Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Firenze 2012
- 1. Italian language and culture in Florence, Italy Summer A Departure date from the US: May 12 , 2012 Return Date: June 23, 2012 Faculty Director: Mrs Spina [email_address]
2. How much does it cost andwhat is included?
- Estimated cost of $ 3,435 for 6 weeks includes:
- Two courses taught in Florence ( 3 classes per week)
- Accommodation in apartments
- State museums pass
- Use of the school gym
- Cell phones for free incoming calls
- Field trip of3 days to Rome
- Field trip to Cinque Terre
- 2 special dinners ( welcome and farewell)
- Meal plan of 10 vouchers
- Medical insurance
3. What is not included?
- Airfare( prices vary depending on how soon students book their ticket and the provider they use)
- Meals not included in the meal plan
- UCF tuition (the same as you would pay if you were taking classes on Campus )
- Personal expenses (those really vary)
- There are several scholarships available at OIS ( Office of International Studies).
- Any scholarship that covers your credit hours in the summer can be applied towards this program.
- One scholarship available only for the Italian Language Program.
- Choice of one grammar class ( placement test administered in Florence) depending on your UCF level:
- ITA 1120 ( Elementary I)
- ITA 1121 ( Elementary II)
- ITA 2200 ( Intermediate I)
- ITA 2201 ( Intermediate II)
- For all students
- A culture course/field study TBD
- Possibility of independent studies for students minoring in Italian.
6. Advantages of classes takenin Italy
- You always have a long weekend to go away.
- The Field Study class will not be in a classroom, so it allows you to explore the city.
- If you pursue a Minor in Italian, you will get a lot of credits in just 6 weeks!
- Housing in Students apartments in Florence (single rooms at extra charge).
- Hotel in Rome
8. 9. Meals
- You get 10 free meals at Ganzo, a student-run restaurant nearby.
- There are numerous markets and near by for the best tasting, fresh food.
- There are many little caf shops and places to eat a good meal.
10. 11. Excursions included inthe cost of the program
- Field trip to Cinque Terre.
12. 3 days ( 2 nights) in Rome) 13. Travel to different cities and explore everything! Chianti Pisa Venice 14.
- There are so many amazing things to see!
- Email me if you want help planning your study abroad experience: