- 1.Gears of War Story A nightmare from below. A hero within .Gameplay Characters http://gearsofwar.com/ Emergence Day 11.12.06 Weapons Xbox Live Enemies
- The games actual plot begins fourteen years after Emergence Day. Marcus Fenix, a former COG soldier, is reinstated into the military after spending four years in prison. Dominic Santiago successfully extracts him from the prison, and takes him to meet Delta Squad. The group seeks to obtain the "resonator", a device that will map the Locust Tunnel, and later deploy the "Lightmass Bomb", which will destroy the heart of the Locust forces.
Back to main page 3. Characters
- Gears of Warfocuses primarily on Marcus Fenix, the main character, and Delta Squad's (consisting of Marcus, Dominic, Augustus "Cole Train" Cole, and Damon Baird) encounters with the Locust Horde. Players take control of Marcus Fenix, freshly rescued by Dominic Santiago from the Jacinto Maximum Security Penitentiary. When in co-op two player, the second player assumes control of Santiago. All four of the squad members are available for play during multiplayer games.
Back to main page 4. Gameplay
- The games actual plot begins fourteen years after Emergence Day. Marcus Fenix, a former COG soldier, is reinstated into the military after spending four years in prison. Dominic Santiago successfully extracts him from the prison, and takes him to meet Delta Squad. The group seeks to obtain the "resonator", a device that will map the Locust Tunnel, and later deploy the "Lightmass Bomb", which will destroy the heart of the Locust forces
Back to main page 5. Weapons Bolo Grenade Boltok pistol Boom Shot Gnasher Shotgun Hammer of Dawn Hammerburst Lancer Assault Rifle Longshot Sniper Rifle Snub Pistol 6. Bolo Grenade
- TheBolo Grenadeis the standard fragmentation grenade used by both the COG forces as well as the Locust Horde. The Bolo Grenade is substantially different from any other previous fragmentation grenade, both in damage as well as even throwing method. The grenade's structure consists of an explosive attached to a chain-like rope that is swung around and released when momentum is gained to throw it.
7. Boltok pistol
- TheBoltok pistolis the standard Locust sidearm. The Boltok is a high-caliber magnum revolver. It has half the capacity as the COG Snub Pistol and a much slower rate of fire, but the sheer damage per round it puts out makes it an effective weapon when used correctly.
Back to weapons 8. Boom Shot
- TheBoom ShotRocket Launcher is a short to mid range weapon that discharges explosive projectiles through a large barrel. The weapon is only used by the Locust Boomers but can be picked up by the player. This weapon can easily splatter a COG soldier with one shot. But, the slow rate of fire causes the Boomer, who handles it, to be easily defeated by any COG soldier if they use cover to their advantage as the Boomers tend to shout the word "Boom" just before they fire the weapon.
Back to weapons 9. Gnasher Shotgun
- TheGnasher Shotgunis a close range weapon that is intended for instantly killing enemies within 3 meters of a Gear. The Gnasher Shotgun is a powerful weapon if used in the right situation. It has an 8 round capacity and with more powerful rounds from perfect reloads, it can be devastating.
Back to weapons 10. Hammer of Dawn
- TheHammer of Dawnis a C.O.G. weapon, consists of two separate elements: an orbital satellite equipped with an Imulsion-powered directed particle energy weapon and a hand-held laser designator to be carried by C.O.G. ground forces. Use of the Hammer requires that an orbital satellite first be aligned with the general area of operation, and that it have line of sight to the targeting unit (thus limiting most uses of the Hammer to the outdoors). Once a visual link between the targeting unit and satellite has been achieved, the user must point the hand-held unit's laser at the intended target, at which point the orbital satellite will lock onto the laser's point of termination and begin a sustained particle energy blast on the site.
Back to weapons 11. Hammerburst
- TheHammerburstis the standard Locust Horde firearm. It is standard armament for Drones, and is believed to be the C.O.G.'s Lancer Assault Rifle counterpart. This weapon, unlike the Lancer, fires in powerful bursts of six rounds.
