITS• Fuel savings• Increase drive time efficiency • Improve response times
• Decrease wear and tear on your vehicles • Finish more jobs per day• Reduce overtime and number of drivers
More info at gpsinsight.com/routing 11
Daily Route with Stop Markers
Routing Dashlet & Route in Google Maps
GARMIN INTEGRATIONIntegrate GPS Insight with Garmin nüvi devices* for the easiest way to message and send routes to your fleet. Choose a vehicle, landmark or address to dispatch a vehicle to a destination. View currently “dispatched” vehicles and their driving/arrival status.
Alerts may be sent to a driver’s Garmin such as “turn off vehicle” or “you are speeding.” Dispatch/Naviga-tion Reports will allow you to see which vehicles were dispatched, how long they took to arrive at their des-tination, and who did not reach their destination.
BENEFITSDispatchSend stops and daily routes to your drivers wirelessly via the GPS Insight Dashboard or API (Application Programming Interface). Sending your driver the shortest route increases efficiency, saving your driver time, miles and fuel.
DirectionsGarmin provides your driver with both visual and audible turn-by-turn directions, which helps improve driver safety. A traffic option is also available with most Garmins to help your driver avoid traffic delays.
MessagingSend and receive full-text messages and one-click “canned” responses. Inbound driver notes are available on stop reports, and inbound driver forms may be used to automate numeric calculations of pickups, units serviced, and/or people dropped off per location.
AccountabilityGarmin utilizes driver login and driver status updates.
*Most Garmin’s are compatible.Contact GPS Insight for a list of compatible Garmin devices.
More info at gpsinsight.com/garmin12
Garmin nüvi Device Integrated with GPS Insight Tracking Hardware
Routing with Auto Directions
Report with Calculated Driver Notes
More info at gpsinsight.com/driverid 13
DRIVER IDGPS Insight Driver ID allows management to report on individual drivers, not just vehicles. This is particularly valuable for companies whose drivers do not use the same vehicle each day.
Any activity performed by the vehicle during the time the driver was assigned will be associated with that driver for reporting purposes.
Maps have driver information available for display at your preference, and alerts/messages will have the appropriate driver’s contact information (email address and cell phone number for SMS) as an optional override to the default vehicle information.
Drivers can be assigned to a vehicle in 5 different ways:
• Manually (via our web interface) • Touching a keyfob to a reader in the vehicle (if installed)• Sending the Driver ID via Garmin• Sending the Driver ID via SMS text message• API (Application Programming Interface)
• Analyze individual driver behavior with reports on idling, speeding, miles, stops, landmark visits, and odd-hours by driver, not by vehicle• Identify drivers responsible for parking tickets, toll violations, and customer complaints• Ensure a more accurate payroll
Following Driver, not just “Vehicle”
Garmin Displaying Driver ID
Choose Driver or Vehicle Labels
MOBILE ACCESSGPS Insight advanced mobile functionality makes it easy to track and communicate with your fleet from anywhere, at any time, by using your mobile device.
• Available for mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, and Android• View detailed current status of your vehicles• Supports map, satellite, and hybrid views• View alerts, create landmarks, and send messages• View vehicles which are closest to your current location
Google Maps for Mobile Devices
• Available for all smartphones and most phones with a graphic display• Supports map, satellite, and hybrid views• View detailed current status of your vehicles• Get directions to/from vehicles
• GPS Insight Portal is fully functional on most mobile browsers (iPad, iPhone, Android, and Blackberry)• Many features have been adapted to work within the phone/tablet browser
• Send and receive SMS text messages to/from your drivers• Send a query from your mobile phone for instant vehicle location and status• Create landmarks, find the closest vehicles, set alerts, and more• Use the messaging dashlet, click links within maps, or the dedicated messaging interface to send/view messages• Using SMS text messages, your drivers can leave reportable notes based on their activity in the field
More info at gpsinsight.com/mobile14
Smartphones Displaying Various Mobile Access
TAKE FULL CONTROL OF YOUR FLEETGPS Insight provides a 30-day, money-back guarantee and offers free trials for qualified companies. Most GPS Insight devices require no contract and are available on a rental program to minimize your out-of-pocket expense before receiving significant ROI (Return On Investment). Our tracking devices are easy to install and ship the day your order is received. Call us today for a free product demonstration in our offices, at your location, or via a WebEx presentation online.
CONTACT USGPS Insight has superior customer service representatives that are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Contact us for sales, customizations and technical support. All of our customer support is handled in-house, from our US-based locations.
GPS Insight HeadquartersArizona21803 N. Scottsdale Road, Suite #220Scottsdale, AZ 85255Phone: 866-477-4321Fax: 480-513-1694
WEBSITEVisit www.gpsinsight.com to keep up-to-date with the latest from GPS Insight. View a large variety of product information, including video demonstrations, software and hardware details, case studies, white papers, testimonials, our CEO’s Blog, and much more. Please use our “Contact Us” form to send any comments or questions you may have. We look forward to providing our world-class technology, service, and support to your organization.
More info at gpsinsight.com/contact 15
Regional Sales Offices
California770 The City Drive, Suite #1400 Orange, CA 92868Phone: 310-526-6076Fax: 714-740-0380
Illinois1 Tower Lane, Suite #2530 Oak Brook Terrace, IL 60181Phone: 630-544-2790Fax: 630-706-3996
Oklahoma119 N. Robinson, Suite #640 Oklahoma City, OK 73102Phone: 405-445-7130Fax: 405-601-1298
GPS Insight Headquarters & “GPSI-Mobile”