Girls quiz finals
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Girls quiz finals
Round 1WRITE SISTERS.
Do The Drool!! 6 pictures. ID +5 for each right answer +10 maximizer
AnswersTaylor Lautner Kaka Sachin Pilot Ritesh Deshmukh Milind Soman Chris Martin
Round 2INFINITE BOUNCE.
To The Point!! 8 questions +10 on a direct and +10 on a pass
1. Philip Morris launched the _________brand in 1924 as a woman's cigarette, based on the slogan "Mild As May". In the 1920s, advertising for the cigarette was primarily based around how ladylike the cigarette was. To this end, the filter had a printed red band around it to hide lipstick stains, calling it "Beauty Tips to Keep the Paper from Your Lips". Name the brand.
2. X is an Italian band from Milan formed in 1994. Formerly known as Sleep of Right and Ethereal, the band was inspired by the combination of gothic imagery and music, and the members have been known, musically, for composing mid-tempo songs consisting of prominent guitar lines and contrasting dual female/male vocal harmonies to help create a melodic, detached sound. Much of the band's recent material, however, sees a heavier and more down-tuned style, featuring a more distinct bass line and a higher mixing of the guitars within the songs. The band's 2006 release, Karmacode, peaked at number 28 on the Billboard 200. They were recently in Bangalore, at the Kingfisher Oktoberfest, Which band?
2. Lacuna Coil
3. Sanjay Singh, producer of Xis mighty upset that his film is not the official entry to the Oscars while Aamir Khan'sPeepli Liveis. Singh feels that the film has only been selected because of the mighty star power of Khan. Singh said, "The last five years have seenRang De Basanti, Eklavya, Taare Zameen Par, Harishchandrachi Factory and Peepli Live as India's entry to the Oscars. Three of these movies have Aamir Khan in them in either acting or producing roles (even one directing role). Speaking about X, he said, It's a coming-of-age film that defied popular genres and was both critically and commercially successful. It even got selected in the 'Un Certain Regard' at the Cannes Film Festival. But since my film does not have any stars, it found its way to the netherworld of the awards category inIndia. We have to think differently. Id X.
4. This commonly used household item was invented by the Egyptians, some 5000 years ago. It was a crude mixture of wine and pumice. From the early Roman empire until 18th century Europe and America, urine (:P) was a main ingredient in this item because the ammonia in it is an excellent cleaner. Ammonia is still a main ingredient in the modern versions of this product. What product??
5. Vijay Mallya
6. Who is a Mousewife?
6. A Mousewife is a housewife who uses the internet and e-mail to raise some extra income to run the household.
7. The X Company was created by New York chemist T.L. Williams in 1915. Williams, then in his early 20s, noticed his younger sister applying a mixture ofVaselineand coal dust to her eyelashes to give them a darker, fuller look. He adapted it in his small laboratory and produced a product sold locally called Lash-Brow-Ine. The product was a local hit, but the awkward name held it back. His sister, who inspired the product, was named ________. So T.L. Williams re-named it X, a combination of __________ and Vaseline. It is under this name that X has achieved its now legendary status in the field of cosmetics. Id this company.
7. Maybel + Vaseline = Maybelline
8. Id the logo.
8. Blu-Ray Disc
Round 3THE GRID.
PoliticsLiteratureEntertainmentSportsFood and Drink Fashion
I am a Muslim and I am an Indian, and I see no distinction between the two. I don't know why should I fear the nuclear deal. It is a deal between two countries which, I hope, will become two equals in the future. The enemies of Indian Muslims are not America or deals like these. The enemies are the same as the enemies of all those who are poorpoverty, hunger, lack of development and the absence of a voice. Who gave this passionate speech on the floor of the Lok Sabha during the Trust Vote for the Indo-US Nuclear Deal? (The speech was a Youtube hit)
Id this Legend of Karnataka Politics.