Back to weapons 12. Lancer Assault Rifle
- TheLancer Assault Rifleis the workhorse of the Coalition of Ordered Governments armed forces. It is the primary armament of Gears, and fires projectiles at medium range. This weapon is first used in Trial By Fire. The Lancer, unlike the Locust counterpart, is fully automatic as opposed to the burst fire. Also hasChainsaw Bayonetis the standard attachment to the Lancer Assault Rifle and is the only type of melee attack that will kill any enemy instantly. The chainsaw itself can be used to hack enemies into pieces with it's acuminous razor blades. The 'teeth' of the chainsaw are tipped with carbide compounds, and the bayonet has variable torque settings.
Back to weapons 13. Longshot Sniper Rifle
- Longshot Sniper Rifle has a powerful scope that is attached on the weapon that can land pinpoint shots on targets. This weapon is extremely deadly in the hands of an expert, able to dispatch a foot soldier instantly with a well-placed headshot. It also does critical damage on any shot to the body. It is always best to aim for the head, however. The weapon is obviously difficult to use in close quarters. When it's down to the wire, it all depends on luck whether a sniper survives a close quarters fight.
Back to weapons 14. Snub Pistol
- TheSnub Pistolis the standard sidearm for the COG forces. It has a small ammo capacity of twelve rounds and a semi-automatic firing mode. The Snub is usually only used in more critical situations, such as when a soldier is low on ammo for his primary weapons. The Snub does contain a moderate zoom setting in its integrated scope, which increases accuracy for longer ranges. Like its counterpart the Boltok Pistol, the Snub should otherwise be saved for dual situations.
15. Locust Horde Berserker Boomer Brumak CorpserDrone GrenadierKryll Nemacyst RAAM Reaver Seeder Theron Guard Wretch Back to Main Page 16. Berserker
- Berserker's are the female and less intelligent counterparts of the Drones. They cannot see, but instead rely on smell and sound. That means that if anyone moves too quickly or makes any other distinct sounds it will directly charge at the source of the sound. The Berserker will put her hand out in front of her and attempt to 'sniff out' her target. These Locusts will gain momentum when running to smash through a solid brick wall. They are unaffected by all weapons except the Hammer of Dawn, though after being struck by this weapon they become vulnerable to all others for a brief period of time.
Back to Locust Horde 17. Boomer
- Among the least sophisticated of the Locusts, Boomers are gigantic, obese, and tougher versions of the Locust Drones that can take a lot of damage. A Boomer's weapon of choice is the Boomshot, which they will fire while habitually shouting "Boom!" Which acts as a warning for Gears to move out of the way. They are often seen partnered with other Boomers, but they do not use infantry tactics, instead they move forward slowly and fire their weapon.
Back toBack to Locust Horde 18. Brumak
- Brumaksare huge monsters with extraordinarily thick hides. They often grow to about 12 meters in height and tend to weigh around 10,000 kilograms. Brumaks are deadly at close range, and they have also carry energy beam cannons to kill at a longer range. They also have been known to carry Drones into combat, as a transportation device. The Brumak is very powerful, capable of simply lashing aside a COG APC. Their weapon attachments also appear extremely powerful, firing high-explosive projectiles at its targets .
Back to Locust Horde 19. Corpser
- Corpsers appear as horrific giant spider-like monsters. Their heads appear almost humanoid and are usually helmeted. Though they appear to have several glowing eyes when they are wearing their helmets, they actually only have two very small black eyes. Corpsers have eight thick rock camouflaged legs that guard their vulnerable caterpillar-like underbellies, which is the only exposed part of one's body. The Locust Horde uses Corpsers to dig tunnels through the soil of Sera, allowing the other members of Locust to move about undetected, and even allows the Horde to dig behind COG lines.
Back to Locust Horde 20. Drone
- Dronesare the most common among the collaboration of races known as the Locust Horde, playing the role of standard infantry on the battlefield. They appear to have a muscular humanoid body and have white skin due to their underground lifestyle. They are born and bred for combat, fearless even when outnumbered. It is believed that the locust Berserkers are the female of this race. They use the massive tunnel network under the planet's surface for troop movement and can quickly create portals almost anywhere on the surface called Emergence Holes, which they often use to surprise their enemies.
Back to Locust Horde 21. Grenadier
- Grenadiersare larger, stronger, tougher Locust. While the Grenadiers can be counted among the Drones, they are generally stronger and bulkier. In battle, they often leave their upper torsos completely unarmored, possibly due to their lower life expectancy. Their teeth also seem slightly larger, adding to their menace. The grenad