Goal setting final
Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
Importance of Goal setting - Islamic perspective
Transcript of Goal setting final
- Set Your Goal in Life An Islamic Perspective
- OUR LIFE
- Quran on Goal Orientation
- What is a Goal? Agoalisadesiredresult, whichisasteptowardsa biggervision,and towhichanactionplanisattached.
- A Goal is Not: A wish A dream An intention or Something you think you should do
- Advantages of having a Goal? Agoalwillgivesyou Clarity, Direction, Motivation & Focus
- Stephen R Covey Begin with the end in mind. Stephen R Covey
- You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win. Zig Ziglar
- Ken Marslew AM, Founder EIE Be ready at any moment to give up what you are for who you can become.
- Importance of Goal setting
- How the children in the West are brought up? From the age of 9 to 12, they have a weekly class called: what is your goal in life?
- How the children in the West are brought up? If he said best painter, they see how he paints. The whole year, they will feed that goal until summer. school administration will send his parents a memo Parents sends the student in summer camps The child comes back the following year wanting to do specific things. When he is 12 years old, he will have a clear goal
- The story of 'Alice in Wonder Land'. Alice what road should I follow? The rabbit then says: if you do not know where youre going then follow any road, it wont make a difference.
- SONY Example 'Sony', written its mission. the Japanese product will become the No1 product in the US markets! They wrote their mission and hanged it on the walls. When the board of directors meet, employee offers a proposal to do something or other, the President of the Board will look at the mission and will ask that employee, how is the proposal, you offered, relevant to the mission?
- Goal setters : Models 1. Al-Imam Al-Nawawy: he had a noble goal in life, he wanted all Muslims, to learn Prophets teaching. He died at the age of 40, and did not even marry. 2. He wrote "Al Arba'een Al Nawawyah" for beginners, 3. Another book "Riyad Al-Salheen" for intermediates 4. and another for specialized scientists and thinkers "Description of Saheeh Muslim".
- Goal setters : Models 1. Omar Ibn Abdel-Aziz: he says about himself: "I have an aspiring soul 2. To marry Fatema Bint Abdel-Malek, to build a Muslim family. 3. To be ruler of Medina in order to justly rule 4. To be the Caliph of Muslims in order to rule like the Emirs of Believers. 5. And today, I aspire to paradise
- Goal setters : Models Muhammad Al-Fateh: he conquered Constantinople when he was just 26 years old, because he had always dreamed of that goal.
- Learn to Fail or Fail to Learn The bravest sight in the world is to see a great man struggling against adversity. Seneca (Roman philosopher, mid-1st century AD)
- The Path of Failure Age 22: Lost job Age 23: Defeated for state legislature Age 24: Failed in business Age 27: Nervous breakdown Age 34: Ran for congress and defeated Age 39: Defeated again Age 46: Ran for senate and defeated Age 47: Defeated for nomination for vice president Age 50: Defeated again for senate
- The Path of Failure Often leads to the greatest success Age 51: 16th US President Abraham Lincoln
- How to set goals SMART Principle SPECIFIC MEASURABLE ACHIEVABLE REALISTIC TIME BOUND
- SMART Specific Do you know what you want to accomplish with all the details? Measurable Are you able to assess your progress? Attainable Is your goal with in your reach given your present condition? Relevant Is your goal relevant towards your purpose in life? Time bound What is the deadline for completion of your goal
- Clearly defined in a way that any body can understand what you want to accomplish Example, Bad thought : I want to write a book Good thought: "I want to write a book on time management that is at least 200 pages in length. Specific
- You need to establish a measuring stick for assessing the progress towards your goals because if you can't measure it, you can't manage it. Bad Thought: "I want to be rich. Good Thought: "I want to generate Rs 9,00,000 in income within 5 years from this date by starting a computer training academy. Measurable
- Attainable You need to create goals that are realistic for your situation and skill level Bad thought: "I want to have my own space channel by next year". Good thought: "I want to become a millionaire within 10 years by starting my own personal development company and doing seminars all over the India.
- Relevant All of us should create a mission statement for ourselves which is basically our purpose in life and all of our goals should spawn from that mission statement. Bad thought: "I want to start a music company that will sell Pop music albums. Good thought: " I want to start a skills development centre to enable youth build up their career.
- Time bound Every goal that you create must be timesensitive in nature. Bad thought: "I am going to do my Project." Good thought: "I am going to finish my Project by 5th May and I'll achieve this deadline by spending one hour daily on each subject.
- Morans 6 steps in goal setting 1) Identify your goals 2) Establish priorities 3) Consider a time-scale 4) Break the goal into steps for action 5) Review your progress 6) Revise your goals if necessary
- Why people dont set goals Aimless life Self ignorance Not knowing how to set goals Fear of Failure, Rejection & Unknown Busy & Unorganized life style Over enthusiasm
- FOUR IMPORTANT QUALIFICATIONS FOR GOALS SUCCESS
- 1. Hope and optimism Prophet Muhammad was always optimistic and always had hope. Taif torture Angels of Mountain Digging of Khandaq Hijrath travel Suraqa bin Jasim
- 2. Patience. Once, H. Khabab Ibn Al-Arat came creeping to Prophet Muhammad and said: "Could you pray for us, we are desperate, tired and fed up with unbelievers torturing us", Prophet Muhammad got angry, and his face became red and said: "In the people before you there were those who were sawed and never let go of their religion, I swear that Allah will end this any way, but you are rushing."
- 3. No to selfish goals the goal should not be a selfish self- centered one, but it should be directed towards serving the society, the country and all Humanity. The self- centered goal is a short term goal. your life will end and your goals will not.
- To believe in your goal so strongly and constantly with all your senses and abilities. Prophet Muhammad's when he told his uncle: "I swear my uncle, if they put the sun in my right hand and the moon in my left hand to leave the message of Islam, I will not till Allah upholds it or I die for its sake. 4. Strong believe in goals
- Goals & efforts Exerting great effortsinstead of sleeping and dreaming. Goal without effort = dreams. Efforts without goals = waste of time. Goal + effort = SUCCESS.
- TARGET I WANT TO BECOME A GOOD ISLAMIC TELUGU SPEAKER S. No Sub Target Source Duration Budget Remarks 1 Learn Telugu Language Mr Ahmed 3 months 500 Daily 2 hrs 2 Build up Telugu vocabulary English - Telugu Dictionary 3 months 500 Daily 5 words 3 Read Telugu Literature Telugu Islamic Publication 6 months 2000 List of books to be attached 4 Learn Speech delivery Join Toastmaster club 6 months 2000 Weekly 3 hours 5 Practice & Rehearsal JIH internal gatherings 3 months 1000 Weekly 3 hours TOTAL TIME AND COST 21 months 6000
- Organizational Micro Plan