Google Tools by Carlos Martín
Embed Size (px)
I'm not the author of this ppt, but Carlos Martín.
Transcript of Google Tools by Carlos Martín
- 1. Tools by Google
- 2. Why?
- 3. GMail
- Storage space (7 Gb and growing)
- Labels, stars and filters
- Built-in chat and video-chat
- 4. LABELS, TAGS & FOLDERS
- 5. SEARCH & FILTERS SEARCH & FILTERS
- 6. Blogger
- Best option for beginners
- Class diary
- Huge variety of third-party apps.
- 7. My Personal Blog
- 8. GADGETS, WIDGETS, APPS... Customizing your blog
- 9. Google Sites
- Fast and easy to to edit (for the few options it has)
- Ideal for first time web builders.
- No programming or database skills required
- No software installation required - just a browser.
- Creator can access tools anywhere.
- File uploads up to 100MB in size + 500MB for each user of an education account.
- No advertisement banners.
- Creator has full control on page access and permissions.
- 10. Home page and menu Esay access to the different Sections and pages
- 11. Create a page and adding apps NAME AND URL TYPE OF PAGE LEVEL Web page Archive Notice board List Other
- 12. Create a page and adding apps MENU THIRD PARTY APPS
- 13. Google Docs
- Google's version of an office suite.
- Documents, spreadsheets, forms and presentations can be created within the application itself, imported through the web interface, or sent via email.
- Opened documents are automatically saved to prevent data loss, and a revision history is automatically kept.
- Documents can be tagged and archived for organizational purposes.
- Serves as a collaborative tool for editing amongst users and non-users in real time.
- 14. DOCS
- 15. PRESENTATIONS
- 16. FORMS & SPREADSHEETS
- 17. FORMS & SPREADSHEETS
- 18. FORMS & SPREAD SHEETS FLUBAROO
- 19. Google Calendar
- Multiple viewing options: by day, week or month; or schedule agenda.
- You can block out time on the calendar for each viewing option and then fill in the details about the appointment.
- You can include a location for the appointment and a short description.
- You can also use the "repeat" function for events that occur regularly.
- Can be embedded in your site or blog.
- Send reminders to email or mobile phones
- 20. Google Calendar
- 21. ATTACHING FROM DOCS OR PC Google Calendar
- 22. Google Groups
- Communicate and collaborate with groups of people.
- Manage access to your documents, sites, videos, and calendars.
- Improve communications among students by creating groups for their classes, subjects, and grade levels.
- Sessions can be stored
- 23. Google Groups
- 24. Google Reader
- Automated News
- Portability:All is needed is a Browser and a Internet Connection.
- Managing the RSS Tags: You can use tags to organize your Feeds in various categories
- Sharing Feeds.
- Public Page
- Google Backing: product updates and bug fixes are guaranteed.
- 25. Google Reader
- 26. Google Reader
- 27. Custome Search Engine
- Controlled and safe searches
- Easy to set
- Provide fast and relevant search results
- Host the search box and results on your own website
- 28. Custome Search Engine
- 29. Google +
- New Concept of Social Network
- Total Control of Privacy (Circles)
- Easy Content Integration
- Hangouts: Collaborative use of video chat.
- No need of gmail account.
- 30. Google +
- 31. Youtube
- Sharing and commenting videos (own or by others)
- Create personal chanel
- On-line video editting
- Embeddable everywhere
- 33. Also...
- 34. And...