Front Cover Changes From Draft to Final Front Cover

of 13 /13
Front Cover Changes By Jenna Grieves

description

 

Transcript of Front Cover Changes From Draft to Final Front Cover

Page 1: Front Cover Changes From Draft to Final Front Cover

Front Cover ChangesBy Jenna Grieves

Page 2: Front Cover Changes From Draft to Final Front Cover

•The first change that I made was to make the title larger so that it filled up more space at the top and so that it was bolder to catch the attention of the target audience as they walk past it in a shop so that they would stop and look at it and then consider buying it.

Page 3: Front Cover Changes From Draft to Final Front Cover

•The next change I made was to add a website by the barcode. This is because I had looked at existing music magazines and found that they have the website by their barcode so I decided to do the same to make sure that my magazine had the same conventions as an existing music magazine.

Page 4: Front Cover Changes From Draft to Final Front Cover

•The third change I made was to experiment with the sizing and positioning of the blurs because these are what tell people they can expect in the magazine so they have to be larger so that it’s easier to read and once again catches the attention of my target audience.

Page 5: Front Cover Changes From Draft to Final Front Cover

•Again, similar to the last change, I have made the font size of each blur a different size so that it shows which features are the most important in this edition of the magazine.

Page 6: Front Cover Changes From Draft to Final Front Cover

•For this change, I decided to experiment with the different types of font so that I have a font which looked good on the page and was easy to read but still stood out from the rest of the page. Also I had looked at other music magazines and found that they had several fonts on their front page.

Page 7: Front Cover Changes From Draft to Final Front Cover

•This change, I experimented with different colours for the puffs and went back to my original idea of having the boxes down one side.•I also got rid of another box so that they could all be down one side. I also changed the sizing of the font so that it went down in size order to show which were the more important puffs.

Page 8: Front Cover Changes From Draft to Final Front Cover

•I then changed the colour of the middle box of the bottom half so that the bottom three boxes all had the same colour to make the top box stand out more to show that is the main focus of the magazine.

Page 9: Front Cover Changes From Draft to Final Front Cover

•I then decided that none of the changes had really made it look more like a music magazine.•The first change I did was to do was to change the colour of the background and make it look brighter and more appealing to my target audience.•The second change was to make the text overlap the image on the front cover because I have looked at other magazines and found that all of them overlap text so it looks like there is more in the magazine. Also it is a better use of the space on the front cover.•The third change I made was to shorten the puffs to make them catchy and make them bold and bigger and put them into different fonts.

Page 10: Front Cover Changes From Draft to Final Front Cover

•The next change I did was to swap the colours of the two top boxes on the right hand side. This was because I felt like there was too much red font towards the bottom of the page.

Page 11: Front Cover Changes From Draft to Final Front Cover

•The next change I made was to add the website back in by the barcode because with all the changes I had forgotten to put it back in where it was before.

Page 12: Front Cover Changes From Draft to Final Front Cover

•The next thing I did was to add a circular puff to the front cover. This is because I looked at other magazines and found they had done similar things and it been effective so I decided to do a similar thing.

Page 13: Front Cover Changes From Draft to Final Front Cover

•The final change I made to my music magazine was to centre the writing in the red box so that it filled the box and looked more effective than all the writing being on the left hand side.