Framework for Developing a Content Marketing Strategy
Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
Search and social discovery drive engagement, so good content underpins both natural search visibility and social media marketing. Content marketing is about providing the content your customers are looking for, and a well executed strategy will attract prospects and convert them to leads and ultimately customers. Your content should answer questions prospects have about your product. It should inform and educate. It should inspire and reinforce your brand. And most importantly it should have a well defined purpose. This presentation provides a simple framework for building a content marketing strategy for your business.
Transcript of Framework for Developing a Content Marketing Strategy
- Framework for Developing aContent Marketing Strategy Content marketing is the only marketing left - Seth Godin
- What is Content Marketing? Online advertising interrupts customers as they browse the web and consume content. Content marketing is about providing the content customers are looking for It answers their questions about your product It informs and educates It inspires and reinforces your brand It takes many forms: video, text, images, features It has a well defined purpose.
- Why Content Marketing? The web has changed consumer behaviour Search & Social Discovery drive engagement Content Good content underpins both natural search visibility and Engagement social media marketing A well executed content strategy attracts prospects and Conversion converts them to leads
- Framework for Creating a CM Strategy Define Define Define Define Define Define CustomerAudience & Business Content Content Conversion JourneyBuying Cycle Goals Requirements Promotion Events (the funnel)
- Define Audience & Buying Cycle Define the persona/profile of your target customers Demographics/Pyschographics Behaviours Specific needs through the buying process Preferred channels and modes Define the buying cycle Include timelines, triggers and goalsAwareness Interest Consideration Purchase Retention Advocacy
- Define Business GoalsDefine short and long term goals for the websiteBe specific with measurable outcomes which reflect goals
- Define Customer Journey (the funnel) The funnel defines how to reach prospects, turn them into leads and ultimately customers Must reflect the buying cycle and the personas of our typical customer, their needs and goals Define how prospects and leads will be converted Serve prospects Positive Convert to regular OngoingAttract prospects and establish Close sale Net newsletter Engagement trust Promoter
- Define Content Requirements Define what content is required at each stage of the funnel, and how this will meet the needs and intent of prospects, leads and customers at different stages of the customer journey What are the themes and messages we want to convey, and what tone and voice will be used Define what forms the content will take Define how the content will be resourced
- Define Content PromotionDefine channels for promotion and distribution, reflecting the persona preferences of the target market Social media Search Paid discovery
- Define Conversion EventsDefine the conversion events and measurements around content typesBe clear how the efficacy of the funnel will be measured and how this is linked to business goals