Gamifying MozCon: The Battle for Seattle 2014
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Gamifying MozCon: The Battle for Seattle 2014
- 1. MozCon 2014 Wanna Go?
- 2. What is MozCon?
- 3. Its a Party for SEO NERDS! 3 Days of SEO, Social, Content, Brand, Conversion, Mobile, and Analytics Goodness! Tons of Great Speakers (Annie Cushing is one) Amazing Networking Solid learning experience for new and seasoned SEOs and Social peeps A chance to get a selfie with Roger the Mozbot
- 4. Yeah, yeah we know what it is How do we get to go???
- 5. The Battle for Seattle 2014
- 6. There are TWO Tickets for MozCon 2014. May the best SEOs win.
- 7. What does this include? Im taking 2 lucky winners on a round-trip, allexpenses paid trip to Seattle, Washington for MozCon 2014. -3 Day Pass to MozCon -Round Trip Airfare -DWS Cribs (Were renting a house in the city) -Food & Beverages
- 8. How Do You Win? Each SEO will choose 4 clients from youre their current client list. The goal is to generate the best content for each of (or any combination of) the clients chosen.
- 9. How do we determine that? The winner will have generated the highest volume of: Unique Visits to the content Social Interactions Links acquired *In case of a tie, there will be a foosball deathmatch.
- 10. Timelines Now-Jan 26th: Determine your target clients and build your strategy Jan 27th-Jan 31st: Review and approval of strategy by management Feb 1: Launch your strategy April 30th: All work must be done May 1st: Results Tallied May 5th: Winners Announced
- 11. Rules No work can begin on building the campaigns until Feb 1. Max budget for each client account is $1k to create content (paid by client). Strategies implemented must be sanctioned during the approval period. No black hat/grey hat SEO tactics
- 12. Rules You may choose to go all in on one piece of content or one client account or you can diversify across up to 4 accounts. The work you do for the accounts chosen can not negatively impact the work you are assigned for other accounts (Were tracking and monitoring that).
- 13. Rules Paid Media will be allowed to drive traffic (including FB, Twitter, Google, etc) No negative SEO to competitor sites (Kirk) There is no limit to the amount of content you can create. Content can be in any form. Content doesnt have to live on the client site.
- 14. Let The Games Begin!
- 15. The Battle for Seattle 2014