X says that the idea for_____________came to her in a dream on June 2, 2003.Based on this dream, X wrote the draft of what is now Chapter 13 of the book.In a matter of three months she had transformed her dream into a complete novel,though she claims that she never intended to publishand was writing for her own enjoyment.Her sister's response to the book was enthusiastic and she persuaded X to send the manuscript to literary agencies. Of the 15 letters she wrote, five went unanswered, nine brought rejections, and the last was a positive response from Jodi Reamer of Writers House. Eight publishers competed for the rights to publish___________ in a 2003 auction.By November, X had signed a $750,000 three-book deal withLittle, Brown and Company. While comparing X toJ. K. Rowling,Stephen Kingstated, "The real difference betweenJ.K. Rowlingand X is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer, and X can't write worth a darn. She's not very good." ID X and fill in the blank.
Stephenie Meyer and Twilight
The Books by Indian authors who have won the Booker Prize. Midnights Children by Salman Rushdie The God of Small Things by Arundhathi Roy The Inheritence of Loss by Kiran Desai The White Tiger by Arvind Adiga
Id the movie from the poster.
The Ugly Truth
Xs popularity has extended into Texas Hold em lingo, where the hole cards shown below are sometimes referred to as an X, not only because the hand shares the same initials as X, but also because the hand has the reputation of not playing well. It is said that an X hand looks really good, but rarely wins. Id X.
Six 6s in an over.
X was born in 1990 in aJatfamily from Haryana. Her birth was a big disappointment to her grandmother as grandma wanted a boy. In December 1998, X's father took her to meet Coach Nani Prasad at theLal Bahadur Shastri Stadium. Seeing potential in the girl, Prasad enrolled X as a summer trainee. X, who was 8 years old at the time, would wake at 4am every morning and head to the stadium which was 25km away. After two hours of practice, her father would drop X at school on his way to work. In order to keep up with the rising cost of her training, Xs father withdrew money from his savings and provident fund. The tight-rope walk continued until 2002, when sponsorship was provided. As her status and rankings improved, the sponsorships increased. X who came from such humble beginnings is one of the most sought after brand ambassadors in the country now. Id X.
Ad for which chain?
Xis one of the the most popular Italiancakes. It is made of biscuits (usuallySavoirdi) dipped in coffee, layered with a whipped mixture ofegg yolksandmascarpone, and flavored with liquor andcocoa.The recipe has been adapted into many varieties of puddings, cakes and other desserts. The literal meaning of X in Italian is pick me up and according to legend, Venice's courtesans who worked in the brothel above the restaurant needed a "pick me up" to fortify themselves between amorous encounters. Id X.
X was started inSan Francisco,California, in 1977 byStanford Graduate School of BusinessalumnusRoy Raymond, who felt embarrassed trying to purchase ________ for his wife in adepartment storeenvironment. He opened the first store atStanford Shopping Centerin Palo Alto, and quickly followed it with amail-ordercatalog and three other stores. The stores were meant to create a comfortable environment for men, with wood-paneled walls, Victorian details and helpful sales staff. Men could browse for styles for women and sales staff would help estimate the appropriate size, pulling from inventory in the back rooms. Thus, started a fashion empire. Id X.
In 1926Gabrielle Coco Chanelpublished a picture of a short, simple _________ in AmericanVogue magazine. It was calf-length, straight, and decorated only by a few diagonal lines. Vogue called it Chanels Ford. Like theFord Model T, the __________ was simple and accessible for women of all social classes.Voguealso said that the __________ would become a sort of uniform for all women of taste. How do we know this dress as today?
LBD / Little Black Dress
Round 4THE LVC.
Long Visual Connect!!Total 12 pics A common theme connects the pics. Points : +40/-20 on the first set (1-3) +30/-15 on the second set (4-6) +20/-10 on the third set of (7-9) +10 on the fourth set (10-12)
+40 / -20
+40 / -20
+40 / -20
+30 / -15
+30 / -15
+20 / -10
+20 / -10
+20 / -10
+10 / No negs
+10 / No negs
+10 / No negs
Round 5MAD ADS.
Mad Ads Madness!! 6 print ads. Id the brand. Points = 5 + (5 * No. of teams who dont get it right) Its